Learn to Cure Joint Pain with Lemon Peel
Lemons have become an indispensable fruit in the modern diet, not just because they’re versatile and delicious, but also because they’ve also been shown to be very beneficial to health. Their high content of vitamin C, combined with a number of other antioxidants and nutrients, make lemons a great way to prevent disease and fight health problems like the flu, the common cold, laryngitis, bacterial infections, high blood pressure, problems with digestion, skin issues. However, other research has also shown that it can be a very effective way to cure joint pain.
Some of the benefits of lemons are due to their high content of vitamins C, A, B1, and B6, as well as magnesium, bioflavonoids, pectin, folic acid, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. Other nutrients help strengthen the immune system, protect the stomach and liver, and, in addition, slow premature aging of the skin caused by free radicals.
Why is lemon peel specifically useful to cure joint pain?
Most people don’t know this, but almost half of the beneficial nutrients in lemons are contained in the peel. Because of its bitter taste, most people throw away the peel and use only the juice of this fruit. However, when you toss out the peel you’re throwing away a tremendous number of nutrients that can improve your overall health and even fight joint pain.
The lemon peel contains important nutrients like lemon oil, citronella, and phellandrene, in addition to vitamin C, citric acid, malic acid, formic acid, hesperidin and pectins, and more.
Lemon peel has some powerful qualities and is a strong antiseptic that can help fight fever. In fact, the essential oils found in lemon peel have been shown to reduce joint pain, by relaxing the blood vessels and producing an anti-inflammatory effect that significantly reduces painful sensations.
How to cure joint pain with lemon peelIf you want to reap the full benefits of the peel to help to cure joint pain, try the following recipes.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large organic lemons
- Eucalyptus leaves
- A small jar with lid
- Clean gauze
- First place the lemon peels in a jar and add enough olive oil to cover them completely. Then add the eucalyptus leaves. After that, close the jar tightly and let this mixture sit for two weeks.
- After two weeks have passed, add a little of this remedy to some gauze and place it over the painful area. Ideally you should apply this treatment at night, so that the ointment can soak into the skin while you sleep.
Tea made with lemon peel
In addition to trying the above remedy to cure joint pain, you should also make tea using lemon peel to obtain all its benefits and see the best results.
- 1 liter of water
- 2 lemon peels, and the juice
- Honey (optional)
First pour the water into a pot and add the lemon peel. Then bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Finally, remove them from heat and add the lemon juice and honey.
Benefits of tea made with lemon peel
- Relieves pain in leg and arm joints
- Reduces inflammation and gas
- Is a natural detox agent
- Helps regulate the pH of the blood
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents disease
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves skin health, by fighting excess oil
- Fights bad breath
- Is relaxing
- And, finally, it can relieve tension and headaches