7 Most Effective Exercises to Reduce a Double Chin
Here, learn about 7 simple exercises to help you get rid of that unwanted double chin!
With only a few minutes each day, you can strengthen your jaw and neck muscles, which in turn reduces your double chin. Double chins are very unpleasant and also look really unappealing when you look at yourself in the mirror or in a picture.
Fat building up in this part of body may imply that you’re prone to cardiometabolic disease. Not only overweight people have a double chin but you can also develop one if you have flaccid jaw muscles, which make your face lose its figure.
This usually happens after a certain age, but you should always be cautious. Thus, here are the most effective exercises to reduce a double chin.
The good news is that these exercises are fairly easy, so you can do them anytime and in the comfort of your home.
1. Circular tongue motion
- Sit in a comfortable place, with your back completely straight and your mouth closed.
- Then do circular motions with your tongue around the roof of your mouth.
- Try to do ten reps, three times a day.
- You can also try to do side to side circular motions.
Read this too: Get Rid of Your Double Chin with Clay and Cucumber
2. Tongue press
- Begin with your back completely straight and your shoulders down, preferably in a comfortable place.
- Tilt your head back completely, until you’re looking towards the ceiling.
- Then, press your tongue to the roof of your mouth. While doing this movement with your tongue, you should bend your head in a manner that has your chin touch your chest.
- You should never stop pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth while doing this exercise, so concentrate! Then, relax your tongue and return to the starting position.
- Do at least 20 reps per day.
3. Inclined frown
- You can do this exercise standing up or sitting down. Do whatever works best for you.
- Stick out your lower lip as far from your mouth as possible, like babies do when they’re about to cry.
- While frowning, stiffen your neck muscles and bend your head in a manner that has your chin touching your chest.
- Always keep your back and shoulders straight while doing this exercise.
- When your chin touches your chest, return to starting position, rest, and repeat at least 15 times a day.
4. The “O”
- Start with your back straight and your shoulders down.
- Then, tilt your head backwards and open your lips to form an “O” shape.
- Keep your neck stiff and hold this position for 20 or 25 seconds. Then, return to starting position and repeat at least 10 times a day.
5. Chin rotations
- You can do this exercise in a sitting or standing position. The important thing is to keep your back as straight as possible.
- Then, move your chin to touch one of your shoulder and then do the same to the other.
- Your chin must do a semicircular motion, rubbing against your chest until it reaches the other shoulder. Make sure to keep your shoulders down during the exercise.
- Repeat ten times.
Read this too: Eliminate That Double Chin without Surgery
6. Kiss the ceiling
- To do this exercise, you must stand straight with your arms hanging by your sides.
- Then, tilt your head back towards the ceiling.
- Afterwards, pucker up your lips as hard as you can, until you feel tension in your neck and chin muscles.
- Hold for at least five seconds and then return to starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 15 times every day.
7. Pronouncing vowels
This last double chin reducing exercise is really simple and you can do it at any time.
- Stand up with your back completely straight.
- Now, pronounce each vowel slowly, with your mouth wide open.
- Try to repeat as many times as you can.