Help Tone Skin with This Egg White and Orange Peel Treatment
Treatments with natural ingredients have become some of the favorite options out there to tone skin and care and rejuvenate the skin’s appearance.
In spite of the fact that there are many cosmetic products available out there, thousands of women are choosing to use age-old, homemade solutions because they’re considered to be very effective and less expensive.
And while these masks have lost some of their fame, they have incredible properties that may help improve the way your skin looks. The best part of them is that you don’t need to expose your skin to the chemicals in store-bought creams and lotions.
In fact, some of these can be even more effective because they have active ingredients that provide several different benefits in just one recipe.
The facial treatments listed below combine properties from egg whites and oranges peels to provide multiple effects.
Today we’d like to reveal the wonderful properties of these recipes that may help naturally tone skin at home.
Let’s take a look!
How do egg whites and orange peels benefit and tone skin?
Egg whites and orange peels create a product that’s full of antioxidants to help repair skin thus keeping it young.
Remember that citrus fruits can make skin sensitive to the sun’s rays, which is why you should set this egg white and orange mask aside for the evenings.
They contain a significant amount of proteins and moisturizing substances that help increase collagen production to firm and tone skin.
Benefits of egg whites
Eggs contain a substance known as lutein which can help retain the skin’s natural moisture and make it elastic. It provides vitamins A, B, and D, which help control the damage caused by free radicals to reduce your risk of premature signs of aging.
And if that weren’t enough, it also helps reduces pore size and reduce your risk of blackheads, acne, and other blemishes.
Benefits of orange peel
In recent years, a lot of people have been able to prove that orange peels aren’t waste to be thrown in the trash. They’ve been underestimated more than once. They’re full of vitamins C and E, two powerful antioxidants that help eradicate free radicals and oxidative damage.
Discover more here: 4 Treatments That Firm and Rejuvenate Your Skin
The citric acid helps produce collagen and regulate the body’s natural pH to control oil production.
They also contain calcium, a mineral that when applied, aids cellular activity to help keep skin healthy.
It makes a powerful exfoliant and astringent, which is useful for helping reduce blemishes, excess dead skin, and pimples.
How to prepare a facial treatment with egg whites and orange peels
This egg white and orange peel facial treatment is recommended for tired skin with signs of flaccidity. Its main active ingredients are refreshing and help the oxygenation process take place effortlessly for a complete renovation.
Read this article: 8 Foods that Improve Your Skin Health
It can be used as a skin detoxifier, but also as an exfoliant and natural astringent.
- 1 egg white
- Ice water (the necessary amount)
- 1 tablespoon of orange peels (10 grams)
- 1 clean cloth
- Set the orange peel out to dry under the sun. Then, crush it into a powder in a grinder.
- Once ready, beat the egg white and mix it in with the orange peel.
- Make sure that everything is well blended before applying.
How to apply
- Before starting, it’s important that we point out that this is a nighttime treatment. Don’t use it during the day because your skin will be sensitive to the sun.
- Keeping that in mind, clean your face to remove any superficial dirt and any make-up remnants.
- Once clean, spread the product over your face, except for the corners of your eyes and your lips.
- Massage into your face for 15 minutes.
- Moisten your skin with warm water and massage your skin in circular motions, using your fingertips.
- Then, soak the cloth in the ice water and apply to your face.
- Press the cloth into your face and hold it to your skin for one minute.
- Repeat this step three times, then rinse.
- Dry your face well and enjoy the fresh, rejuvenating feeling.
- Use once a week.
You may see results after a few applications. Thus, it’s worth incorporating this treatment into your beauty routine to see just how much it can help tone skin.It might interest you...