Air Fryer Carrot Chips and More Recipes
In the air fryer you can prepare delicious chips made from carrots and other vegetables. They’re perfect for snacking, as they provide high-quality vitamins and antioxidants. In addition, they’re low in calories, increasing the feeling of satiety without affecting the energy balance of the diet. We will show you how to achieve perfect air fryer carrot chips here.
Before starting, just to say that it’s possible to consume different healthy snacks throughout the day without this increasing your body weight. However, you’ll have to choose these products correctly, as those that come in packets usually contain elements that can negatively affect the body in the medium term.
Air fryer carrot chips
More great recipes: 4 Easy and Healthy Side Dishes with Carrots
If you want to prepare great air fryer carrot chips, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Start by washing the carrots very well and then remove the two ends with a knife.
- Then cut them into very thin slices.
- The next step is to place the carrot slices in a bowl and soak them with the two tablespoons of oil, stirring well.
- To continue, put the vegetable in the basket of the air fryer, setting it at 165 degrees (330 F) for 20 minutes. It’s important to open the basket every 5 minutes to move them vigorously. This will ensure that they’re all cooked correctly. Also, after 15 minutes you’ll have to be more attentive to prevent them from burning.
- Once the time is up, remove the carrots, add some salt and enjoy!
The air fryer carrot chips will have a nice crunchy touch. They can even be kept for later, as they last well. However, it’s recommended to keep them in a covered bowl.
Note that this recipe can also be made with other vegetables. Tubers are especially recommended, because they’re very crunchy and tasty. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, or yucca are good options. However, in these cases, there would be a higher carbohydrate intake.
You may also be interested in: How to Prepare Onion Rings in an Air Fryer
Benefits of carrots
We can’t finish without mentioning the main benefits derived from the inclusion of carrots in the context of a varied and balanced diet. We’re talking here about a type of vegetable that provides a high amount of vitamin C. This nutrient increases the efficiency of the immune system among other things. This is evidenced by a study published in Nutrients.
On the other hand, it should be noted the antioxidant content of carrots. These elements neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. This effect has been related to a lower risk of developing chronic and complex pathologies, according to research published in the European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
Prepare air fryer carrot chips at home
As you have seen, it’s a really simple job to prepare carrot or root vegetable chips in the air fryer.
The inclusion of vegetables in the diet is recommended by most nutrition experts, as they’re high-quality foodstuffs with many micronutrients inside them.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Carr, A. C., & Maggini, S. (2017). Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients, 9(11), 1211. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9111211
- Neha, K., Haider, M. R., Pathak, A., & Yar, M. S. (2019). Medicinal prospects of antioxidants: A review. European journal of medicinal chemistry, 178, 687–704. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejmech.2019.06.010
- Vriesman, M. H., Koppen, I., Camilleri, M., Di Lorenzo, C., & Benninga, M. A. (2020). Management of functional constipation in children and adults. Nature reviews. Gastroenterology & hepatology, 17(1), 21–39. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41575-019-0222-y