Find a Fantastic Gelatin Facial Mask
If you have wrinkles or you feel like your skin is dry and tight, you might not know that topically-applied gelatin can be good for you.
That’s because we usually talk a lot about the other benefits of gelatin for your health. For example, it’s low in fat and high in protein, a healthy and delicious option that’s easy to add to your diet.
If you want to learn about a new use for gelatin, check out this article! We’re sure that the information will surprise you and be useful in your day to day life. Are you ready to learn about it?
Benefits of gelatin for the skin and hairgelatin is especially valued for its high collagen content
A study from the University of Granada (Spain) found that as you age, you produce less and less collagen and you have to make up the deficit from the food you eat. Collagen is one of the most important proteins in the body, essential for maintaining good overall health as well as strong bones, skin, nail, and hair.
See also: The incredible powers of gelatin
How to avoid losing collagen
Something as simple as leading a healthy lifestyle can help you not to lose your collagen levels so quickly. If you start adding foods that are high in collagen, it can help compensate for this deficit.
Certain factors like stress, tobacco use, exposure to too much sunlight, and a poor diet can accelerate this almost irretrievable loss of collagen in the body.
Using gelatin every day as a nutritional supplement will strengthen your skin and hair, restoring elasticity, health, and beauty. Check out how you can take advantage of its properties with these easy face masks.
Gelatin facial masks to fight aging
Milk and gelatin
This gelatin and milk facial mask is nutritious and a powerful way to balance your skin’s pH and restore the elasticity that you lose over time.
- 20 g of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup of milk
- The first thing you need to do is warm the half cup of milk. In a separate mixing bowl, add the 20 grams of unflavored gelatin and dissolve it with a few tablespoons of cold milk, stirring until there are no lumps remaining.
- Now add the warm milk, and apply the mixture to your face while still warm using a facial brush or cotton pad. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Avocado and gelatin facial mask
A gelatin and avocado mask can be helpful for problematic skin. Check out how to make it!
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 20 g of unflavored gelatin
- For this gelatin facial mask, the first thing to do is to mash half of an avocado in a bowl using a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the cup of water and add the plain gelatin, stirring well. Mix all the ingredients in a blender until they are as smooth as possible.
- Pour this cream into a bowl and apply it to your face using a brush. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse.
Lemon and gelatin facial mask to clear up blemishes and restore elasticityIt’s easy to make and a study from the Sunandan Divatia School of Science (India) found that it can be highly effective for reducing age spots, sun spots, or any residual marks from acne.
Follow these steps:
- 15 g of unflavored gelatin
- 50 ml of water
- 25 ml of lemon juice
- 15 g of honey
- Just like the previous recipe, the first thing you need to do is to heat the 50 ml of water. Add the gelatin, and stir it well until no lumps remain.
- As you will see, this is a very small amount for a mask, but it will help you apply it more consistently and easily.
- Once you have a smooth mixture of water and gelatin, add the 25 ml of lemon juice and a generous tablespoon of honey. Stir well.
- Apply this mask to your clean face three times a week and at night, just before going to bed. Use a brush or cotton pad and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Find out: Home remedy for acne
The ingredients in this mask will continue to act overnight and fight those stubborn spots while giving your face the dose of collagen that it needs.
Are you ready to try these wonderful gelatin-based masks? If you want to improve your skin, don’t hesitate!