Homemade and Natural Tricks to Wash Clothes
How much money do you usually spend per week on household and cleaning products? It is very common to buy a lot of products to bleach and wash clothes, get rid of odors, or to make clothes from the washer much softer and in better shape. The reality is that you can achieve a lot of things with simple home remedies: vinegar, lemon, and baking soda will be your best allies. Discover how to wash clothes with these natural homemade to tricks!
How to Whiten Clothing
As you already know, the most common chemical product used to whiten clothing is bleach. Besides the fact that all of these products are highly toxic to the environment, they make fabric fibers weaken and break more easily. It is true that they come out white and unstained, but they don’t last as long. Also, if you aren’t careful, bleach can cause blots and stains on colored clothing from splashes.
1. Whiten Curtains
If they are kitchen curtains, which tend to be full of smoke and grease, it is great to put them in the bath with hot water. Add a tablespoon of baking soda and let sit until the water gets cold. Then you can wash them normally and much more easy. They will come out perfect.
2. Whiten Tablecloths
This is very easy, it is done almost the same way as the curtains. Put them in hot water but add a few splashes of hydrogen peroxide to where there are stains. They will come out more easily and leave the tablecloths completely white and will take care of the fabric.
3. Whiten Clothing
When putting clothes into the washer, you can dilute a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water and then pour it on the clothes (never put pure baking soda on fabric because it could damage it. It is best to dilute it with water). Then, let the washer do its normal rinse cycles. You can also use lemon juice.
2. Remove Odors from Clothing
This has surely happened to you before. You take the clothing out of the washer and notice that some shirts still have a slight smell of body odor. You will have to wash them again, but how can this be avoided? Very easily. There are three ways to do this:
- Make a water and baking soda paste. You will just need a half teaspoon diluted in a half glass of water. Mix well and put this paste on the most critical areas, like the armpits. Then you can put it in the washer like usual.
- White vinegar. Put a half glass of vinegar mixed with a glass of water in a spray bottle. Spray the areas with this mixture and let sit for 10 minutes and then wash like normal.
- Lemon juice. You probably already know this. This is another natural ingredient that is great for neutralizing the smell of sweat on clothing. You just have to mix the juice from half a lemon with the same amount of water. Then, using a rag or sponge, apply this to the worst smelling areas. Let sit for 10 minutes and then put it in the washer.
3. Simple Tricks to Eliminate Clothing Stains
1. Oil Stains
If you have clothing with oil stains, you can use the simple trick of apply talcum powder where the stain is so that it gets absorbed. Let sit for a day and then put it in the washer.
3. Gum Stuck to Clothing
There are two very interesting tricks that you can try. The first is truly strange: put the clothing with the gum on it in the freezer. As a result, the gum will become completely stiff and will be very easy to remove. Will you try it? The second technique is more well-known. It is simply applying a little bit of gasoline. You will be able to remove it easily.
3. Makeup Stains
Sometimes, you accidentally stain your shirts with lipstick or your facial cover up. How can you eliminate this so it doesn’t leave a stain? Very easy. Apply vinegar water in equal parts. Let sit for a half an hour and then wash it like usual.
4. Blood Stains
Blood stains tend to be more difficult to remove. A simple trick is to use hydrogen peroxide. Put a splash on the area and let sit for a half an hour. Then, put the clothing in the washer like normal. Not even a trace will stay.
We hope these simple tricks have helped you. Don’t hesitate to tell us about your own tips!