9 Home Remedies with Hydrogen Peroxide You Should Know
Thanks to its bleaching properties, hydrogen peroxide can be great for maintaining healthy skin and fighting blotches and other spots caused by the sun.
Looking for some home remedies with hydrogen peroxide? Look no further!
Peroxide, also known as hydrogen peroxide, is a multi-purpose product that is found in many households.
It works as a disinfectant, bleach, and an antiseptic, so many people use it to treat superficial wounds or skin lesions.
It also has multiple cosmetic and household applications, since it is not aggressive to skin and can be used to clean many surfaces.
Best of all, you can it’s inexpensive to buy in most shops or supermarkets.
For all these reasons, we’re going to share nine interesting home remedies with hydrogen peroxide.
Home Remedies with Hydrogen Peroxide
1. Lotion to reduce blotchy skin
Hydrogen peroxide’s bleaching properties are useful in dealing with skin blemishes caused by the sun, known as Melasma.
- First, moisten a piece of cotton with peroxide and rub it on the affected areas.
- Leave it for a couple of hours, rinse the skin, and apply moisturizer.
- Repeat every day.
2. Mouthwash for bad breath
The antiseptic and anti-microbial properties of peroxide are useful for eliminating the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Its application speeds up the recovery of mouth infections, lesions on the gums and other oral health problems.
The most interesting thing is that it also whitens your teeth and helps to reduce stains caused by some foods.
- Dilute equal parts of hydrogen peroxide with water and use it as a mouthwash after brushing your teeth.
- Repeat twice a day, three times a week.
3. Treatment for removing ear wax
This natural product is also one of the best tools for removing excess wax that accumulates in the ear canal.
- Mix equal parts of warm water with hydrogen peroxide and apply two to three drops in each ear.
- Tilt your head and leave it to act for three to five minutes.
- Drain the liquid and remove the debris with a soft cloth.
4. Remedy for Athlete’s Foot
The anti-fungal and anti-microbial qualities of this product can also be used in the treatment of Athlete’s Foot and nail fungus.
- Mix one part of hydrogen peroxide with three parts warm water and dip your toes in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Repeat every night.
5. Treatment for a sore throat
Gargling hydrogen peroxide fights the presence of bacteria and germs in the throat.
In turn, this lowers the risk of colds and flu, since it kills the related viruses.
- Dilute one part of hydrogen peroxide in warm water and gargle for two minutes.
- Avoid swallowing and repeat the treatment twice a day.
6. Bath to detoxify the skin
As a result of its composition and properties, peroxide is an excellent alternative for removing toxins and impurities from your skin.
- Add a cup of hydrogen peroxide 3% in a bath with warm water and immerse your body for half an hour.
- You can enjoy this up to two times a week.
7. Remedy for wounds and burns
The treatment of wounds and superficial burns is probably the best known and most traditional use of this natural product.
Its antiseptic and soothing properties reduce secretions and bleeding while speeding up cell recovery.
- Spray a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on the affected area and leave for five to ten minutes.
- Use it two or three times a day.
8. Treatment for sinus infection
Diluted in water, this product can be used as a nasal spray. It can minimize the degree of infection and prevent the development of further complications.
- 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide (3 ml)
- 1 cup of water non-chlorinated (250 ml)
- Mix a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% with non-chlorinated water and apply a spray to your nostrils.
- Repeat this twice a day depending on how badly blocked your sinuses are.
9. Lotion to combat acne
The anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory power of peroxide helps in the treatment of acne and blocked pores.
- Rub a small amount of hydrogen peroxide on spots and pimples.
- Leave it to dry and then rinse.
- Avoid overuse, as it can be irritating.
As you’ve seen, this product has many interesting applications beyond his power to clean cuts and grazes.
We encourage you to try its other uses and find out how great a help it can be!