Kidney Stones: Lemon, Olive Oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar Remedies
Kidney stones can be extremely painful. Find out how to prevent and treat them using olive oil, lemon, and apple cider vinegar.
In addition to the remedies for kidney stones we’ll go over today, it’s very important to be well-hydrated well in order to flush out and detoxify your kidneys.
Kidney stones can produce intense pain in the lower back and belly and are caused by high levels of calcium oxalate and phosphorus. However, nature provides things such as acetic acid, found in lemon, which has an alkalizing effect and counteracts the acids that create kidney stones.
So today, you can read about these homemade remedies for kidney stones that use lemon and other powerful ingredients from nature.
What exactly causes kidney stones?
Mineral buildups in the kidney and bladder are what causes kidney stones to form. Usually, the minerals crystallize only a little bit and can be removed from your body via urine. However, when they get too big, they can’t be removed like that.
As a result, they stay there in your kidneys and urinary tract and cause a lot of pain. Reasons for the buildup are: not drinking enough water, consuming too much sugar or salt, or being overweight. Also, There are genetic factors that come into play too.
In addition, there are different types of kidney stones:
- Calcium oxalate: the most common. They form when oxalate combines with calcium due to excessive consumption of fried food, beets, or chocolate.
- Uric acid: common in men. They are caused by an excess amount of uric acid, usually from eating too much red meat or seafood.
- Struvite: common in women and caused by a kidney infection.
- Cystine: uncommon and caused by a genetic disorder.
Lemons versus kidney stones
Lemons contain citric acid, which affects your body’s natural pH, reducing the acidity of your urine and lowering your risk of getting kidney stones (of the calcium oxalate type). Therefore, vitamin C in lemons helps protect your body.
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (60 ml)
- 8 cups of water (2 liters)
- Sweetener, to taste (honey or stevia)
- Make the lemonade by mixing the ingredients and drinking two cups daily until you see results.
- You can also add lemon juice to your meals. It’s a great way to add some flavor while also helping to break down kidney stones.
Olive oil versus kidney stones
Olive oil contains antioxidants like vitamin E, chlorophyll, and phenols. They slow down your body’s aging process, reduce the oxidation of fat tissue, and help your liver work better.
In addition, the fat in olive oil helps your body absorb vitamins A, D, and K. While there are lots of ways to consume olive oil, this mixture of olive oil with lemon is an excellent way of preventing kidney stones.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Firstly, mix the lemon juice and olive oil together.
- Then, drink the mixture, followed by a glass of water.
- It’s recommended to take the remedy three times a day for three days in a row.
Read also: 6 Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Apple cider vinegar versus kidney stones
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid. And, when you consume acetic acid, your body produces alkaline substances, which will both break down and prevent kidney stones.
Also, when you buy apple cider vinegar, make sure there is cloudy sediment at the bottom of the bottle. That’s where the enzymes are that will help with your kidney stones.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (15 or 30 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Honey (to taste)
- Firstly, add the apple cider vinegar to the water. Then, sweeten it with a bit of honey.
- Drink at least 3 times a day until our kidney stones are gone.
- It’s recommended to add apple cider vinegar to your juices or smoothies as well or as part of a homemade salad dressing.
You might also like: Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, and Honey Digestive Tonic
Lemon, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil remedy
Finally, if you want to combine all of the benefits of the above ingredients, you can put them together and create a rather powerful treatment for kidney stones. However, remember the flavor will also be stronger.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (75 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups of water (300 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- Firstly, drink the olive oil and lemon juice together, followed by a cup of water.
- Then, after a half hour, dilute 2 or 3 tablespoons of lemon juice in half a cup of water and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Consume.
- Repeat for several days until you see improvement.
It’s easy to prevent kidney stones if you eat a balanced, moderate diet. The ingredients above will strengthen your immune system and prevent kidney problems.
It’s also a good idea to add them to your food on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Lemon, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar are versatile; you won’t have any trouble including them into your diet and enjoying their many health benefits.