Plastic Body Wrap: Lose Weight and Detoxify
Because toxins accumulate during the wrap, it can cause allergic reactions. Don't wrap the plastic too tight and to leave it on no longer than 1 hour.
For decades, many different tricks and techniques have been developed to help people lose weight and shape their figure. Slimming lotions, surgical procedures, juices, gels, fat-burning injections, and massages are just a few methods to help eliminate fat deposits that keep you from having the body you’ve always wanted.
In addition to the methods we just mentioned, there’s another popular method that can increase your body’s fat-burning capacity: a plastic body wrap to increase the body’s core temperature during exercise to improve weight loss results.
This technique is used in beauty treatment centers and many women are doing this at home and still enjoying all the benefits. Covering areas of the body with plastic body wrap increases blood flow, sweat output, and the body’s ability to eliminate toxins and other harmful substances that cause damage to the body.
There are a few different ways to use this technique and a few tricks that can give even better results. This time, we’re going to share two effective methods that will promote weight loss, detoxify and reduce cellulitis.
Plastic Body Wrap with Honey
This method consists of making a homemade reducing cream that enhance the results of the plastic body wrap.
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- A few drops citrus essential oils
- Heat the honey in a double boiler. When it’s hot add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Using a brush, apply the mixture to areas like the arms, thighs and abdomen, then cover with plastic wrap.
- Cover with a warm towel and lay down for an hour. After an hour, remove the plastic and wash the mixture off with warm water.
Don’t forget to read: The Benefits of Drinking Water with Honey
Clay Body Wrap
A body wrap with clay is one of the most effective ways to fight cellulitis and eliminate fat. We recommend using blue clay because it’s loaded with micro-elements that have a positive impact on the skin.
- Blue clay
- Hot water
- Mix just enough hot water with the blue clay to obtain a creamy texture.
- Apply to the desired areas, wrap with plastic and cover with a warm towel for an hour. For best results, do some physical exercise during this time.
- Use this wrap at least twice a week for noticeable results in a short amount of time. The end result will be a slimmer figure and the reduced appearance of cellulitis and stretch marks.
The Benefits of These Two Wraps
- Wrapping the body with plastic two or three times a week, especially while exercising, increases your body’s ability to lose weight and can help you lose up to 2 pounds per week, always with a proper diet and exercise.
- Plastic wrap is both easy to find and cheap.
- Can be used on many different areas of the body.
- Wraps increase sweating, which means you’re burning more calories.
- Improves skin health, fights cellulitis and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
Want to know more? Read: 5 Ways to Increase Your Metabolism
Tips and Warnings
It’s important to keep a few things in mind when using these techniques to avoid side effects. Because the plastic wrap prevents the skin from breathing, the accumulation of toxins can result in allergic reactions or skin infections.
To avoid these uncomfortable conditions, keep the following tips in mind:
- Don’t wrap the plastic too tightly in order to avoid allergic reactions.
- Use for no longer than 1 hour at a time.
- Remove immediately after exercising.
- Before rinsing or showering, wait a few minutes for your body temperature to gradually lower.
- Shower water should be hot or warm.
- To finish the treatment, dry the skin thoroughly and apply a hydrating cream.