5 Best Natural Drinks for Women
There is a group of natural drinks for women that really are excellent for our feminine readers.
It’s no secret that we lack energy or get pains once in a while. These unfortunate realities don’t have to ruin your day, though. There are a number of foods which can compensate the nutritional deficiencies that cause this. So let’s take note of the following natural drinks for women and start taking better care of our health?
1. Oat milk and almond milk
We all know that milk, especially cow’s milk isn’t the best option for everyone. Its animal proteins and enzymes are hard for many people to digest. In the long-term this drink can come with more problems than its calcium content is worth.
Hence, vegetable drinks have started to appear all over markets recently. Two types of milk that we especially recommend as natural drinks for women are oat and almond milk.
Benefits of oat milk
- It’s easy to digest and has a good amount of soluble fiber. This nutrient prevents the constipation from annoying you throughout the day. In addition it keeps your intestinal flora healthy, which is essential to digestion.
- Since it tends to make you feel full, it helps out those of us trying to lose weight.
Benefits of almond milk
- It’s great for lowering cholesterol and triglycerides levels. Additionally, it offers us a lot of energy to start the day without having to use unnatural substances. It’s very easy to digest, and it has healthy fats that are good for the body.
2. Kale and Pineapple Shake
Have you ever heard of the many benefits of kale? This is one of the best ingredients for natural drinks for women. Kale is a vegetable rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C. Specifically, it’s a type of cabbage originally from Asia, which has enjoyed great success in the Americas.
It also has very few calories, and is well known for being good for preventing diseases thanks to a substance called sulfurophane. This substance protects your cells. Still doesn’t ring a bell?
If you combine it with pineapple it results a more than ideal drink to start the day. So if you want to prepare you only need a slice of fresh pineapple, four leaves of kale or collard greens, a cup of cold almond milk and a tablespoon of honey. Add everything in the blender and get an homogenous and delicious mixture that you’ll love to drink.
You might also be interested in:
Eating pineapple for Weight Loss and to Reduce Toxins
3. Green tea – one of the best natural drinks for women
Are you one of those people who have already incorporated green tea in your diet? If not, then you’re making a mistake. Don’t miss out on the great properties of one of the best natural drinks for women.
Green tea has minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Experts have proven that it’s effective at preventing heart disease and stroke. Remember, there is nothing better than a cup of green tea in the afternoon.
4. Flaxseed shake
Flaxseed is trendy right now. Surely you’ve heard of it and it probably won’t be difficult for you to find in any natural food or herbal shop. It is an excellent food supplement, rich in minerals and vitamins, which you can include in your daily meals. You can have it in the form of dressing for your salads, for example, and, of course, mixing them into tasty smoothies as in the above photo.
According to a study made by the Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, flaxseeds promote cardiovascular health, preventing heart disease and neurovascular injury. It’s well-worth the effort of making yourself a smoothie with flaxseed every day.
5. Fresh tomato juice
Tasty, refreshing and nutritious – we love tomato juice. One of the best natural drinks for women, you shouldn’t miss out on the opportunity to include it in your diet: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene – an element which prevents the formation of cancer cells. And remember, it’s also a great antioxidant. What’s more, it also prevents the liquids retention in our body. It is simply perfect.
6. A small glass of wine a day
I am sure you knew it. Drinking a glass of wine a day is very beneficial for your health. But be sure to choose a proper wine and one of good quality. The ideal amount is one glass a day, so if you prefer, you can have half a glass at lunch and the other half during your dinner.
In this way you get a good supply of antioxidants needed to prevent cardiovascular disease and protect yourself a little better against premature aging. Enjoy this red drink while remembering its long historic and gastronomic importance.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Fundación Española de la Nutrición. Datos actuales sobre las propiedades nutricionales de la avena. https://www.fen.org.es/storage/app/media/PUBLICACIONES%202017/INFORME%20AVENA_FEN_v2_2017__AvenaFEN2017_ok%201.pdf
- Fundación Española de la Nutrición. Almendras. http://www.fen.org.es/mercadoFen/pdfs/almendra.pdf
- The Journal of Nutrition, Volume 147, Issue 8, August 2017, Pages 1517–1523, Inclusion of Almonds in a Cholesterol-Lowering Diet Improves Plasma HDL Subspecies and Cholesterol Efflux to Serum in Normal-Weight Individuals with Elevated LDL Cholesterol. https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.116.245126
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. Kale. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/511764/nutrients
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. Flax Seeds. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/339494/nutrients
- Fundación Española de la Nutrición. Tomate. http://www.fen.org.es/mercadoFen/pdfs/tomate.pdf