Remember that citrus can make skin sensitive to the sun’s rays, which is why you should set this egg white and orange mask aside for the evening.
Treatments with natural ingredients have become some of the favorite options out there for caring for and rejuvenating the appearance of skin.
In spite of an extremely ample catalogue of cosmetic products available, thousands of women are choosing to use age-old, homemade solutions because they’re considered to be very effective and less expensive.
And while these masks have lost some of their fame, they have incredible properties for improving the way your face looks, without needing to expose it to chemicals in store-bought creams and lotions.
In fact, some of these are even more effective because they have active ingredients that provide several different benefits in just one recipe.
The facial treatments listed below combine properties from egg whites and oranges peels to provide multiple effects.
Today we’d like to reveal the wonderful properties and steps to make these recipes to help naturally tone skin at home.
Let’s take a look!
How do egg whites and orange peels benefit and tone skin?
Combining egg whites and orange peels creates a product that is full of antioxidants to help repair skin, keeping it young.
They contain a significant amount of proteins and moisturizing substances that increase collagen production to firm and tone skin.
Benefits of egg whites
Eggs contain a substance known as lutein, which has the benefit of retaining the skin’s natural moisture, while making it elastic.
It provides vitamins A, B and D, which reduce the effects of free radicals to prevent signs of aging.
And if that weren’t enough, it also reduces the size of pores, along with black heads, acne, and other blemishes.
Benefits of orange peel
In recent years, a lot of people have been able to prove that orange peels are not waste to be thrown in the trash.
This peel has been underestimated more than once. It is full of vitamins C and E, two powerful antioxidants that eradicate free radicals and oxidative damage.
The citric acid helps produce collagen and regulates the body’s natural pH to control oil production.
It also contains calcium, a mineral that when applied, aids cellular activity to maintain good skin quality.
It makes a powerful exfoliant and astringent, which is useful for reducing blemishes, excess dead skin and pimples.
How to prepare a facial treatment with egg white and orange peel
This egg white and orange peel facial treatment is recommended for tired skin with signs of flaccidity.
Its main active ingredients are immediately refreshing and allow the oxygenation process to take place effortlessly for complete renovation.
It can be used as a skin detoxifier, but also as an exfoliant and natural astringent.
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. orange peel (10 grams)
- 1 clean cloth
- Ice water (the necessary amount)
- Set the orange peel out to dry under the sun. Then crush it in a grinder into powder.
- Once ready, beat the egg white and mix it in with the orange peel.
- Make sure that everything is well blended before applying.
- Before starting, it’s important that we point out that this is a nighttime treatment. It should not be used during the day because your skin will be sensitive to the sun.
- Keeping that in mind, clean your face to remove any superficial dirt and any makeup remnants.
- Once clean, spread the product over all areas of your face, except for the corners of your eyes and your lips.
- Allow to act for 15 minutes, giving yourself a massage.
- Moisten your skin with warm water and massage your skin with circular motions, using your fingertips.
- Then, soak the cloth in the ice water and apply to your face.
- Press the cloth into your face slightly and hold it to your skin for one minute.
- Repeat this step three times, then rinse.
- Dry your face well, and enjoy the fresh, rejuvenating feeling.
- Use once a week.
The majority of benefits from this treatment are seen after several applications. It is worth incorporating into your beauty routine seeing how healthy it is for your skin.