Broccoli and Pumpkin Recipes
Few foods are as healthy as broccoli. This vegetable can help prevent cancer, fibromyalgia, heart disease, aging, and it's an amazing source of vitamins and minerals. In fact, the John Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore classifies it as the best vegetable that exists. So, how could you not include it in your diet?
Combining it with pumpkin is definitely a great choice because it’s not only healthy but flavorful as well. They both are low in calories and can be great for diabetics. It would be a great choice to try them with the following recipes. Get your pen and paper out to take some notes because you’re going to love these broccoli and pumpkin recipes.
Broccoli and Pumpkin Casserole
- 100 grams of broccoli
- 100 grams of pumpkin
- 50 grams of whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- Grated cheese to use as a topping (as much as you want)
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon zest
- Cut the pumpkin and broccoli into small pieces and wash them well. Then steam them with a little bit of water until they are cooked, but they don’t have to be very soft.
- Put them in a dish to cook. Add the vegetables first with a little bit of salt and pepper along with a little bit of lemon zest. Then add the pieces of bread soaked in almond milk and add as much cheese as you would like. Finally. place in the oven to bake. As you can see, this is a very simple recipe.
Read this article too: The 3 Best Dinner Recipes with Pumpkin
Broccoli and Pumpkin Stir Fry
- 1 small broccoli
- Half a medium pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of almonds (soaked the night before)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Crushed pepper, to taste
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro
- Cut the broccoli and pumpkin into small pieces
- Make the seasoning by thoroughly mixing cumin, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, and cilantro.
- Add a little bit of olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the broccoli, pumpkin, and almonds. Remember that the pieces of pumpkin and broccoli should be small so that they cook properly. Then add as much pepper you would like.
- Now add the seasoning to the pumpkin, broccoli, and almonds.
- Continue cooking all the vegetables until they are tender and ready. The mixture is very tasty. Serve it on two plates and accompany it with soy sauce, if you would like.
Wild Rice with Broccoli and Pumpkin
- 150 grams of brown rice
- 40 grams of wild rice
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 small pumpkin
- 20 grams of untoasted almonds
- A handful of raisins
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Start by washing the brown and wild rice well. Cook for 45 minutes with the pumpkin, peeled almonds, and a pinch of sea salt. Let them sit for a few minutes.
- Boil the broccoli in water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Sauté the broccoli with olive oil and soy sauce.
- Finally, mix it all with the cooked rice and pumpkin. Add the raisins and you will get an original and healthy recipe.
Check out this article too: Cream of Broccoli with Poached Eggs
Broccoli and Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 small head of broccoli
- A tender onion
- An apple
- 300 grams of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- A splash of skim milk
- Salt and pepper
- Start by steaming the broccoli.
- Grate the pumpkin into thin strips.
- Cut the apple into thin strips.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Now, in a frying pan with oil, sauté the thinly diced onion with the parsley.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until they are fluffy. Then put the broccoli, pumpkin, sautéed onion, and sliced apple in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Then add a splash of skim milk that was mixed with the flour.
- Get a baking sheet or mold of your choice (this will be the final shape of the pudding) and put melted butter on it. Then, pour the mixture with all of the ingredients in it.
- Place in the oven for 20 or 25 minutes. Let it chill and remove it from the mold. Once done, if you want, you can add some vinaigrette to your delicious pudding.