Although some may think otherwise, there’s no miraculous way to lose weight in a safe and stable way. It requires multiple efforts, especially relating to food and exercise.
While there are many supplements that can help achieve good results in less time, it’s essential to realize that diet plays a crucial role.
You need to control your calories and also include all of the nutritional groups required by the body. These changes should also not be adopted temporarily, since it’s important to eat well permanently so that you don’t gain weight again.
The good news is that there are dozens of healthy foods to vary your eating plan and so there are many possibilities to start improving it.
In this article, we want to share 7 alternatives that you should add to your kitchen, since they’re a great help for losing weight.
Although for a long time it was thought that egg consumption caused weight gain, nowadays we know that there are more benefits for health and weight.
- This food, rich in amino acids and healthy fats, helps the formation of muscle mass and prolongs the sensation of satiety.
- Their vitamins and minerals help meet the body’s nutritional requirements and, therefore, are a good choice for dieting.
2. Green leafy vegetables
Any diet plan for losing weight can include all varieties of green vegetables in your dishes.
- Low in calories and rich in antioxidant compounds, they support the functioning of your metabolism to burn fat optimally.
- Their significant fibre content reduces hunger and, amongst other things, helps decrease the absorption of bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Their slow-absorbing carbohydrates regulate blood glucose and keep the body full of energy.
- Lettuce, cabbage and spinach are some of the best options.
3. Chicken breast
The chicken breast is one of the lean meats that’s worth including in your diet, not only because it is delicious and versatile, but because it provides proteins of high biological value.
- This variety of nutrients helps weight loss, since they play a part in the formation of lean mass, especially when complemented with high impact physical training.
- It improves physical and mental performance and controls cravings.
Legumes are a very complete food from a nutritional point of view, since they provide protein, fibre and vitamins and minerals.
- They’re low in calories and contain a minimum amount of fatty acids that benefit the body.
- They’re also valued for their energy content, since they act as a source of fuel for the body.
- They help prolong the feeling of fullness and help cholesterol control.
Avocados are a food that should always be in the kitchen pantry, since they’re delicious and full of essential nutrients.
- They contain healthy fatty acids and carbohydrates, which improve metabolic activity to improve energy expenditure.
- They’re healthy for the cardiovascular system and, among other things, decrease your risk of obesity.
- Their vitamin E and essential minerals protect the body against oxidative stress and aging.
While nuts contain a lot of calories by volume, if you eat them in moderate amounts, they’re great for losing weight.
- They’re a healthy snack that, due to their proteins and carbohydrates, help to have better physical and mental performance.
- Their dietary fibre helps to reduce the accumulation of lipids in the arteries and also keeps the body satisfied for longer.
7. Whole-grain bread
This food is made with whole grains and healthy seeds which together help weight loss without affecting your health.
- It provides important amounts of fibre, a nutrient that improves digestion and decreases hunger.
- It also contributes omega 3 fatty acids, which are good for fighting inflammation and cholesterol.
- The carbohydrates it contains are slow-absorbing, so they keep the body active and glucose levels stable.
Are you fighting to lose weight? Do you want to improve your diet? Don’t hesitate to consider all these foods and enjoy their interesting benefits.