We all know that there are no miracles when it comes to getting rid of varicose veins. Nevertheless, you can prevent the occurrence of this condition, and of deep vein thrombosis, for instance, by following a healthy diet and exercise.
If your varicose veins are at an advanced stage, don’t hesitate to contact your doctor so that he or she can examine them.
Fortunately, this beet and parsley shake is useful for treating all cases of varicose veins, from spider veins to deeper varicose veins.
Its benefits are definitive and exceptional. For instance, this shake can help improve blood circulation in the legs, as well as venous return. We’ll explain more about the benefits of this shake below.
Beet and parsley greatly assist blood circulation
Varicose veins appear mainly because of a subtle combination of our genetics and the lifestyle we maintain. However, there are many ways to combat them and prevent them from appearing.
If, for example, your mother suffers or suffered from varicose veins, it’s vital that you take this fact into account in order to stop their occurrence.
Something as simple as avoiding sitting down for a long time and following a diet rich in antioxidants, water and fresh fruit and vegetables can help a lot.
Among all the foods that you can eat daily, there are two that you should include in your diet: beet and parsley.
You can benefit from these vegetables in a simple and quick way. For instance, you can make a natural shake with these ingredients.
Beets look after our blood vessels
If your legs feel tired, heavy and swollen for several days, this beet and parsley shake is your solution.
- Beet juice is rich in nitrates, which improves blood circulation.
- Nitrates found in beets open up the blood vessels to allow a greater flow of oxygen to pass through, which lowers our blood pressure. This is specifically thanks to nitric oxide.
- Furthermore, beets also contain betalain, a powerful antioxidant which has anti-inflammatory properties that act as a fungicide. It also allows us to detox the body.
- Moreover, beets look after our liver, by assisting basic processes like the purification of the blood and the synthesis of certain hormones.
- Let’s not forget that the magnesium found in beets also helps to achieve good blood circulation and venous return.
Parsley: a powerful anti-inflammatory
Parsley contains two very powerful elements that reduce and treat varicose veins: luteolin and vitamin C.
- These two components act as great anti-inflammatory agent that reduce the occurrences of thrombosis. They also relieve swelling and heaviness in the legs, when consumed regularly.
- Parsley has a great “arsenal” of antioxidants capable of purifying our body and assisting good blood circulation. They also help achieve correct venous return.
- We also can’t forget that parsley is a food rich in potassium, an essential mineral that regulates blood pressure. Potassium can even combat high blood pressure.
How to prepare this beet and parsley shake
- 1 beet
- 1 teaspoon of parsley (5g)
- Lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- 1 glass of water (200ml)
- Choose a medium-sized beet that’s not too ripe. The best way to benefit from a beet’s properties is by eating it fresh. You need to wash it well, peel it and cut it into four pieces so that you can blend it easily.
- After, wash the parsley leaves well. Although parsley has a strong taste, it’s worth adding it to this natural drink to reduce the occurrence of varicose veins.
- You only need to add the four ingredients above into the blender.
- Lastly, blend all the ingredients well until you obtain a smooth juice with no lumps.
We recommend drinking this shake in the morning, three times a week. This will improve your circulation and resistance. It will also help you tackle your daily activities with more energy.