Get Rid of Headaches with These 5 Natural Remedies
Headaches are probably one of the illnesses that are most difficult to handle in your everyday life. Several times during the year, you may be stricken by a headache that becomes an obstacle in your daily routine. However, there are homemade remedies that may help you deal with discomfort and get rid of headaches.
In this article, we’ll take a look at five of them.
Why do We Get Headaches?
A headache is one of the most common health issues. It comes from inflammation in the internal part of the skull, which in most cases is caused by an excess of stress or lack of sleep.
In other cases, they are caused by vascular system disorders. The dilation of the blood vessels produces internal pressure that then turns into those annoying headaches.
There are many different types of this type of discomfort, from simple headaches to more complex migraines in which pain can be prolonged or pulsating and other symptoms may follow along with it such as sensitivity to light, in the most serious cases.
However, on a day-to-day basis, they may appear to be minor aches due to factors such as stress, pollution, or certain habits. Therefore, there are some effective remedies that can help get rid of headaches.
How to Relieve a Headache
The different treatments for headaches are directly proportional to the intensity of pain. However, when the discomfort doesn’t decrease with natural pain killers or drugs, it’s best to go to the doctor.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that home remedies may be enough for mild headaches. Take a look at these five remedies:
1. Hot water bath
Taking a bath is always a helpful strategy to get rid of tension. Due to the fact that a headache can be caused by excessive stress, this may be enough to get rid of it.
Also, if you use natural oils – aromatherapy – they may be effective to get rid of a headache and other types of problems.
- 1 tub of warm water
- 50 grams of aromatic salts
- Fill the tub with warm water and add the aromatic salts.
- Immerse yourself in it and rest for 30 minutes.
Read this article, too: 5 Essential Oils to Eliminate Onychomycosis
2. Chamomile infusion
This infusion is soothing and anti-inflammatory.
Chamomile tea seems to be an effective remedy for almost anything. It’s famous for its properties that relieve stomach pain, and it’s very effective for getting rid of a headache.
- 30 g of chamomile
- 500 ml of water
- Sugar to taste
- Heat the water until it reaches a boil.
- Add the chamomile and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Strain and serve in a cup to add sugar to taste.
3. Head Massage
A head massage allows you to release muscle tension and calm the stimulation of blood vessels.
Doing a head massage to relieve tension is one of the most effective alternatives for getting rid of headaches. Pressing certain points on the skull’s surface can get discomfort to disappear, especially if the massage is done with lavender oil.
- 5 generic drops of oil (olive oil or coconut oil work, for example)
- 5 ml of lavender essential oil
- Massage softly and continuously. This must be done in circular motions on the temples, forehead, eyebrows, cheekbones and the crown of the head.
- Change this movement by exerting pressure on these points and taking turns with soothing movements.
4. Apple cider vinegar
Among the many benefits of apple cider vinegar, it can help calm tension, which is good for getting rid of headaches.
Even though this remedy may be a bit unpleasant, it’s one that can produce a more immediate impact. Eating small servings of apple cider vinegar can quickly relieve your headache.
- 200 ml of water
- 10 ml of apple cider vinegar
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in at least three glasses of water during the day.
- Ensure that the water is at room temperature, because the water that’s too cold could produce more tension in the head.
Check out this article, too: Reduce Cholesterol and Blood Sugar With Apple Cider Vinegar
5. Watermelon poultice
Watermelon and any cool source can be used to get rid of headaches that are caused by heat.
In many cases, headaches are associated with high body temperatures that are caused by heat. In this case, it’s advisable to refresh your head with a watermelon poultice.
- ¼ of watermelon
- Remove the peel.
- Remove all seeds.
- Chop into thin layers and place in the refrigerator.
- Apply them on your forehead, cheekbones, and temples for about 20 minutes.
Pressure in your head is not something that should cause you too much pain. In most cases, it’s no more than a consequence of living in a demanding, fast-paced society. However, this disorder in excess should be something of concern.
If a headache exceeds 48 hours and it does not disappear with the previously mentioned techniques, then you should go to the doctor. However, these natural remedies will still be of great help if you ever get a mild headache.