How to Make a Garlic Face Mask to Detox and Rejuvenate Your Skin
Every day, your skin is exposed to a wide variety of factors that can cause blemishes and accelerate the aging process. The impact of the sun’s rays, environmental toxins, and poor nutrition are just a few of the factors that influence its premature deterioration.
The most worrying thing is that, without you even noticing, various types of waste accumulate on the surface of your skin. Over time, it prevents the dermis from being able to breathe properly.
Fortunately, there are low-cost natural remedies that offer multiple benefits. One such option is garlic, a highly nutritious ingredient with which you can make a face mask.
Garlic face mask to detox and rejuvenate your skin
You might also like to read: Aloe Vera Masks for All Skin Types
This garlic face mask is a completely natural tried and tested treatment to promote cellular regeneration of the skin. Although garlic is more commonly used for gastronomic and medicinal uses, many studies have proven that it also has great cosmetic benefits.
- This is due to its high content of antioxidants and moisturizing compounds, among which is the active ingredient, allicin.
- Garlic has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic effects that, after being absorbed into the skin, control the symptoms of allergies and the growth of fungi and bacteria
- This, coupled with its high concentration of vitamins and minerals, provides a protective barrier against the attacks caused by the sun and other environmental agents.
Its healing and repairing agents stimulate the elimination of imperfections such as blemishes and scars, and also reduce the risk of premature wrinkles. Its antibacterial compounds minimize acne and facilitate the cleaning of pores to remove blackheads.
Furthermore, it has exfoliating and lightening properties that quickly remove dead cells and hyper-pigmentation. Among other things, using a garlic mask is healthy because it:
- Relieves the symptoms of dermatitis.
- Keeps the skin looking young and reduces the risk of skin cancer.
- Regulates the pH of the skin.
- Controls excess oil production and moisturizes dry skin.
- Accelerates the recovery of burns, ulcers, and eczema and prevents the proliferation of fungal infections.
- Improves skin blood circulation to increase the oxygenation of the skin’s tissues
How to prepare a garlic face mask
This natural garlic face mask is made with ingredients that are suitable for all skin types. Applying it reduces excess oil production. In addition, since it regulates the activity of the sebaceous glands, it also controls dryness.
Regularly using it keeps the face free of dead skin cells and leaves it smoother, cleaner, and more hydrated.
You might also like to read: 5 Great Face Masks for Radiant Skin
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 2 tablespoons of white clay (20 grams).
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 grams).
- Rose water (as much as you need to mix).
- Put the garlic cloves in a mortar and crush them until you get a thick paste.
- Put the garlic in a bowl and mix it with the white clay and honey.
- Moisten the ingredients with a little rose water to make a creamy paste.
How to apply it
- At night time, just after removing your makeup, tie up your hair, and cover your face with a thin layer of the mixture.
- Be careful when applying it to the area around your eyes, because active garlic compounds can be quite irritating.
- If you like, apply the product on your neck and décolloté to allow these areas to also benefit.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes then rinse off with cold water.
- Apply a little moisturizer to your face.
- Use it 2 or 3 times a week for the best results.
Other garlic face masks
1. Garlic and flour
In this case, use cooked garlic and mix with flour for a smooth exfoliating effect.
- 1 cup of water.
- 5 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
Method and application
- Boil the garlic in the water for 10 minutes. Blend and strain.
- Continue to cook the garlic with the flour on low heat. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the honey.
- Apply the mask in the same way as before and leave for between 20 and 30 minutes.
2. Oil and grated garlic
This mask has fewer ingredients but is just as effective as the others.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Method and application
- Grate the garlic cloves and mix with the oil to form a smooth paste.
- Apply to clean skin and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- You can also use other oils such as jojoba, argan, or almond.
More information about garlic face masks
Natural ingredients offer many nutrients and positive properties for the skin. However, that doesn’t mean they don’t sometimes cause adverse reactions. In the case of garlic, it can cause hives, dermatitis, rhinitis, allergic asthma, or pemphigus (an immune-type reaction).
For this reason, it’s best to first test its use on a small area before applying it to the face or larger areas. It’s also preferable to use raw garlic together with other softening ingredients to avoid any possible irritating effects.
If you have sensitive skin, you should consult a dermatologist before using this mask.
It should also be borne in mind that if you’re using it to treat specific problems (such as acne or infections), you should first consult with a specialist so they can properly assess the situation and decide whether it’s suitable for you to use. These masks don’t replace dermatological treatments.
In fact, although their use can be beneficial, it must be taken into account that they’re not effective by themselves. You should also consider other measures to prevent skin aging:
- Apply sunscreen every day and sunbathe in moderation.
- Adopt a healthy diet that contains plenty of fruits and vegetables. Also, limit excess sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Avoid harmful habits such as smoking and alcohol intake.
- Daily physical exercise activates circulation and supports your immune system. This can affect the appearance of your skin, making it look healthier and younger.
- Cleanse your face once or twice a day, especially after sweating a lot. Rub gently to avoid irritation.
- Apply moisturizing products suitable for your skin type on a daily basis.
Try garlic for rejuvenating your skin
As you can see, garlic is an ingredient with many health benefits for the skin. Prepare this simple mask and you’ll be able to look after your face without having to spend a fortune.It might interest you...