Four Oatmeal Recipes for Weight Loss
Oatmeal is really versatile, highly nutritional ingredient you can enjoy in all kinds of weight loss recipes, from breakfasts to desserts. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!
There are many oatmeal recipes for weight loss out there. What’s important to remember is these are a mere addition to a balanced diet and an active lifestyle. So, you must leave any sedentary habits behind.
While the idea of losing weight quickly simply by taking a “miracle remedy” or diet product might seem tempting, the best thing to do is improve your habits and start making consistent changes to build a healthy lifestyle.
In this next section, we want to tell you a bit more about oatmeal. This is a really healthy ingredient, suitable for those who want to lose weight or maintain it.
The benefits of oatmeal
Oatmeal has always been an excellent nutritional supplement. Not only is it known for its high quantity of antioxidants and minerals, but also for several other nutritional properties.
- It helps with healthy weight loss
- Reduces triglycerides and bad cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps lower high blood pressure
- Improves stamina while exercising
Today, however, we want to focus on how oats are a very healthy food that can help you thicken recipes and make others tastier. Therefore, look for the different ways to take advantage of it.
Oatmeal recipes for weight loss
Some of the best ways to lose weight with oatmeal are the following that we are going to mention. Remember they complement a balanced diet, not “magic” solutions to achieve the “perfect” body.
1. Oat milk
Firstly, we’d like to show you one of the most common ways to cook oatmeal, so that you can start to lose weight as soon as possible. Plus, it’s easy to make, and only requires a few minutes of preparation time.
- 8 c. of mineral water
- 1 c. of whole-grain oats
- 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice
- Firstly, using a blender, mix the oats in a cup of water until the mixture is smooth
- Then add the rest of the water and mix again
- Next, add the lemon juice
- Finally, strain the drink in order to eliminate any chunks of oatmeal that may be left
- Drink it every morning on an empty stomach and you will notice changes after 2 weeks
Read more: Drinking Oat Milk: What Are the Benefits?
2. Lose weight with cooked oatmeal
This is another common way to lose weight with oatmeal. Simple, easy, and fast to prepare for breakfast as well as as a light snack or dinner.
- 6 c. of mineral water
- 1 c. of whole-grain oats
- 2 tbsp. of barley miso
- Firstly, heat the water, and once it boils, add the oats
- Then, wait 5 minutes, and turn off the heat
- Wait until the mixture cools, and add the barley miso, and let it sit for 8 hours
- Once this time has passed, mix in a blender and it will be ready to drink
3. Oat-pear-ginger shake is a great oatmeal recipe for weight loss
Combining your favorite ingredients can be one of the greatest delights when it comes to losing weight.
- 1/2 banana
- 1 ripe pear without its skin
- 1 skim yogurt
- 1/2 c. of precooked oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp. of chopped ginger
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
See also: How to Keep Your Arteries Healthy
- First, put all the ingredients into a blender and process until the mixture is uniform throughout
- Then, drink it as part of your breakfast, as it is an effective way to gain the energy you’ll need for the day
4. Oatmeal recipe for weight loss – cookies
Instead of gaining weight by eating unhealthy chocolate chip cookies, how about losing weight with these delicious oatmeal cookies? Learn to make them, and enjoy them with tea or coffee– with no regrets.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. of egg
- 1/2 c. of flour
- 1 c. of oatmeal flakes
- 1 c. of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. of raisins or nuts
- 1 pinch of powdered cinnamon and 1 pinch of baking soda
- Firstly, place the oats, nuts or raisins, flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and mix well
- Then, in a separate container, beat the butter with the vanilla extract and egg
- Next, add the sugar little by little, beating continuously, to make sure the mixture is uniform throughout
- Add the mixture of oatmeal and raisins, blending until well-mixed
- Finally, prepare the cookies and put them in the oven until they are golden brown. They’ll be the best diet dessert of your day!
Make the very most of these oatmeal recipes for weight loss and start enjoying all the benefits this cereal has to offer. But just remember: oats aren’t miracle workers.
It is possible to lose weight with oatmeal, so long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, and stick to your new regime.
Finally, drinking enough water throughout the day, exercising regularly, maintaining a balanced diet, reducing your intake of salt and sugar, and making sure to unplug from your busy life now and again are simple things you can do to feel great. If you’re looking to lose weight, the best thing to do is consult your doctor and a specialist who can advise you as to the best course of action in your particular case.