Plastic Body Wrap for Weight Loss and Detoxification
Because toxins accumulate during the wrap, it can cause allergic reactions. Don't wrap the plastic too tight and to leave it on no longer than 1 hour.
Have you heard about plastic body wrap for losing weight and detoxifying?
For decades, many different tricks and techniques have been developed to help people lose weight and shape their figure. Slimming lotions, surgical procedures, juices, gels, fat-burning injections, and massages are just a few methods to help eliminate fat deposits that keep you from having the body you’ve always wanted.
In addition to the methods we just mentioned, there’s another popular method out there: a plastic body wrap to increase the body’s core temperature during exercise to improve weight loss results.
This technique is used in beauty treatment centers and many are doing this at home and still enjoying all the benefits.
Covering areas of the body with plastic body wrap increases blood flow, sweat output, and the body’s ability to eliminate toxins and other harmful substances that cause damage to the body. However, there are some side affects you should keep in mind.
There are a few different ways to use this technique and a few tricks that can give even better results. In this article, we’re going to share two effective methods that will promote weight loss, detoxify and reduce cellulitis.
Plastic Body Wrap with Honey
This method consists of making a homemade reducing cream that enhance the results of the plastic body wrap.
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- A few drops citrus essential oils
- Heat the honey in a double boiler.
- When it’s hot, add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Using a brush, apply the mixture to areas like your arms, thighs and abdomen, then cover with plastic wrap.
- Cover with a warm towel and lay down for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the plastic and wash the mixture off with warm water.
Don’t forget to read: The Benefits of Drinking Water with Honey
Clay Body Wrap
A body wrap with clay is a great way to take advantage of the benefits of clay. We recommend using blue clay, because it’s loaded with micro-elements that have a positive impact on the skin.
- Blue clay
- Hot water
- Mix just enough hot water with the blue clay to obtain a creamy texture.
- Apply to the desired areas, wrap with plastic and cover with a warm towel for an hour.
- Then, remove wrap and wash clay off with warm water.
The Benefits of These Two Wraps
While the benefits of wrapping your body in plastic wrap haven’t been scientifically proven, it is an interesting technique that some say can be quite helpful.
Plus, plastic wrap is both easy to find and cheap and it can be used on many different areas of the body.
Want to know more? Read: 5 Ways to Increase Your Metabolism
Tips and Warnings
It’s important to keep a few things in mind when using these techniques to avoid side effects. Because the plastic wrap prevents the skin from breathing, the accumulation of toxins can result in allergic reactions or skin infections.
To avoid these uncomfortable conditions, keep the following tips in mind:
- Don’t wrap the plastic too tightly in order to avoid allergic reactions.
- Use for no longer than 1 hour at a time.
- Remove immediately after.
- Before rinsing or showering, wait a few minutes for your body temperature to gradually lower. Shower water should be warm.
- To finish the treatment, dry your skin thoroughly and apply a hydrating cream.