How to Detox the Pancreas Naturally
The pancreas, that tear-shaped organ located in the duodenum, is essential for your digestion and enzyme production. If it’s inflamed, it will be difficult to digest food well. This is why it’s worth knowing how to take care of it by cleansing it from time to time.
Depurative diet for the pancreas
How can this organ get inflamed or poisoned? Well, your diet is always the first factor that can make one or more of your organs fail. Also, external environmental elements can change its functionality. All of this can lead to hormonal imbalances in the pancreas and diseases like diabetes. You should detox the pancreas to keep it healthy. We’ll explain how below.
1. Say goodbye to toxins with medicinal plants
The first step to take is to start a cleanse: eliminate alcohol, tobacco, and all junk food from your diet. Of course, quitting smoking is always difficult, but it’s well worth it. You’ll get years of your life back. Also, you should reduce your consumption of flour, sugar, and sweets. All of that will make you feel better.
There are also several amazing medicinal plants that will help cleanse your pancreas:
- Ginger tea: Reduces inflammation, cleanses your body, and is a good antioxidant.
- Green tea: Start drinking a cup of green tea every day during breakfast or in the afternoons – you’ll get a great dosage of fantastic antioxidants that cleanse the pancreas.
- Licorice infusion: This is a very digestive root that boosts the production of bile.
2. Water and good juices
Doing a depurative diet for at least 10 days a month is a great idea. Start your day with a glass of lemon juice and warm water, a kiwi, and a cup of oatmeal. You’ll need to drink two liters of water a day and eat fruits and vegetables, especially during those days.
Did you know? 5 Wonderful Benefits of Lemon Juice for Our Body
Also, you should eat more leafy green vegetables, rich in vitamin B, and fruits rich in antioxidants and vitamins like papaya, oranges, and strawberries. Pineapple and papaya juices are fantastic for the health of this organ.
3. The benefits of a hot shower or bath
It may surprise you, but taking a hot shower or bath every day stimulates your digestion and improves the health of your pancreas. This stimulates and activates its functioning. So don’t hesitate to take a hot bath before going to bed. It will relax you so that you can fall asleep faster and will reactivate the functionality of the pancreas.
4. Manage your emotions better and reduce your stress levels
It may seem like a joke, but it isn’t. Keep in mind that going through periods of anxiety or stress will increase your levels of the cortisol hormone, which is very bad for your body. Negative emotions and worries change your basic functions and affect your digestion, which increases the risk of your intestines getting inflamed. All of that also makes your pancreas release enzymes into your stomach.
To keep your pancreas healthy, you should keep all of these things in mind. Try to relax, drink a lot of water, take walks, and eat well. Your pancreas will thank you for it!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Madaria, E., & Martinez, J. (2012). Páncreas y vías biliares. Unidad de Patología Pancreática. Unidad de Gastroenterología y Endoscopia Digestiva.
- Mayorga Luis. (2000). FISIOLOGIA PANCREÁTICA. In Fisiologia de la practica medica.
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. El páncreas. Recuperado el 2 de mayo de 2021. https://www.pancan.org/section_en_espanol/learn_about_pan_cancer/what_is_the_pancreas.php#:~:text=Las%20dos%20hormonas%20pancre%C3%A1ticas%20principales,que%20el%20glucag%C3%B3n%20lo%20aumenta.
- National Institutes of Health. El poder del páncreas. (2017). Recuperado el 2 de mayo. https://salud.nih.gov/articulo/el-poder-del-pancreas/
- Cleveland Clinic. The Best (and Worst) Foods for Pancreatitis Pain. (2020). Recuperado el 2 de mayo de 2021. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/best-and-worst-foods-for-pancreatitis-pain/
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. Friday Fix: Here’s the Truth About Cleanses. (2017). Recuperado el 2 de mayo de 2021. https://www.pancan.org/news/friday-fix-heres-truth-cleanses/