Foods that Fight Inflammation and Belly Fat
Inflammation and belly fat are related. According to a report recently published by Mayo Clinic, it is common for your metabolism to slow down over the years. This means that you will not burn calories in the same way as before. This translates to you not burning calories in the same way as before, and then there are the hormonal changes that boost inflammation. Consequently, it become harder to fight inflammation and belly fat.
How can you avoid it? When you notice your metabolism changing and you tend to accumulate that annoying belly fat, it’s time to change your habits and even those essential foods in your diet. What will you do to fight inflammation and belly fat?
Fighting Inflammation and Belly Fat: Is It Possible?
Doctors and nutritionists always agree on a few truths that you should keep in mind:
- Your body and metabolism change over time. It is common, for example, for a food that didn’t bother you before to start giving you problems. That proves that it is very important to be aware of what makes you feel good and what doesn’t. Observe what foods tend to cause inflammation or provoke fluid retention, for example. No single body is the same nor do the same techniques work for everyone.
- There are foods that increase inflammation and belly fat. You should start to restrict them today: salt, sugar, and lactose. We don’t need to say that it is also essential to control the fats that you eat everyday. You should always go for fresh foods before frozen or industrial foods.
- You should always be conscious that hormonal changes also tend to cause inflammation and boost fluid retention. It is therefore essential to take care of your body and avoid unhealthy habits. For instance, tobacco, a sedentary lifestyle, or even those situations that cause you anxiety and stress.
- Managing your emotions, exercising, and improving your dietary habits are key to having a better quality of life and looking better physically. It is not that difficult and is worth the effort!
Foods to Fight Inflammation and Belly Fat
1. The Most Effective Spices
They are amazing. Spices are a simple and economic resource to include in your dishes to prevent inflammation and fight against the fat that accumulates in your belly. Besides serving as a addition in stews, rice, or salads, they are also very effective if you include them in many infusions. Take note of these:
- Cayenne pepper
A very practical idea is to start the morning with a green tea, cayenne pepper, and ginger based medicinal infusion. It can help you start up your metabolism and burn fat. Don’t forget that it is an antioxidant drink, rich in vitamins. If you sweeten it with a little bit of honey, it will taste even better.
2. The Best Fruit
There are a few fruits that can very effectively help in treating inflammation and cleansing the body. Moreover, they can prevent you from storing a few extra pounds around your abdomen. As you know, fruit always gives you multiple possibilities. You can eat them plain, as a tasty juice, or even combine them in salads. See the following:
- Green apple
Have you ever tried a spinach, pineapple, and walnut salad? It’s great for lunch! Don’t forget that it helps to make a rich strawberry and lemon juice based smoothie, for example. It is great for detoxification, regulating glucose in the blood, and burning fat. Try it.
3. Vegetables that Help You the Most
There are many vegetables that help fight inflammation. Nutritionists always recommend eating them raw. As a result, you can receive a type of enzyme that improves your digestion and helps activate the metabolism. You obviously can’t eat all vegetables raw, but another option is to steam them. See below:
4. The Importance of “Healthy Fats”
There are healthy fats that are essential for your body and health. They care for your heart, regulate bad cholesterol, and fight inflammation. So, never be scared to include a balanced of the following foods in your diet:
- Olive oil
- Walnuts and almonds
5. The Best Infusion to Get a Flat Stomach
Did you know what is the best infusion that you can drink everyday to prevent inflammation and belly fat? Salvia syrup with a little bit of lemon juice. You can find salvia in any herbal store. To make this infusion, just add 20 grams of this plant to a glass of boiling water. When you drink it, add a few drops of lemon juice and a little bit of honey. It’s delicious!
You should drink it a half an hour before lunch. Why not give it a go?