How to Prepare 5 Natural Beauty Products at Home
Every day more and more women are deciding to invest a little time to make their own beauty products. This trend has become quite popular around the world and is a healthier and eco-friendly way to look radiant. That’s why today we’ll show you some recipes for making natural beauty products at home.
While the cosmetic industry currently offers millions of beauty products in all shapes, sizes, prices and brands, natural alternatives are gaining ground and are becoming a favorite with many people. Not only do they save you some money, but they’re also better for you if you have sensitive skin.
Prepare natural beauty products at home
1. Peeling for the face
Peeling is a technique used to remove all kinds of impurities in the skin and reduce the impact of free radicals. As experts point out, it works by eliminating the thickness of damaged skin, which results in better healing and skin rejuvenation.
In this case, you can use olive oil, sugar to make your own preparation for a natural exfoliation. Experts endorse the anti-inflammatory and restorative effects of olive oil on the skin, so much so that they recommend it as an occasional alternative to chemical products.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (14 grams)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (12 grams)
- Mix the two ingredients until you obtain a thick paste.
How to apply
- Apply the mixture with gentle circular massages, taking care of the most delicate areas such as the contour of the eyes and lips.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
Discover another great treatment: 5 Tomato Beauty Treatments for Acne And More
2. Body scrub
Exfoliation of the whole body has become a way to remove dead skin and other agents that adhere to it causing various alterations.
In this case, the star ingredient to enhance our beauty will be oatmeal, whose nutrients soften the skin and diminish imperfections.
- ½ cup oat flakes (55 grams)
- ¼ cup honey (80 grams)
- Mix the oat flakes with the honey until you get a smooth product.
How to apply
- When showering, apply the scrub all over your body with gentle circular massages.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse.
3. Nail strengthener
Many factors can weaken our nails. Fortunately, there are several ingredients that can nourish them to strengthen them, improve their health and make the most of their beauty.
- 2 teaspoons of castor oil (10 milliliters)
- 2 teaspoons of salt (10 grams)
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ oil (5 milliliters)
- Put all the ingredients in an airtight jar and be sure to mix them together.
How to apply
- Apply a small amount of the treatment to the surface of your nails and leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat every day to achieve good results.
4. Lip balm
Lip skin is very delicate and tends to dry out very easily when not properly moisturized.
Lip balm is a product with a high content of vitamin E, minerals and antioxidant compounds that help improve their condition to make them look beautiful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (28 grams)
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- ¾ teaspoon of beeswax
- ½ teaspoon cocoa butter
- 3 drops of vanilla oil
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- Heat the oil, honey, beeswax, and cocoa butter in a double boiler.
- When they melt and form a smooth mixture, remove them from the heat and let them cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla drops and vitamin E and pour into an airtight jar.
How to apply
- When the balm is thick, take a small amount and apply it to your lips with your fingertips.
Find out more here: This Natural Balm Can Help You Get Extra Long Eyelashes
5. Hair conditioner
Conditioner is a very special product for hair, which is able to nourish, repair, and provide important nutrients to enhance its beauty.
It’s recommended for those who have dry and damaged hair, as it can restore it to make it look radiant.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 grams)
- Mash the pulp of a ripe avocado, add two tablespoons of honey and mix until you get a paste.
How to apply
- Spread the product on wet hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with your usual shampoo.
As you can see, it’s very easy to make homemade cosmetics without using expensive chemical ingredients and being environment ally friendly at the same time.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Alessandrini A, Starace M, Bruni F, Piraccini BM. An Open Study to Evaluate Effectiveness and Tolerability of a Nail Oil Composed of Vitamin E and Essential Oils in Mild to Moderate Distal Subungual Onychomycosis. Skin Appendage Disord. 2020 Jan;6(1):14-18.
- Capone K, Kirchner F, Klein SL, Tierney NK. Effects of Colloidal Oatmeal Topical Atopic Dermatitis Cream on Skin Microbiome and Skin Barrier Properties. J Drugs Dermatol. 2020 May 1;19(5):524-531.
- Pazyar N, Yaghoobi R, Kazerouni A, Feily A. Oatmeal in dermatology: a brief review. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2012 Mar-Apr;78(2):142-5.
- Soleymani T, Lanoue J, Rahman Z. A Practical Approach to Chemical Peels: A Review of Fundamentals and Step-by-step Algorithmic Protocol for Treatment. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2018 Aug;11(8):21-28.
- Taheri M, Amiri-Farahani L. Anti-Inflammatory and Restorative Effects of Olives in Topical Application. Dermatol Res Pract. 2021 Jun 26;2021:9927976.
- Yeh JE, Hartman RI, Xu J, Hoang M, Yasuda MR. Resolution of folliculitis decalvans with medical honey. Dermatol Online J. 2019 Aug 15;25(8):13030.
- Williams HC, Buffham R, du Vivier A. Successful use of topical vitamin E solution in the treatment of nail changes in yellow nail syndrome. Arch Dermatol. 1991 Jul;127(7):1023-8.