Home Remedies to Get Perfect Feet
Our feet really go through a lot during the day. They deserve to be pampered and cared for. Keep reading to find out how you can do it.
Besides esthetic purposes, it’s good to keep your feet in perfect state to prevent serious problems in the future and also to show them off in sandals in the summer. So we want to show you some home remedies you can use to have perfect feet.
We tend to care for our hair, hands, and face, but seem to forget about our feet all too often. It shouldn’t be that way. They’re your support and have to be the first to be cared for and pampered. They’re also the most affected body part by walking, wearing tight shoes, exercising, etc. In the long term, this can be a problem.
Your feet, your roots
Many people can say that your feet are the most important part of the human body. They support you and allow you to go from one place to the other. Nature has given you resistant and strong feet, but this doesn’t mean they can0t suffer damage. It’s very common to have cracked feet, with callouses and blisters.
Besides having your nails painted to match your bathing suit, the truth is that your feet need a lot more attention than what you occasionally give them. You most likely think about your hair, then your face, and then your hands. Your feet come in last, if you think about them at all.
In order to show off amazing feet, you should follow a frequent care and maintenance routine. This can cost you a little bit of time, but keep in mind that it will translate to overall well-being, that you’ll notice even in your facial expressions.
Tricks to get perfect feet
In order to have perfect feet, like a model’s, with no hard skin, callouses, or cracked heels, you just have to spend a little bit of time every week. Follow these tips:
1. Sea salt bath
You should do a weekly foot bath with sea salt for a half hour. It isn’t a big task: you can do it while you watch television or while painting your fingernails. This will make them look more relaxed and rested, especially if you standing or sitting down all day at work.
2. Hot and cold bath
Every fifteen days, do a hot water bath for a few minutes, immediately followed by a cold water bath. This combination will improve your the circulation of your feet. If you add a few drops of lemon to the water, you will prevent them from smelling bad.
3. Pumice stone
Use a pumice stone whenever you can. It ‘s a vital element to care for your feet. It’s a volcanic rock that’s very porous but low in density. You can find it in any beauty store or supermarket. After showering or a hot bath, use this stone to gently scrape the areas where callouses form on your feet, especially on your heels.
4. Get a massage
Massage your feet every night before going to sleep with a moisturizing cream or essential oil. This will relax them and prevent callouses. Massage in circular movements and with a little bit of pressure.
Walk barefoot, do ankle rotations, and walk on tiptoes around your house. In this way, you will strengthen your feet. You can even a roll a ball underneath them to massage and improve your sole’s circulation.
5. Prevent fungus
After showering, dry your feet well between your toes so that fungus doesn’t form. If you sweat a lot, use talcum powder.
6. Get comfy
Use cushioned insoles and don’t wear very tight shoes everyday. Wearing heels isn’t the best alternative either.
7. Don’t forget about your nails
Cut your nails horizontally to prevent them from becoming ingrown or deformed, weak, or growing normally. If you go to a beauty salon for a pedicure, make sure the tools they use are high quality and aren’t rusty because they can cause infections.
Reflexology is one of your options if you like alternative medicine. It stimulates your body’s defenses and helps get rid of toxic substances. It consists of pressing certain points, which are connected to your nervous system, on the soles of your feet.
Remedies for perfect feet
In addition to the aforementioned tricks, these remedies are great for showing off your beautiful perfect feet all year round:
- Exfoliate your feet with a special cream. Just take whatever lotion you use and add two tablespoons of sugar. Massage your heels with this preparation. The friction will eliminate dead cells.
- Bananas have curative powers for your feet. Just beat two bananas in a blender until you get a paste. Put it on your heels after showering. Leave it on for 10 minutes and remove it with warm water. Repeat this process once a week.
- Vegetable oil: You may not like the feeling at first, but you should keep in mind that it’s very effective for dry or cracked feet. Once you wash and dry them well, put your feet in a bowl with hydrogenated oil. Wear thick socks all night. Remove dead cells. You can do it three times a week.
- Lemon juice and vaseline amazing remedies for dry and cracked feet. After washing them, put this mixture on.
- Mix two handfuls of salt with three tablespoons of avocado oil and two drops of mint oil. Massage this on your feet for three minutes and then put them in warm water to completely remove it. Besides getting rid of callouses, you will prevent bad odor.
Images courtesy of Pacdog, Derek Gavey, Aussiegall, Tobias Lindman, Courtney Rhodes.