Chickpeas with Lobster: Step by Step Recipe
Have you ever tried chickpeas with lobster? Undoubtedly, this recipe has a combination of flavors that you’ll love. In addition, its ingredients provide a number of important health benefits.
This dish, which is prepared with legumes and seafood, is perfect to eat as a main meal. It’s also excellent to prepare on cold days and share it with your loved ones. Read on and find out how to prepare this delicious dish below.
Chickpeas with lobster
As mentioned, this recipe has a delicious flavor; however, this isn’t its only virtue. This dish is also nutritious, so it’s an excellent way to provide nutrients to the body.
In relation to this, nutritionists point out that its ingredients provide elements of great importance for human health. On the one hand, chickpeas are a source of vegetable protein, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
On the other hand, lobster contains healthy omega-3 fats (those that the body cannot synthesize), proteins and other micronutrients necessary for the body. All this makes this dish stand out among others. Now, without further ado, here’s the recipe for chickpeas with lobster.
Another great recipe for you: Easy to Make Quinoa and Chickpea Meatballs
The recipe below is suitable to feed 4 people. If you’d like to prepare it for more or fewer people then just adjust the amounts accordingly. The preparation time is approximately one hour. Now, take a look at what you’ll need to make this dish:
- 300 grams (10 oz) of chickpeas
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 lobsters
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of homemade fried tomatoes
- 1/2 glass of brandy
- A pinch of salt
- 1 liter of fish broth, also called fumet
- Soak the chickpeas. This takes time, so it’s advisable to do it the night before. It has been proven that to prevent the legumes from fermenting and causing intestinal discomfort you should change the water. Keep in mind that the minimum time for this is 8 hours.
- Once you have carried out this step, drain the liquid from the chickpeas and place them in a pot. Fill the pot with clean water and let them cook until they’re soft. This will take about 30 to 40 minutes.
- When they’re half cooked, peel and chop the onion. Add it into the pot along with the salt and bay leaf. Then, wait for them to finish cooking.
- Then put a dash of oil in a frying pan, add the spoonful of wheat flour, the saffron and the green bell pepper. Bring this to minimum heat and, little by little, add the fish stock. Let it cook for a few more minutes. Stir.
- When the vegetables are soft, it’s time to remove them from the heat and drain the cooking water. Then, incorporate these ingredients into the skillet and turn the heat up to medium.
- Next, wash and cut off the ends of the lobsters. Discard these parts. Then, cut them in the middle and remove the stomach as well.
- Once this is done, in another frying pan, add a dash of oil and place the seafood inside. Wait for them to sauté. Peel and chop the garlic and brown it as well.
- It’s now time to add the homemade fried tomato and the brandy. Mix and let them cook for 3 minutes so that the alcohol evaporates.
- After this step, empty the contents of this pan into the pot containing the broth. Cook for 5 more minutes and taste test. If necessary, add more salt and pepper until you get the desired seasoning.
- Just serve on a plate and enjoy the flavor of this recipe.
Tips for making this dish
There’s no doubt that preparing this dish requires some time. So, here are some tips you can follow to make it easier to prepare.
Use canned chickpeas
Fortunately, legumes sold in cans or jars are an excellent way to save time in the kitchen. The only point to consider if you use them in this format is that, like all canned foods, they’re high in sodium. For this reason, it’s advisable to wash them properly under running water to eliminate as much as possible of this component.
Soak the legumes in advance
Although the recipe explains that you have to soak the legumes for at least 8 hours, you really have to soak them several days in advance. To do this, you have two options:
- The first is that you carry out the same process as detailed in the recipe, but after they’re fully cooked, drain them and set them aside. When they’re at room temperature, you’ll have to store them in containers with lids (ideally in portions), add a label with the date, and then place them in the refrigerator. Keep in mind that they’ll last 3 months stored in this way.
- Another option is, after the hydration process, to drain them without cooking and store them with a date label. It’s important to specify on the label that they’re raw. When it’s time to use them in this recipe, you only need to cook them. You’ll only need about 15 minutes for this. They also last 3 months if you preserve them in this way.
Prepare this recipe at home
Undoubtedly, this chickpeas with lobster dish is great to make at home. Besides being full of flavor, it provides different nutritional elements. Why not try it out and share it with friends or family? Some bread for dipping is always a popular addition too.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Hidalgo, M., Rodríguez, V., & Porras, O. (2018). Una mirada actualizada de los beneficios fisiológicos derivados del consumo de legumbres. Revista chilena de nutrición, 45, 32-44.
- FEN. Libro la Alimentación Española. Bogavante. Disponible en: https://www.fen.org.es/storage/app/media/imgPublicaciones/2018/libro-la-alimentacion-espanola.pdf
- FICHA N° 31 LEGUMBRES. Alimentos Argentinos.Disponible en: http://www.alimentosargentinos.gob.ar/HomeAlimentos/Nutricion/fichaspdf/Ficha_31_Legumbres.pdf