Few foods are as beneficial as broccoli. It prevents cancer, fibromyalgia, heart disease, aging, and it is an amazing source of vitamins and minerals. In fact, the John Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore classifies it as the best vegetable that exists. So, how could you not include it in your diet?
Combining it with pumpkin is definitely a great choice to be able to strengthen not only its benefits, but also its flavor. They both are low in calories and are great for diabetics. From our perspective, it would be a great choice to try them in these recipes. Are you ready to take some notes?
Broccoli and Pumpkin Casserole
- 100 grams of broccoli
- 100 grams of pumpkin
- 50 grams of whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Grated cheese to top (whatever you like)
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon zest
- Cut the pumpkin and broccoli into small pieces. Wash them well. Then steam them with a little bit of water. Wait until they are done. They don’t have to be very soft.
- Then put them in a dish to cook. Put the vegetables first with a little bit of salt and pepper along with a little bit of lemon zest. Add the pieces of milk soaked in almond milk and however much cheese you would like. Put it in the oven. As you can see, it is a very simple recipe.
- 1 small broccoli
- Half a medium pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of almonds (soak them the night before)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Crushed pepper, to taste
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro
- Cut the broccoli and pumpkin into small pieces
- Now make the seasoning with cumin, oil, lemon juice, pepper, and cilantro. Mix it all together well.
- Next, in a large frying pan, and with a little bit of oil, sauté the broccoli, pumpkin, and almonds. Remember that the pieces of pumpkin and broccoli should be small so that they come out good. Add pepper if you would like.
- Now add the seasoning to the pumpkin, broccoli, and almonds.
- Continue cooking all the vegetables until they are tender and ready. The mixture is very tasty. Serve it on two plates and accompany it with soy sauce, if you would like.
Wild Rice with Broccoli and Pumpkin
- 150 grams of brown rice
- 40 grams of wild rice
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 small pumpkin
- 20 grams of untoasted almonds
- A handful of raisins
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Start by washing the brown and wild rice well. Cook for 45 minutes with the pumpkin, peeled almonds, and a pinch of sea salt. Let sit for a few minutes.
- The boil the broccoli in water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Sauté the broccoli with olive oil and soy sauce.
- Lastly, mix it all with the cooked rice and pumpkin. Add the raisins and you will get an original and healthy recipe.
Pumpkin and Broccoli Pudding
- 1 small head of broccoli
- A tender onion
- An apple
- 300 grams of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- A splash of skim milk
- Salt and pepper
- Start by steaming the broccoli.
- Grate the pumpkin into thin strips.
- Cut the apple into thin strips.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Now, in a frying pan with oil, sauté the thinly diced onion with the parsley.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they are fluffy. Then put the broccoli, pumpkin, sautéed onion in oil, and the cut apple in.
- Season with salt and pepper. Then add a splash of skim milk that was mixed with the flour.
- Get a baking sheet or the mold you want to use for the oven (this will be the final shape of the pudding) and put melted butter on it. Then, pour the mixture with all of the ingredients in it.
- Put it in the oven for 20 or 25 minutes. Let it chill and remove it from the mold.
- You can accompany this tasty pudding with a vinaigrette.