Home Remedies with Olive Oil
Find out about the amazing benefits of what some people call "liquid gold". Here is a list of some of the most popular home remedies with olive oil.
Olive oil, also known as “liquid gold”, is a great ingredient that has been used by humans for natural medicine for centuries. It’s so incredibly beneficial for your health that there are many remedies with olive oil. Its abundance of healthy vegetable fats make it ideal for Mediterranean diets, but you can use it in your everyday life.
Besides including it in your diet, you can make some home remedies with olive oil. We will tell you about these remedies below so that you are aware of them. Find out about the amazing benefits of this “liquid gold” that the amazing mother nature offers you.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil
To get the most from olive oil, you should consume 40 grams a day (3 tablespoons). Here are some of its most important benefits:
- Reduces your blood cholesterol level. Thanks to the mono unsaturated fatty acids, it reduces LDL in your body while increasing good cholesterol, HDL, and balances the two.
- Reduces your risk for cardiovascular diseases and Atherosclerosis.
- Reduces hypertension thanks to its polyphenols and oleic acid.
- Improves digestion by defending your stomach from excess stomach acid.
- Improves your body’s pH levels.
- Allows for absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Prevents constipation.
- Improves nutrient digestion: olive oil can stimulate bile secretion by the gallbladder, thus helping you avoid slow or difficult digestion due to fats.
- Improves cognitive functions thanks to its polyphenols and monounsaturated fats.
- Anti-inflammatory, similar to ibuprofen.
- Olive oil is recommended for easing the symptoms of menopause.
- It’s a great antioxidant, and can help slow the ageing process.
- Olive oil makes you feel full. It’s frequently included in diets.
- It makes your skin more elastic, and it improves the appearance of your hair, nails and eyelashes.
You Might Also Like:
Remedies with Olive Oil
We recommend taking 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the morning on an empty stomach. If you wish, you can improve the flavor with a few drops of lemon juice. If you have more serious constipation, you can make a mixture of olive oil (1 teaspoon) and warm water (another teaspoon), and apply it as an enema.
To reduce the severity of earaches, put a small drop of warm olive oil in each ear and cover it with a cotton ball.
3. Hair Loss
Olive oil relaxes your hair follicles and increases blood flow to the area. That means that it can help to slow the pace of hair loss. In order to use it for this purpose, massage your scalp with olive oil and cover it with a towel afterwards for a couple hours. Then rinse with water and shampoo.
4. Rheumatism and Sprains
As we mentioned earlier, olive oil has very similar properties to those of ibuprofen. If you massage yourself with one or two tablespoons of it, you may be able to reduce your pain from such conditions. Pour it on the bothersome area and give yourself a massage for about minutes so it gets absorbed well.
It can be helpful to reduce the pain caused by burns if you apply a tablespoon of olive oil to the affected area. However, don’t apply it right after you get burned because you have to let the burn breath for a few minutes first. What oil does in this case is hydrate your skin and relive pain.
6. Stretch Marks
It is very common to have stretch marks on your muscles, abdomen, or breasts. To reduce their appearance, you can use one of the remedies with olive oil. To do this, mix a tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of wheat germ. Apply this to your skin and gently massage. The hydration will improve their appearance, but you have to do it every day and be consistent.
Thanks to the antioxidant properties of olive oil, you have a perfect ally for acne problems. You should include it in your diet because it will also keep your skin moisturized. Prepare a special toner with 10 drops of essential lavender oil with a quarter of a liter of olive oil. Massage your face daily.
8. Remove Ear Wax
To remove ear wax, drop two drops of olive oil in your ear when you go to bed. Then cover it with a cotton ball. The next day, put a little bit of hot water in your ear with the help of a syringe, for example.
Also Read: Remove Earwax Naturally
It may be surprising, but some people say that home remedies with olive oil for gallstones can help. Take a tablespoon of olive oil in the morning and mix it with a few drops of lemon. It requires consistency but you may notice improvement in the symptoms of your gallstones if you do it.
10. Smooth Wrinkles
Thanks to its antioxidant powers and its great moisturizing effect, it can be beneficial for your skin. You can smooth wrinkles if you massage your face every night with a tablespoon of olive oil and two drops of lemon. Your skin will look brighter and younger. Give it a try.