Cinnamon and Stevia Remedy to Regulate Sugar
Do you crave sweets? Would you like to regulate your blood sugar levels? Both cinnamon and stevia have special characteristics that help stabilize blood glucose levels. You can enhance this healthy effect by combining the two with this great natural remedy.
Do you get sudden urges for sweets? Do you get hunger attacks? Do you need to control your blood sugar? Would you like help in preventing diabetes?
If you don’t have a significant disorder but you want to control your blood sugar levels without turning to drugs, we recommend this effective natural solution.
Here, we’ll talk about how cinnamon and stevia in tea form can help you prevent future health problems.
Cinnamon is a fragrant spice extracted from the bark of the cinnamon tree. It has many benefits for your health, including:
- Digestive, antibiotic, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory powers.
- It’s also a powerful natural stimulant that gives you energy and heat, and improves your libido without altering your nervous system and causing nervousness.
As we’ll highlight in this article, cinnamon is also an excellent remedy for controlling blood sugar. It’s even a natural treatment for preventing and controlling Type 2 diabetes.
We recommend the Ceylon variety of cinnamon, if possible, since it is not only sweeter and more delicate than cassia, but likely has more medicinal properties.
In powdered form they’re hard to tell apart, so try to get one that’s labeled Cinnamomum zeylanicum or Cinnamomum verum.
Check out this article: Uses for Cinnamon in Gardening
Stevia is a plant originally from Paraguay that is now known all around the word as the most natural and healthiest sweetener.
In addition, you can easily grow it at home or buy the dried leaf or extract, depending on what you’re planning on using it for.
Stevia, which helps regulate blood sugar, also stands out for the following reasons:
- It’s mildly hypotensive and ideal for people with higher than normal blood pressure or who get spikes once in awhile.
- It has seven times more antioxidants than green tea.
- It’s a mild diuretic.
- It’s an antacid and improves digestion.
- It heals and disinfects wounds and burns.
- It improves tooth enamel and prevents cavities. Natural toothpastes are including it in their ingredients more and more.
Remedy for regulating sugar
To take advantage of these ingredients, you can make a delicious tea.
- Two teaspoons of powdered Ceylon cinnamon (6 g)
- Two teaspoons of dried stevia leaf (10 g)
- Three cups of water (600 ml)
- First, put the water to boil and turn it off as soon as it starts to boil.
- Then, add both medicinal plants and let sit with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, and your tea is ready!
Don’t forget: Treating Diabetes with Stevia and Cinnamon
To make this treatment even more effective, follow these daily guidelines:
- Add cinnamon to all kinds of recipes: cakes, pudding, ice cream, cookies, meat stews, etc.
- Sweeten desserts with stevia instead of other sweeteners for the same results.
There are two types of stevia: pure stevia, which is dark and has sugar-regulating powers but also a strong flavor similar to licorice, and refined stevia, which is clear and flavorless.
However, refined stevia is always better than sugar or other sweeteners.
Always remember to eat foods that are rich in soluble fiber (fruit, vegetables, beans, whole grains). This type of fiber slows down the absorption of carbohydrates, which lowers the response of insulin and the increase of blood glucose that happens after eating.
Certain foods like peas, watercress, wheat germ, and brewer’s yeast also help regulate sugar levels.
Drink a lot of water, separate from meals: at least 7 cups a day.
Eat multiple small meals a day, between 3 and 5, to keep sugar levels more constant. Likewise, avoid big meals and going too long without eating.
Follow these tips and enjoy this great natural remedy, and you’ll be on your way to better blood sugar levels!