Kashotto: What Is It and How to Include it in Your Diet?
Kashotto is a dish that’s similar to risotto in appearance, but the ingredients used in this case are bulgur, millet, corn, wheat, buckwheat, quinoa, oats, and other cereals.
It is a creamy dish that can provide a high amount of essential nutrients of very high quality. For this reason, it’s beneficial to include it in your diet on a regular basis. Keep reading because we’ll tell you how you can prepare this delicious dish.
Kashotto has many benefits, including its ability to provide the energy needed to help people perform at their best while playing sport. And not only that, it’s also ideal for subsequent recovery processes.
It also has essential vitamins and minerals. This is especially the case when vegetables are used when preparing it. Thanks to them, the antioxidant load increases, neutralizing the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. The result is a lower incidence of chronic pathologies, as stated in research published in the European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
This kashotto recipe is quick and easy to make. The ingredients you will need to get an excellent result are as follows:
- 500 grams (20 oz) of bulgur wheat
- 1.5 liters (just over 3 pints) of coconut milk
- 20 grams (nearly 1 oz) of organic virgin coconut oil
- Seasonal vegetables
- Dried coconut powder
- Cloves, cinnamon and star aniseed (star anise)
- Salt and pepper
- First, heat the coconut milk in a saucepan, stirring a little at a time.
- Once it has reached the desired temperature, add the cloves, cinnamon, and star anise.
- Increase the heat to medium without stopping stirring.
- Continue cooking until the mixture is very hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Cut the vegetables.
- To continue, pour the 20 grams of coconut oil in a frying pan and add the freshly chopped vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper and wait for them to soften and reduce in volume.
- Strain the coconut milk and put it back on the heat.
- When it boils, add the bulgur and lower the heat, stirring constantly. Gradually the cereal will begin to swell and absorb the liquid.
- Correct the salt and pepper, and let it reduce until it has the texture of a risotto.
- Cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Then, plate and sprinkle grated coconut on top, serving with the vegetables.
Is it a preparation suitable for coeliacs?
Kashotto can be made with wheat or cereals with gluten in them, but it’s possible to use bulgur, for example, as the main ingredient. Some claim that this makes the dish suitable for coeliacs, but this isn’t at all clear from many online sources. We would recommend that coeliacs
It’s important to note that at least 25 grams of fiber should be provided each day, a requirement that is rarely met. In the case of inadequate consumption, certain health problems may gradually develop, such as dysbiosis.
“Kashotto”, a very healthy dish
As you have seen, kashotto is a very healthy preparation that can be included in the context of a varied diet. It’s especially positive for athletes, as it provides a high amount of good quality carbohydrates.
This ensures the athlete will have plenty of energy when carrying out exercise, avoiding drops in performance or fatigue. However, it must be ensured that all essential nutrients are consumed in sufficient doses for this purpose.It might interest you...