This Natural Balm Can Help You Get Extra Long Eyelashes
To achieve extra long eyelashes, many to turn to mascara. This gives us a satisfying effect, but is artificial and temporary.
To get your eyelashes to grow long and thick naturally, however, you can use this very effective ancient remedy.
In this article, discover how to prepare a home-made, natural balm to achieve extra long eyelashes.
The Purpose of Eyelashes
Eyelashes protect our eyes from external elements like the sun’s rays. In addition, they prevent foreign bodies and bacteria that can cause infections from getting into our eyes.
However, eyelashes also increase the face’s femininity and sensuality.
Long and thick eyelashes can change the features of our face noticeably. That’s why women tend to use mascara or even false eyelashes.
Short-term Solutions for Longer Lashes
There are some tricks to improve how our eyelashes look that have immediate effects:
- Mascara: There are many types of mascara. Some give greater length, thickness or volume, etc. However, we recommend choosing more natural mascaras to avoid harmful components coming into contact with your eyes, such as parabens, for example.
- False eyelashes: False eyelashes have evolved a lot over the last few years and have gone from being uncomfortable to being delicate and elegant. You can apply them individually to the outer side of the eyelashes and they achieve a very natural, pretty effect.
You might like: 6 Vegetable Oils for Beautiful Eyelashes
Natural Remedies for Extra Long Eyelashes
If you want your eyelashes to grow naturally, you should use ingredients with properties that favor growth. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Castor oil is an ancient health and beauty remedy that many have known about for decades.
This oil, which comes from the plant’s seeds, has the property of covering the hair, flattening the cuticle and strengthening the follicle.
Thus, it promotes the growth of the eyelashes. They will start to look more abundant, thick and long in just a few days.
However, you need to be careful to buy castor oil for cosmetic use, as it is also also sold for industrial use.
Also, to ensure the best quality, it should specify that it is cold-pressed.
Coconut oil is an excellent health food that also has several practical and effective cosmetic uses.
One of them is promoting the growth of the eyelashes. This is thanks to the vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids it contains.
First of all, this natural oil nourishes the eyelashes from the roots up. In addition, it keeps them hydrated and makes them grow faster.
However, the best quality coconut oil is extra virgin and you can use it as a natural moisturizing lotion for your whole body.
How to Prepare a Natural Eyelash Balm
To prepare this natural balm for extra long eyelashes, you should use equal quantities of castor oil and coconut oil, for example:
- 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed castor oil for cosmetic use (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil (30 g)
- First, to prepare this simple balsam you just need to mix the two oils well.
- The most comfortable way to apply it is to use an empty mascara bottle.
- You can use one that you’ve finished or buy a new one from a natural cosmetics shop.
Read: Homemade Makeup Removers
How to use it
To use this balm, you need to follow these steps:
- Every night, before going to bed, remove your makeup thoroughly. You can use a home-made makeup remover. In any case, we recommend avoiding non-natural wet wipes.
- Once your face is clean, apply the balm directly to your upper and lower lashes with the help of the applicator.
- You should be careful not to use too much or to get it too close to your eyes, because castor oil can be an irritant.
- Then, go to bed while trying not to touch your eyes.
- In the morning, when you get up, wash your face, especially the eyes. You can also use a warm, damp cloth.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Castor oil – castor oil liquid [Label]. (2017).
- Garza LA, et al. (2012). Prostaglandin D2 inhibits hair growth and is elevated in bald scalp of men with androgenetic alopecia. DOI: