Fight Oily Skin with Rice Water Toner
Oily skin is a problem that occurs when sebaceous gland activity is disturbed. These glands are responsible for producing natural oils that maintain hydration and also create a protective barrier against toxins and other harmful environmental agents.
However, too much oil can clog the pores, causing blemishes like blackheads and acne. In addition, because your skin has an oily texture, it will start to look shiny and dirty.
Not everyone knows how to control this condition. In their quest to find better skincare products, they sometimes choose options that worsen the pH imbalance.
This is why it’s a good idea to use natural cosmetic products for oily skin. Due to their milder formulas, they can help you control this condition without causing any undesirable side effects.
In today’s article, we want to share a recipe for rice water toner that will eliminate excess oil and deeply nourish your oily skin. Are you ready to try it out?
Rice water toner for oily skin
Its multiple nutritional properties are outstanding. In addition to providing your body with energy, it also provides it with nutrition.
Although rice is mainly used in cooking, there are some alternative uses in the aesthetic realm. Actually, some cosmetic manufacturers use rice to develop certain treatments and anti-aging creams, because its properties promote skin regeneration.
While many still don’t know about its many uses as a beauty product, Eastern cultures have been using rice for centuries as an astringent and in rejuvenating treatments.
The amazing discovery of rice water
The skin benefits of rice were discovered by Japanese women who worked in the rice fields washing the rice. They noticed that their hands were much softer and more attractive-looking after handling this product. The rest is history.
Today, rice continues to be used for cosmetic purposes, as its nutrients can remarkably improve the state of your skin:
- It not only removes impurities on the surface. It also eliminates excess oil and blackheads.
- Its application regulates your skin’s natural pH and can control the symptoms of chronic problems like acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Rice also minimizes the appearance of any dark spots.
How do you make this rice water toner?
Natural rice water toner is a product that contains no added chemicals, unlike commercial options. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that repair cells to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging.
You can incorporate it into your daily beauty routine and even apply it several times a day. Its natural properties will cleanse your pores and remove the oil that makes your face look shiny.
- 5 tablespoons of organic rice (100 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 spray bottle
- 1 bowl
- Heat the cup of water to a boil, remove from heat, and pour it into the bowl.
- Add the organic rice, cover, and allow this to sit for 30 minutes.
- After that time, strain the liquid with a fine strainer.
- Pour the rice water toner into the spray bottle and then apply it.
We recommend reading: 5 Rose Water Recipes for the Face
How to apply
- Remove any makeup and wash your face with water and soap. Spray this toner on your face.
- Ensure that it’s well absorbed and leave it on without rinsing.
- Repeat this application every morning before applying any makeup and at night before bed.
- If you like, you can use it up to three or four times a day if you notice that your face is still oily.
As you can see, preparing your own toner is simple and doesn’t require the use of expensive ingredients. Although there are plenty of ways to make toners, this rice recipe will give your face an extra dose of vitamins and minerals.
Add it to your daily beauty routine and see the benefits for yourself!It might interest you...