Beet and Parsley Shake That May Help Combat Varicose Veins
By drinking this beverage, exercising and eating well, we may improve circulation, assist venous return and prevent varicose veins.
We all know there are no miracles when it comes to getting rid of varicose veins. Nevertheless, you can prevent and maybe even combat varicose veins and thrombosis by following a healthy diet and exercise.
If your varicose veins are at an advanced stage, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor so that he or she can examine them.
Fortunately, this beet and parsley shake may be helpful to combat varicose veins, going from spider veins to deeper varicose veins.
Its benefits are definitive and exceptional. For instance, this shake may help improve blood circulation in the legs, as well as venous return. We’ll explain more about the benefits of this shake below.
Beet and parsley promote blood circulation
Varicose veins appear mainly because of a subtle combination of our genetics and lifestyle. However, there are many ways to combat and prevent them from appearing.
If, for example, your mother suffers or suffered from varicose veins, it’s vital that you take this fact into account in order to stop their occurrence.
Something as simple as avoiding sitting down for a long time and following a diet rich in antioxidants, water and fresh fruit and vegetables can help a lot.
Among all the foods that you can eat daily, there are two that you should include in your diet: beet and parsley.
You can benefit from these vegetables in a simple and quick way. For instance, you can make a natural shake with these ingredients.
Beets look after our blood vessels
If your legs feel tired, heavy and swollen for several days, this beet and parsley shake is your solution.
- Beet juice is rich in nitrates, which help improve blood circulation.
- Nitrates found in beets open up the blood vessels to allow a greater flow of oxygen to pass through, which in turn lowers our blood pressure. This is specifically thanks to nitric oxide.
- Furthermore, beets also contain betalain, a powerful antioxidant which has anti-inflammatory properties that act as a fungicide. It also allows us to detox the body.
- Moreover, beets look after our liver by assisting basic processes like the purification of the blood and the synthesis of certain hormones.
- Let’s not forget that the magnesium found in beets also helps to achieve good blood circulation and venous return.
Parsley: a powerful anti-inflammatory
Parsley contains two very powerful elements that reduce and treat varicose veins: luteolin and vitamin C.
- These two components act as great anti-inflammatory agent that may help reduce risk of thrombosis. They also relieve swelling and heaviness in the legs, when consumed regularly.
- Parsley has a great “arsenal” of antioxidants that are capable of purifying our body and promoting good blood circulation. They also help achieve correct venous return.
- We also can’t forget that parsley is a food rich in potassium, an essential mineral that regulates blood pressure. Potassium can even combat high blood pressure.
How to prepare this shake to help combat varicose veins
- 1 beet
- 1 teaspoon of parsley (5g)
- Lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- 1 glass of water (200ml)
- Choose a medium-sized beet that’s not too ripe. The best way to benefit from a beet’s properties is by eating it fresh. You need to wash it well, peel it and cut it into four pieces so that you can blend it easily.
- After, wash the parsley leaves well. Although parsley has a strong taste, it’s worthadding it to this natural drink to reduce the occurrence of varicose veins.
- You only need to add the four ingredients above into the blender.
- Lastly, blend all the ingredients well until you obtain a smooth juice with no lumps.
We recommend drinking this shake in the morning, three times a week. This will help improve your circulation and resistance. It will also help you tackle your daily activities with more energy.