The Benefits of Drinking Orange Juice
Orange juice has a lot of great benefits as the oranges’ components are much more concentrated in juice form, producing more therapeutic results than the fruit itself.
Properties of orange juice
Orange juice is proven to have lots of properties for the stomach. It has the ability to regulate its functions, preventing some complications in functioning, like:
- Gastritis and gastroduodenal ulcers: orange juice is very effective for alleviating excessive heartburn. This juice should be consumed between meals, just the juice, without being accompanied by any other foods. This method is the most effective way of consuming it.
- Liver: drinking orange juice as the sole food between meals can be a great help to the liver. It has the ability to prevent poor digestion, swelling, and fermentation of foods.
- Biliary failure: this juice helps produce more bile. That’s why it is considered very useful for people that suffer from biliary cirrhosis.
- Diarrhea and constipation: it is well known that during diarrhea or constipation episodes, the intestines suffer a lot. That’s why drinking this juice is recommended, as it has the ability to regulate and stabilize these functions.
- Indigestion: in this same fashion, it is able to help noticeably improve problems caused by bad digestion, as it has the ability to eliminate intestinal residue that could be producing these problems.
Orange juice possesses fantastic alkalizing properties, which is very important for cleansing the blood. It dissolves acids, preventing them from settling in the kidneys and causing kidney stones.
Uric acid is what is primarily responsible for the formation of kidney stones. Beyond just being alkalizing, it has a great effect on the metabolism.
What’s more, consuming orange juice could help a lot of patients that suffer from:
Gout or arthritis:
Uric acid deposits in the joints of people who have gout or arthritis, which causes a very intense pain. Orange juice alkalizes and helps reduce levels of this acid, noticeably improving health conditions in these patients.
Orange juice is recommended for diabetes patients because this fruit contains very little sugar, and also has diuretic effects. This gives it the ability to regulate blood sugar levels, and thanks to its high vitamin C content, type II diabetes patients benefit and are protected against the effects that this disease causes in the body, such as infections, poor healing, poor vision, among a lot of other things.
Orange juice for the flu
Orange juice has a lot of vitamin C, making it very effective for quick recovery from some illnesses, like the flu. Since you can avoid it, you can help accelerate recovery, avoiding most of the symptoms. It can also be very helpful for people that suffer from respiratory diseases, people who are affected by allergies, or helping to reduce cough attacks.
Orange juice helps slow aging
The vitamin C contained in orange juice has wonderful antioxidant properties. This makes it very effects against the harmful effects of free radicals in the body, as these produce aging in the body. Drinking a lot of orange juice could be useful for preventing, or at least slowing a lot of the pains that affect everyone’s body over the course of the years. The following could be a few of them:
- Arteriosclerosis: orange juice is very important for improving blood circulation. Its powerful antioxidant and antiplatelet properties it has the ability to improve circulation, impede clots from forming in the arteries, and prevent and avoid arteriosclerosis.
- Hypertension: healthy blood pressure is very possible with good blood circulation, which avoids the problem of having high blood pressure.
- Deafness: vitamin C has been proven to be an excellent help for preventing deafness.
- Vision loss: proper vitamin C consumption is a great help for preventing vision loss, as well as associated illnesses, like cataracts.
- Cancer: It has been proven, by the large amounts of studies that have been done on this vitamin, that by being a powerful antioxidant it has the ability to reduce the appearance of cancer. Consuming large amounts of orange juice has been shown to reduce the risk of developing cancer.