Apple, Lemon, and Grapefruit Smoothie to Help Weight Loss
This delicious smoothie made with apple, lemon, and grapefruit can be a really useful aid to help weight loss.
It’s a simple addition to your diet that’ll keep hunger at bay and fight fluid retention.
Remember that you also need to follow a balanced and varied diet and exercise whenever you can.
Apple, lemon, and grapefruit: an aid to weight loss
There are no miracle diets for losing weight, but proper nutrition will give you the results you want. Indeed, healthy weight loss is possible as long as you watch what you eat.
So why not start incorporating delicious fruits like apples, lemons, and grapefruit into your diet? Next, we’ll explain why they’re such great options if you want to lose weight.
There are many different types of apples, but this smoothie contains green apples, organic, if possible. You should use the peel as well, so you should try to buy a natural and pesticide-free product.
- Apples are a good source of polyphenols (among many other compounds). Scientific data suggests that these could play an active role in the fight against obesity via various mechanisms. Some experiments show that the daily consumption of apples – in juice and whole – helps people to lose weight.
- The pectin contained in the skin helps control dyslipidemia which is associated with being overweight. In addition, according to data obtained with animals, supplementing diets with fiber (such as pectin) promotes a decrease in caloric intake, weight, and fat loss. It also staves off hunger.
- They help balance blood sugar levels.
- They contain high levels of minerals and vitamins, which take care of cardiovascular health.
- They’re filling and provide a good amount of fiber. They also help combat both fluid retention and constipation.
You might also like to read: 5 Benefits of Eating Apples
Lemons, The key to a balanced pH
It’s important to reduce acidity in your diet and eliminate the toxins that cause inflammation and disease in order to optimize the function of many of your organs.
- Like apples, lemons also contain high amounts of polyphenols. Studies show that the administration of an extract from these nutrients decreases fat storage, weight gain, and insulin resistance in animals fed high-fat diets. Therefore, it’s believed that it could be suitable for weight loss, although it hasn’t yet been tested on humans.
- An article published in the journal, Nutrients points to the ability of lemon extracts to use fat deposits as fuel. However, it must be taken into account that, once again, these results are yet to be corroborated in humans.
- They can help reduce bad cholesterol and facilitate proper blood circulation.
- They help digestion. In fact, they allow the better assimilation of nutrients and improve the health of the intestines while preventing toxic elements from reaching the bloodstream.
- The citric acid in lemons and its enzymes take care of the liver. Due to their antioxidants and vitamin C, they also strengthen the immune system.
Thanks to these ingredients, you can start your weight loss regime with good defenses and improve your liver function, since fat doesn’t accumulate in this organ.
You might like to read: 9 Tips to Boost a Slow Metabolism
Grapefruit: a diuretic and anti-inflammatory
Grapefruit is a fruit of the citrus family (like tangerine, lemon, and orange). Like all citrus fruits, grapefruits are low-calorie with high water content and other nutrients that make them a great aid to weight loss.
Furthermore, grapefruit complements the action of green apple and lemon. For this reason, it’s worth looking for organically grown ones, as they’ll provide the best antioxidants and vitamins.
- Grapefruit consumption (either whole or in juice form) has been shown to positively affect weight loss. However, the reasons why this happens haven’t yet been established.
- The same studies show that its intake improves insulin resistance. This hormone is directly related to the accumulation of fat.
- Adding grapefruit to this smoothie is helpful because it’s a diuretic fruit. It allows the drainage of certain waste elements that cause inflammation and fluid retention.
- They also provide a dose of fiber, which slows down gastric emptying. It also keeps you fuller for longer and staves off hunger pangs.
Recipe for apple, lemon, and grapefruit smoothie
1 green apple.
Half a lemon and half a grapefruit.
1 glass of water (200 ml).
- The smoothie will be ready in just 5 minutes. Wash the three pieces of fruit well.
- Cut them into small pieces and add them to the blender with the water. You can also make it in a food processor. Blend the mixture until it’s smooth.
- If necessary, add a little water.
- You can add a tablespoon of stevia or honey if you need to sweeten it as it’s quite acidic.
You can drink the smoothie with breakfast or as a mid-morning or afternoon snack. You can also make it with more water if you prefer.
One of the first things to remember is that this smoothie isn’t a remedy for weight loss. It’s a drink made with healthy ingredients that have also been shown to have positive weight loss properties.
However, its simple inclusion in your day-to-day won’t work if you don’t accompany it with a balanced diet and physical exercise. In addition, you should address your weight issues comprehensively, if possible, with professional help.
You should also take into account that this smoothie shouldn’t be the most important food in your weight loss diet. It’s merely an accompaniment to start the day, drink alongside your main meal, or enjoy as a snack.
This smoothie doesn’t contain protein, fat, iron, or many other key nutrients necessary for good health. You must maintain a diet that provides you with all the nutrients you need on a daily basis.
Finally, it’s essential to note that grapefruit has interactions with certain medications. Some of them are those prescribed to reduce cholesterol and treat blood pressure or anxiety, as well as corticosteroids or antihistamines.
The effects vary depending on the person, the drug, and the amount of grapefruit that’s consumed. For this reason, if you’re taking any kind of medication, you should consult with your doctor before introducing the smoothie into your diet. Alternatively, you could eliminate the grapefruit from the recipe.
Drink this smoothie as a complement to your weight loss diet
You can drink this delicious smoothie every morning for breakfast or throughout the day. However, don’t forget to maintain a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle habits if you want to lose weight.It might interest you...