Healthy Green Apple Gelatin with Chia Seeds
Do you ever feel like snacking between meals? What if you could snack on something really delicious and healthy? That’s what we’re proposing today with this flavorful recipe for healthy green apple gelatin with chia seeds.
Don’t miss out!
Healthy green apple gelatin with chia seeds
The recipe we have for you today is light and nutritional. In it, we’ll combine the flavor and freshness of gelatin with the benefits of green apples and chia seeds. You’re going to love it!
We recommend you eat gelatin to strengthen your bones and cartilage. In fact, although it might be hard to believe, gelatin is an animal product, made with collagen from farm animals.
It’s also a very healthy and nutritious food that provides protein with minimal fat and calories. In fact, 90% of it is protein. On the other hand, it also provides amino acids, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous, which helps it strengthen your bones and regenerate cartilage.
In addition to protein, gelatin is full of collagen, which means it promotes healing and good skin health.
You should read: Five Reasons to Include Gelatin in Your Diet
Surely you know the old saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. That is what popular tradition has to tell us about these healthy fruits. However, science also agrees!
In effect, green apples are full of antioxidants, especially flavonoids. Additionally, they help weight loss thanks to the malic acid, and they help to regulate blood glucose levels. On the other hand, since they’re high in potassium, they also promote cardiovascular health.
Meanwhile, chia seeds also provide numerous benefits. They’re a considerable source of the fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, in addition to having vitamins and antioxidants.
Among the benefits of eating chia seeds, we’d like to highlight that they:
- Make you feel more full, which makes them ideal for weight loss programs.
- Help to regulate your blood sugar levels.
- Help to regulate your electrolyte levels and keep you hydrated.
You might be interested in: Five Delicious Ways to Enjoy the Benefits of Chia Seeds
Healthy green apple and chia gelatin recipe
Ingredients for green apple gelatin
- Light, powdered, apple-flavored gelatin
- One liter of water (or the amount noted on the powdered gelatin package)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 2 green apples
- First, make the gelatin according to the instructions. Generally, this just means adding the powdered gelatin to boiling water and boiling it for a few minutes.
- Next, pour half of the liquid in gelatin molds or any other silicon mold of your preferred size.
- Then, put the molds with half the gelatin into the refrigerator so they set. This could take some time.
- Meanwhile, wash the apples well, peel them, and cut them in thin slices.
- Later, when the gelatin has set, insert the apple slices into the gelatin and sprinkle the chia seeds on top.
- After that, cover it with the rest of the gelatin you kept out of the fridge, and refrigerate again until all the gelatin sets.
- Once it sets, enjoy!
Simple, right? In addition to being easy, it’s a delicious and healthy recipe we recommend for any occasion.