How to Revitalize and Cleanse Your Pancreas
In order to care for and cleanse your pancreas, not only do you need to eat a healthy diet, but you also need to be physically active. On the other hand, you also need to devote a few minutes a day to relax and meditate.
We don’t often pay very much attention to this vital organ. On top of that, many of us don’t even know where it is! This forgotten organ does so much for the body, and, for this reason, we should be looking after it carefully!
How? Keep reading this article and get some great advice on how to revitalize and cleanse your pancreas.
Important information about the pancreas
This organ is located behind the stomach. More specifically, it’s on the left side of the abdomen. It’s a light brown color and is in charge of producing insulin. This hormone is very important because it regulates the storage of nutrients.
The pancreas has two functions:
- Endocrine: The regulation of blood sugar and glucagon levels.
- Exocrine: The production of pancreatic juices to help to digest food.
If the pancreas is either not well, functioning poorly or weakened, then it cannot perform its job normally. This could be caused by pancreatitis or diabetes, or even, in more severe cases, pancreas cancer.
The worst things for this organ include:
- Animal fat: especially milk and red meat.
- Fried foods: potato chips, hamburgers, pizza, etc.
- Refined foods: refined flour and sugar.
- Processed foods: chemical additives, preservatives, coloring, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages
How to cleanse your pancreas
I’m sure you can now see how important this organ is for your body. That’s why you need to take care of and cleanse your pancreas well. Here’s some advice for protecting your pancreas:
Eat a healthy diet
Your diet should not be lacking in:
- Whole grains
- Fresh juices
- Herbal teas
Eat cleansing foods
- Brewer’s yeast
- Aloe Vera
Use olive oil
One teaspoon of olive oil before breakfast will work wonders for the cleansing of the pancreas. Immediately afterwards, drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice.
Be physically active
Yoga and tai chi are great for maintaining good blood and oxygen circulation throughout the body. But, on top of that, they also help strengthen pancreatic function, as well as that of other important organs.
It’s a good idea to do aerobic exercise as well, for example, cycling, running, swimming or walking. Leave your sedentary life behind!
Cleansing diet for the pancreas
Once you follow this cleansing diet plan (it lasts for 11 days) you will have to give up all foods that intoxicate the pancreas. By doing this, you’ll be giving your pancreas the best possible present!
- First of all, eat citrus fruit in the morning
- Take a raw salad for lunch with a vegetable soup
- Finally, eat a plate of steamed vegetables for dinner, sprinkled with lemon juice and olive oil.
On this day you can only eat fruits and vegetables, and they must be raw.
- First of all, in the morning, citrus fruit once again.
- Then, at noon, a salad.
- Finally, in the evening, an apple.
Days 3, 4, and 5
Eat only vegetables. It’s best if you eat them raw in salads, but steamed or grilled vegetables are also a good option. Never boil or fry your vegetables. Dress them with lemon juice and olive oil. Between meals you can eat celery, carrot, or tomato.
Day 6 through 11
- Firstly, fruit juice for breakfast
- Steamed vegetables for lunch
- Vegetable soup and a salad for dinner
- And, finally, fruit juice before bed
Purifying diet for the pancreas
This diet should be followed for a week. Not only does it include a food plan, but it also includes other activities. It is based on the following biological cycles within the body:
- From 4am to 12 noon: Cleansing
- Then, from 12 noon to 8pm: Breaking down
- From 8pm to 4am: Metabolic analysis
Your daily exercise will include:
First of all, a 15 minute walk at a moderate pace with deep breathing. If possible, do this early in the morning.
Then practice meditation, praying or contemplation for at least 5 minutes. We recommend you do this twice a day, when you wake up and then again when you go to bed.
Here is the purifying diet:
Prepare this earlier on, so that it is ready at breakfast time (after exercising).
- 1 cup rice or oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of toasted grains
- A handful of kombu seaweed
First of all, place everything in a pot, with a pinch of salt and then boil for 5 minutes. Wait for 2 hours before straining, then eat.
This lunch will provide you with the energy to continue through the day.
- 1 cup of toasted grains (this could be rice, quinoa, millet)
- 1 tbsp. low-salt gomashio (or pumpkin seeds)
- 3 servings of vegetables (onion, leeks, carrots, turnips, pumpkin)
Boil the ingredient together in a pan until it is thick. Eat one or two large bowls.
Just like lunch, but only eat 1 bowl.
Drink water throughout the day. You could also drink natural herbal infusions. Don’t forget that a bad diet, lack of exercise, stress and being sedentary are the largest obstacles to health in general, and to your pancreas in particular.
Try to live a more peaceful and healthy life, and enjoy what life brings you.