7 Great Breakfasts to Lower Your High Triglycerides
We’re often told about the negative impact of cholesterol but seldom hear that we must also lower high triglycerides. This is another important lipid and we can control it by changing the way we eat breakfast!
Although the body uses this type of fat as a source of energy, its accumulation in the blood can lead to serious heart disease.
Fortunately, it can be controlled through diet, especially with certain foods you can eat in the morning. Don’t hesitate to try them!
Breakfasts to lower your high triglycerides
Here are some breakfast options for you to take advantage of and inspire you to make other healthy and tasty options. Reducing your high triglycerides can be an easy goal to achieve first thing in the morning!
1. A slice of rye bread with extra virgin olive oil
To reduce your high triglycerides in the first meal of the day, you need to eat healthy fats from foods such as olive oil.
- Its contribution in omega 3 will help to minimize the presence of this fat in the blood, which tends to harden the arteries and overload the liver.
- Therefore, it’s highly recommended to consume olive oil for breakfast. It’s enough to simply put a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil on a slice of rye bread!
To lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels, it’s essential to include fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Dried fruits, such as raisins and dates, are not recommended.
- However, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, or raspberries are highly recommended options for these cases. They’re low in fructose and very rich in vitamin C.
- Bananas are another ideal fruit to prepare breakfasts that help you reduce your high triglycerides.
We think you may find this interesting: Diet Plan to Help You Lower Triglycerides
3. A morning drink to reduce triglycerides
If you want to reduce your high triglycerides during breakfast, it will do you good to include this drink in your breakfasts. However, be careful not to add whole milk or any other type of fat that could make this healthy cup of coffee an enemy to your cardiovascular health!
- 1 apple
- Fresh spinach (30 g)
- A glass of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal (10 g)
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (50 ml)
- The first thing to do is to wash the spinach and the apple well. You can leave the skin on the apple. Then, cut it into four parts and remove the seeds from the center before adding it to the blender.
- Once in the blender, you just have to add the apple pieces, the spinach, the lemon juice, the tablespoon of oatmeal, and the glass of water.
- Blend until you get a smooth drink.
- Drink it immediately as part of your breakfast.
4. Say yes to oatmeal
Oatmeal is a grain that’s highly recommended for almost any diet. The queen of grains is, without a doubt, an ally for your cardiovascular health: in fact, it helps regulate cholesterol and triglyceride levels, takes care of your weight, and gives you energy.
- The secret of its great benefits lies in its contribution of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Meanwhile, it has beta-glucans and mucilage that optimize and enhance the metabolism of cholesterol and triglycerides.
5. Avocados and watermelon
Watermelon is the fruit that contains the most water, as per its name. And although it hardly contains fructose, it does have certain appreciable amounts of vitamins, minerals, and lycopene.
When combined in a breakfast with toast and avocado (which is a source of monosaturated and unsaturated fatty acids, potassium, and vitamins C, 3, and B6), you’ve got yourself a fantastic healthy breakfast supplement.
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids help control your high triglyceride levels.
- It’s best to consume a little less than half an avocado combined with a serving of watermelon. That way, you get significant amounts of fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, among other nutrients.
6. Apples and nuts
Another healthy combination is green apple and nuts. Using these two ingredients, you can prepare a nice bowl of oatmeal, yogurt, or even a smoothie. It should be noted that the best option is to consume the sliced apple with its peel and add a few nuts.
- This is a simple, tasty, filling, and a fabulous remedy to take care of your cardiovascular health.
- Apples are rich in antioxidants, pectins, and vitamins and minerals, which are great for fighting high triglycerides.
- Walnuts, meanwhile, are rich in monounsaturated fats, are anti-inflammatory, contain vitamin E, folic acid, magnesium, and calcium.
Give this breakfast a try. Simply prepare a bowl with 3-4 tablespoons of natural unsweetened yogurt, a few nuts, and an apple (whatever color you prefer), and start today to take better care of yourself. In a few months, you will definitely notice the difference in your cholesterol levels!
You may also enjoy reading this article: Causes of High Triglycerides and Symptoms
Take advantage of breakfast to reduce your high triglycerides!
If you have questions about how to have a balanced diet according to the needs of your body, consult a nutritionist. Also, remember that the proposals we mentioned above are just some of the many options you have to prepare delicious and healthy breakfasts.
Take advantage of your breakfasts to start including more fruit in your diet and you’ll see how, little by little, together with other good habits, you will be able to reduce your high triglycerides.It might interest you...