Cinnamon: A Home Remedy for Controlling Diabetes Naturally
Even though this isn't a miracle treatment, cinnamon can be a great addition to your medical treatment when you're trying to treat diabetes. Try it!
Cinnamon is a spice that has many health properties. Among them, its ability to control diabetes naturally over time stands out.
However, for this treatment to be effective, you need to follow the steps indicated in this article. At the same time, you should talk with your doctor if you have any doubts.
Discover this home remedy made with cinnamon for controlling diabetes in a few weeks.
Can you control diabetes?
According to what doctors say, there isn’t a cure for this diseases that affects your blood sugar levels.
However, they also confirm that you can see an improvement and better control. This happens if you keep three factors in mind:
- A strict diet
- Regular exercise
- Proper medication or supplements
It’s been shown that the largest improvements happen for patients that have type 2 diabetes.
The benefits of cinnamon
Cinnamon is a spice with a sweet, aromatic flavor. It’ s great for going with any kind of dish. However, it’s normally used in sweets like pastries, pies, and cookies.
Cinnamon has many health benefits:
- Increases your circulation and prevents blood clots.
- Relieves menstrual pains.
- Increases your libido.
- Speeds up your metabolism and encourages weight loss.
- Prevents the appearance of varicose veins.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- It’s an antibacterial and antifungal ingredient.
- Stimulates your digestive system
- Regulates your body’s fats.
What kind of cinnamon?
There are different kinds of cinnamon. However, the sweetest and medicinal kind is Ceylan (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum). This is what we’re going to use for this remedy.
It’s originally from the south of India and Sri Lanka
Cinnamon that we find easily and is cheap is Chinese or Cassia cinnamon. But, it this kind has a worse quality.
Sweeten it with stevia
To sweeten this remedy, we’re going to use stevia. This is a plant that comes from Paraguay. It gives a greater natural sweetness than sugar. And, it also helps you o regulate your blood sugar levels.
Also, it has other health benefits.
- Better digestion
- Great for weight loss diets. This is because it has 0 calories.
- Has a light ability to reduce your blood pressure.
- Reduces your anxiety levels.
- Fights the appearance of mold.
- Encourages the removal of liquids from your body.
- Strengthens your defenses.
- Helps to fight cavities.
- Prevents constipation.
- Encourages healing of your wounds.
What kind of stevia should you use?
You can find pure or refined stevia in different forms (powdered, liquid, in tablets, etc.)
To benefit from its medicinal properties, you need to use pure stevia, either the leaf or extract. It has a dark color and a flavor similar to licorice.
To cook with it or sweeten deserts, you can use refined stevia. This has a more subdued taste, though it isn’t medicinal. It also doesn’t have the harmful effects of sugar or other artificial sweeteners.
Natural home remedy
Every day, we need the following ingredients to make this treatment.
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Ceylan cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of dry stevia leaves
- 1 quart of water
- In the morning, boil the water and when it starts boiling, add the powdered cinnamon and the stevia leaves.
- Take it off of the heat and cover it. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Instead of cinnamon powder, you can use cinnamon sticks. If you do, leave it into steep for 15 minutes.
How to drink it?
To get all of the all of the benefits from this treatment you should split it into several doses. These can be taken over the course of the day.
- 1 cup for breakfast
- 2 cups at mid morning.
- 2 cups in the afternoon before eating dinner.
If you want to get the most out of this alternative treatment, it’s a good idea to keep the following factors in mind:
- Avoid eating sugar and sugary foods.
- Reduce a number of foods you eat that are rich in carbohydrates (bread, pizza, french fries, etc…).
- Eat several meals over the course of the day, eating moderate portions.
- You can take a brewer’s yeast or nutritional supplement.
At the same time, we recommend that you include the following ingredients in your diet. They are very beneficial for helping you fight diabetes:
- Peas, these act as a vegetable based insulin.
- Watercress are a vegetable that’s rich in chromium. This also helps you regulate your glucose levels.
- Oats prevent sugar spikes.
If you suffer from diabetes, you should always talk to a medical specialist. Also, don’t start any treatment without talking to your doctor.