Calluses on Your Feet? Get Rid of Them with This 100% Natural Solution
Have you neglected your feet these last few days? Is your skin hard and dry? Then you might be facing one of the most common foot problems: calluses on your feet. Now, do you know how to combat calluses?
Generally, these appear as a hardness originated by the constant friction of the skin with the footwear. Moreover, it’s a clear sign of dehydration and lack of exfoliation.
Usually, they form in sensitive zones like the plantar area and the lower part of the big toe. Its presence is unsightly and can sometimes cause cracks and pain.
According to Dr. Kendrick Alan Whitney, in addition to pumice, there are many dermatological treatments that facilitate their removal. However, there are those who prefer to opt for natural alternatives that offer similar results.
In this opportunity we want to share an interesting treatment involving white vinegar and onion, two ingredients that help soften calluses.
Removing calluses on your feet naturally
According to popular wisdom, the mix of white vinegar and onion has properties that help soften hardened skin and remove unsightly calluses that form on your feet.
This simple mix of natural ingredients aids to clean the skin and reduce the appearance of dead skin cells and impurities. Let’s find together its benefits!
Benefits of white vinegar
Although it’s become very popular for household cleaning, white vinegar is a multipurpose product whose benefits can also be used in cosmetics and medicine.
- White vinegar has organic acids that regulate the skin’s pH, changing the environment that fungus and bacteria need in order to multiply.
- In addition, its acetic acid smooths the dermis and softens calluses that form on different parts of the feet.
- It also eliminates foul odors and reduces excess sweating.
Benefits of onions
Onions have a strong odor that many dislike. Despite this, it’s said that this smell indicates their high concentration of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which makes them one of the best natural remedies for the feet.
- Two of their most notable components are vitamin C and magnesium, two nutrients that are crucial to maintaining the skin in perfect conditions.
- Onions are also full of sulfurous compounds, which in fact stimulate cellular regeneration and reduce premature deterioration.
- Their natural juices have a hydrating effect and help eliminate yeast and bacteria that cause infections.
Recommended reading: 5 Natural Solutions to Alleviate Blisters on Your Feet
Remedy with white vinegar and onions
This remedy with white vinegar and onion can boost your feet’s appearance. In fact, it fights calluses, blisters, fungal infections, and other occasional problems. Even though the effects take a while to see compared to conventional products, its regular application yields good results.
- 1 medium onion
- ½ cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- A cotton ball
- 1 glass jar
- Plastic wrap (as needed)
- Pour white vinegar into a glass container.
- Peal the onion, slice it and place in the jar.
- Lastly, cover the mixture and let sit for 4 to 8 hours.
- Firstly, dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it over the calluses.
- Secondly, cover them completely and keep the cotton ball in place with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Thirdly, put on socks and let the remedy act overnight.
- The following morning, rinse feet with warm water and rub the callus with a pumice stone.
- Repeat for 7 or 10 days, until you notice an improvement.
To prevent calluses from worsening, it’s important to couple this remedy with the following suggestions:
- Avoid exposing your feet to hot and humid environments, as these give way to calluses and infections.
- Never use tweezers or nail cutters to remove hardened skin.
- Keep an eye on the footwear you use. They’re often the source of calluses.
- Limit your use of high heels.
- Exfoliate the skin on your feet 2 or 3 times a week.
- After a long and exhausting day, put your feet up to stimulate circulation.
Do you want your feet to look soft and healthy? Have you noticed hardened skin? Try this simple remedy for calluses and see its effects for yourself. But remember, if the discomfort persists, the best thing is to see a doctor and follow their instructions.
Finally, keep in mind that the remedies are intended for specific issues and are never to replace the treatment that the doctor prescribes.It might interest you...