A Cucumber Drink to Promote Weight Loss
The accumulation of abdominal fat is a problem that affects most of the world’s population, especially if you have unhealthy habits. Vegetables have great properties and are a good dietary choice for those looking to lose weight. Today we’ll be talking about a cucumber drink that can help you with this.
Tactics like consuming this cucumber drink are good for your health. It’s important to pay attention to your weight. As the years go by, fat in the abdominal area increases and becomes one of the signs of a failing metabolism.
While many people seek to reduce belly fat for aesthetic reasons, it’s also important for a healthy heart. For some people, it’s easier to ignore it. But that’s a bad idea. Not only is abdominal fat a sign of being overweight, but it also means a greater risk of suffering health issues. Some of these, such as high cholesterol, hypertension, and heart disease, can be dangerous.
In addition, physical changes in your figure can lower your self-esteem. This may lead to the development of various emotional disorders.
Fortunately, there are many ways to effectively combat weight gain. You have the power to prevent fat from accumulating even further and to reduce the amount that’s already there.
Today we have a natural cucumber drink that’s low in fat. Not only that, it can speed up your metabolism to help the body’s fat-burning activities.
Want to know what it is?
A nighttime cucumber drink that’s great for health
Some of your habits before going to bed influence your body weight. While eating large meals can cause you to gain more pounds, eating fruits and vegetables can help you lose some weight.
These foods are especially good for digestion at night. In addition, their nutrients activate key functions to burn more energy.
The drink we propose in this case is a combination of low-calorie ingredients such as:
- Aloe Vera
All of these are known for their anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Aside from helping you lose weight, these properties protect the body against diseases caused by free radicals.
Its high amounts of fiber and natural enzymes improve digestion. At the same time, these optimize the absorption of nutrients and improve bowel functions.
Also Read: Drinks to Detox Your Bowels
It has a slight laxative effect. That promotes peristaltic movements during the night to allow better bowel function.
It also helps to control night cravings. Late-night binging sessions are major obstacles for some people trying to get rid of belly fat.
Drinking this juice several times a week can help reduce fluid retention. It’s also good for reducing the severity of anxiety, and sleep disorders.
And as if that weren’t enough, it also hydrates your body. This improving the performance of your core systems and can even have a positive effect on the appearance of your skin.
How to prepare this nighttime drink
The nutritional composition of this nighttime drink is effective in helping you reduce your body fat. It also have positive effects if you’re trying to combat high cholesterol, anemia, or the weakening of the immune system.
Its effects vary from person to person. Additionally, the fat loss you experience will depend on your diet and other things you may do to control your weight.
One good step you can take is to cut out excess saturated fats and carbohydrates from your diet.
It’s also good to complement the effects of the cucumber drink with one or two liters of water per day. Instead of fatty foods, try five or six servings of fruits and vegetables and see the results.
- ½ Cucumber
- Half a cup fresh chopped parsley (22 g)
- The juice of 3 lemons
- ½ Tablespoon of grated ginger (5 g)
- ½ Cup of aloe vera gel (100 g)
- 1 Cup (250 ml) water
Preparation of the cucumber drink
- Wash the cucumber, remove its skin and cut it into several pieces.
- Put it in a blender and add the chopped parsley, ginger, and the juice of three lemons.
- Then, add the half cup of aloe vera and water.
- Blend it at maximum speed to make a smooth drink.
- Since its ingredients oxidize easily, it’s best to drink it immediately. That will allow you to enjoy the full range of their benefits.
- Don’t add sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Serve a glass of the drink and have it in the evening, just after dinner, and one or two hours before bedtime.
- In the first week, you can start with half a glass and work your way up to a whole glass.
Keep in mind that the effects of this new habit will not be immediately apparent. It’s important to reinforce it with healthy lifestyle habits as well.
Add it to your meal plan, watch your calorie intake, and adopt an exercise routine to achieve optimal results.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Ahlawat, K. S., & Khatkar, B. S. (2011). Processing, food applications and safety of aloe vera products: A review. Journal of Food Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-011-0229-z.
- Clinica Mayo. Grasa abdominal en las mujeres: cómo deshacerse de ella y cómo evitar recuperarla. Junio 2022.
- Grzanna, R., Lindmark, L., & Frondoza, C. G. (2005). Ginger—An Herbal Medicinal Product with Broad Anti-Inflammatory Actions. Journal of Medicinal Food. https://doi.org/10.1089/jmf.2005.8.125
- Harvard Health Publishing. Abdominal fat and what to do about it. Harvard Medical School.
- Kato, Y., Domoto, T., Hiramitsu, M., Katagiri, T., Sato, K., Miyake, Y., … Harada, T. (2014). Effect on Blood Pressure of Daily Lemon Ingestion and Walking. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/912684
- Madjd A, Taylor M. A, et al Effects of consuming later evening meal v. earlier evening meal on weight loss during a weight loss diet: a randomized clinical trial. British Journal of Nutrition. 126 (4): 632-640.
- Plader, W., Burza, W., & Malepszy, S. (2007). Cucumber. In Biotechnology in Agriculture and Forestry. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-36752-9_10.
- Van Gemert W, Peeters P, et al. Effect of diet with or without exercise on abdominal fat in postmenopausal women – a randomized trial -. BMC Public Health. 2019. 19: 174.