Should You Eat Garlic on an Empty Stomach?
When you eat garlic on an empty stomach, the bacteria in your body has its guard down and is weaker, making it easier to get rid of. It can also help you regulate blood circulation and improve your digestion.
Garlic is known for its unique flavor, which is a great addition to your favorite and most delicious dishes. But beyond being an excellent condiment, garlic has also become popular due to a variety of properties related to human health. Because of this, many people have started to eat garlic on an empty stomach.
Although the smell of garlic, along with garlic breath might make it hard for some people to love this food, its medicinal properties make it one of the best foods that you can eat on a daily basis to stay in good health.
There is a current debate regarding whether or not you should eat garlic on an empty stomach. Some say that it doesn’t have any effect, whereas others say it is a truly beneficial and efficient way of eating garlic to prevent numerous health problems from occurring.
Why do some people recommend eating garlic on an empty stomach?
Consuming garlic on an empty stomach makes its antibiotic properties even more powerful. This is because when you wake up in the morning, the bacteria in your body has its guard down, meaning it is unable to protect itself from the garlic’s attempts to get rid of it.
A number of research studies have discovered that consuming raw garlic on an empty stomach can help to reduce symptoms of high blood pressure. By regulating blood circulation, garlic also protects you against heart problems, while improving digestion and liver and bladder function.
Eating garlic on an empty stomach may also help stimulate digestion and improve your appetite. It is recommended for people who need to combat diarrhea, and long-term consumption of garlic may also help prevent different types of cancers.
Some experts suggest that garlic can also help combat problems such as nervousness or stress because it stimulates the secretion of serotonin, which is the hormone responsible for regulating your mood.
Other significant benefits of garlic
- Garlic is considered one of the best foods you can eat to detoxify your organism. Thanks to its properties, it can help you fight off parasites and worms, while also stimulating the elimination of toxins that may be having a negative effect on your body.
- Frequent consumption of garlic can help prevent diseases such as diabetes, typhus, depression, or heart problems, among others.
- Garlic also helps to strengthen the immune system, helping you prevent bothersome colds, the flu, coughing, phlegm and other infections in the respiratory system.
It should be noted that if you want to take advantage of all the benefits of garlic, you absolutely must consume it raw; its cooked form loses up to 90% of those properties.
Although the flavor and smell of garlic might not be your cup of tea, the benefits you will get from it are definitely worth putting up with some bad breath.
Different ways to eat garlic each day
As we said before, the best way to take advantage of all the benefits of garlic is to eat it on an empty stomach. The recommended dosage for the general population is two cloves of raw garlic per day.
- For tuberculosis: In this case, specialists recommend eating an entire head of garlic throughout the day. You can start by eating a clove or two on an empty stomach, and then eat the rest throughout the day.
- Bronchial illness: For any type of illness in your bronchial tubes, prepare a special tea with garlic as the main ingredient.
Important note: garlic is not meant to be a treatment for such diseases. It’s just way to improve your health and get the nutritional benefits from this product. It doesn’t replace actual medical treatment in any way.
- 1 liter of water.
- 200 g of garlic.
- 700 g of brown sugar.
How do I make it?
Boil the 200 grams of garlic in one liter of water, then add the 700 grams of brown sugar. Consume the resulting syrup at least three times per day.
- Phlegm or asthma:
- 40 g of garlic.
- 100 ml of 90% alcohol.
How do I make it?
Chop the 40 grams of garlic and place it in a bottle. Then, pour the 100 ml of 90% alcohol in. Put the cap on the bottle and let it set for 5 days. Then, add 15 to 30 drops of this extract to hot water and drink this remedy every day.
Other garlic uses
- You can also use garlic for external use, especially if you get bitten by an insect or a poisonous animal. Its antibiotic properties will help fight off the infection and keep mosquitoes away.
- Another way to take advantage of the power of garlic is to apply it directly to annoying warts. Its powerful properties will help to noticeably reduce the appearance of warts and keep them from spreading around your body.
- If you can’t stand the smell of garlic, you can try buying garlic pills or tablets. Another option is to look for ways to get rid of the smell of garlic after you’re done eating it.