Now that the heat of summertime has arrived, a lot of people worry about going to the beach or the pool because their body doesn’t look as good as they’d like. To get there, it’s important to have a year-round diet and remember to eat foods that help burn fat in “strategic” places like the abdomen. Find out what the best “fat burning” foods are for the abdominal area in the following article.
What Are the Most Recommended Foods for Burning Belly Fat?
When thinking about the right diet to help reduce belly fat, the first thing that comes to our minds is that we have to adhere to a strict regimen, starving ourselves for hours between meals – but this will only make you feel worse, and you’ll also fail to achieve the desired results.
It doesn’t have to be this way – if we maintain a healthy diet all year long, the benefits really show by summertime. So there’s no need to “suffer.” Instead, you just get to enjoy it. Some foods that can help reduce belly fat are:
- Greek yogurt: this a great dietary alternative for losing weight because it has twice the protein content of regular yogurt. Protein is good because the body needs to work twice as hard to digest it, burning a lot more calories in the process. In turn, this helps minimize muscle loss through the burning of fat.
- Quinoa: quinoa is a great help in the difficult process of losing belly fat. This grain contains five grams of fiber per cup, and is also considered a “superfood” due to its high protein content. Quinoa is high in iron, selenium, zinc, and vitamin E, which is an antioxidant, and it can be combined with vegetables, lean meats, and nuts.
- Cinnamon: this spice is used to reduce the appetite and add more flavor to teas and desserts. Some studies have shown that mixing ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in with your food makes the metabolism of sugar in the bloodstream up to 20 times faster.
- Peppers: Also known as “chilies,” such as cayenne and red peppers, these are ideal for promoting weight loss. The reason is that they contain high amounts of vitamin C, even more than lemons and oranges. They are also antioxidants that speed up the metabolism and help burn fat more quickly. They also contain capsaicin, which lowers lipid levels and stimulates the “removal” of fat cells.
- Green tea: the beneficial properties of green tea for the body are well known – among them is its effectiveness in controlling weight gain, even with diets that are high in fat. If you drink green tea once a day, it lowers the body’s absorption of fats from food and in turn stimulates the burning of accumulated fat, particularly in the abdomen.
- Grapefruit: this fruit is low in carbohydrates and is 90% water. It also supports a healthy diet because its citric acid has slimming powers. It’s recommended to eat grapefruit on an empty stomach in the morning, and is also good for people who have anemia. It helps regulate cholesterol levels and cure colds and the flu. Be sure to add it to salads, juices, and smoothies.
- Watermelon: watermelon is almost entirely made of water, which helps it take up more space in the stomach and intestines. This creates a feeling of fullness and prevents overeating. It can also be used to eliminate food cravings. Watermelon has many nutrients and is low in calories. Enjoy summer watermelon not only as a dessert, but also between meals.
- Pears and apples: both of these fruits have similar properties – they have a high water content and are rich in pectin, which is used to detox the body and lower levels of bad cholesterol, among other benefits. Pears contain calcium, potassium, iron, and a small amount of sodium. Meanwhile, apples are a powerful diuretic, delivering fiber and multiple amino acids.
- Grapes: along with raisins, grapes are a good detoxyifying food, perfect for eating during a diet. Among their key benefits is the presence of vitamin B and potassium, which help control cholesterol. They also help cleanse the body in a detox therapy.
- Raw vegetables: green leafy vegetables, celery, carrots, leeks, and tomatoes help satisfy our cravings for food and also provide plenty of water with few calories. Try to eat them raw at least once a day, as this will preserve vitamins, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants – all of which can be lost during the cooking process.
- Coffee bean extract: the extract from coffee beans helps you lose weight because it alters the metabolism of food. This is due to the presence of an element that prevents the body from absorbing calories derived from fats and carbohydrates.
- Eggs: eating two eggs for breakfast each day can help you lose several pounds. In turn, you’ll feel satisfied and avoid snacking between meals, giving you more energy by mid-day.
- Oats: oats are rich in complex carbohydrates, protein, and fiber, and have a low glycemic index. They also contain unsaturated fats, potassium, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, which are essential nutrients for muscle growth.
- Whole grain cereals: for adequate nutrition without adding calories, you should include whole grains in your daily diet. They provide fiber, zinc, vitamin E, magnesium, and vitamin B6. These compounds help prevent disease, and can also help burn abdominal fat. You can find whole grains in breads, pizza, pasta, desserts, and more.