Home Remedies with Olive Oil
Olive oil, also known as “liquid gold”, is a great ingredient that has been used by humans for natural medicine for centuries. It is incredibly beneficial for your health. It has such great, healthy vegetable fats for mediterranean diets that you can’t not use it in your everyday life.
Besides including it in your diet, olive oil has great constituents for many aches and pains in your day-to-day life. We will tell you about these remedies below so that you are aware of them. Find out about the amazing benefits of this “liquid gold” that the ever amazing mother nature offers you.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil
To benefit from olive oil, you should consume 40 grams a day (3 tablespoons).
- Reduces your blood cholesterol level. Thanks to the mono unsaturated fatty acids, it reduces LDL in your body while increase good cholesterol, HDL, and balancing them.
- Improves cardiovascular diseases and Atherosclerosis.
- Reduces hypertension thanks to its polyphenols and oleic acid.
- Improves digestion by acting as a protector against excess stomach acid
- Improves your body’s pH levels
- Allows for absorption of calcium and magnesium
- Prevents constipation
- Improves nutrient digestion: olive oil can stimulate bile secretion by the gallbladder, thus preventing slow or difficult digestion due to fats.
- Improves cognitive functions thanks to its polyphenols and mono unsaturated fats
- Anti-inflammatory, similar to ibuprofen
- Olive oil is recommended for menopause
- A great antioxidant, it reduces aging
- It makes you feel satisfied. It is highly recommended for dieting
- It makes your skin more elastic, repairs hair, nourishes nails and eyelashes
Remedies with Olive Oil
We recommend taking 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the morning on an empty stomach. If you wish, you can improve the flavor with a few drops of lemon juice. If you have more serious constipation, you can make a mixture of olive oil (1 teaspoon) and warm water (another teaspoon), and apply it as an enema.
To get rid of them, put a small drop of warm olive oil in each ear and cover it with a cotton ball.
3. Hair Loss
Olive oil makes your hair follicles relax and increases blood flow to the area. In order to do this, massage your scalp with olive oil and cover it with a towel afterwards for a couple hours. After, rinse with water and shampoo.
4. Rheumatism and Sprains
As we mentioned earlier, olive oil has very similar properties to those of ibuprofen. It is very beneficial to massage yourself with one or two tablespoons. Pour it on the bothersome area and give yourself a massage for about minutes so it gets absorbed well. You will feel the relief.
To improve and cure a burn, it is very beneficial to apply a tablespoon of olive oil. However, don’t apply it right after you get burned because you have to let the burn breath for a few minutes first. What oil does is hydrate your skin and relive pain.
6. Stretch Marks
It is very common to have stretch marks on your muscles, abdomen, or breasts. To lessen them, you can mix a tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of wheat germ. Apply this to your skin and gently massage. The hydration will improve them, but you have to do it everyday and be consistent.
Thanks to the antioxidant properties of olive oil, you have a perfect ally for fixing acne problems. You should include it in your diet because it will also keep your skin clean and moisturized. Prepare a special toner with 10 drops of essential lavender oil with a fourth of a liter of olive oil. Massage your face daily everyday.
8. Remove Ear Wax
To remove ear wax, drop two drops of olive oil in your ear when you go to bed. Then cover it with a cotton ball. The next day, put a little bit of hot water in your ear with the help of a syringe, for example. As a result, earwax will be removed painlessly.
It may be surprised, but a very common and effective remedy to get rid of gallstones is to take a tablespoon of olive oil in the morning, mixed with a few drops of lemon. It requires consistency but little by little gallstones will go away.
10. Smooth Wrinkles
Thanks to its antioxidant powers and its great moisturizing effect, it is very beneficial for your skin. You can smooth wrinkles if you massage your face every night with a tablespoon of olive oil and two drops of lemon. Your skin will be brighter and younger. Don’t hesitate to try it.