4 Recipes to Lose Weight with Oatmeal
Oatmeal is really versatile, highly nutritional ingredient that can be enjoyed in all kinds of different recipes, from breakfasts to desserts. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!
If you want to lose weight with oatmeal, it’s important to remember that it must be eaten as part of a balanced diet, while maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle and leaving your sedentary habits behind.
While the idea of losing weight quickly simply by taking a “miracle remedy” or diet product might seem tempting, the best thing to do is improve your habits and start making consistent changes to build a healthy lifestyle.
Drinking enough water throughout the day, exercising regularly, maintaining a balanced diet, reducing your intake of salt and sugar and making sure to unplug from your busy life now and again are simple thing you can do to help you feel great.
If you’re looking to lose weight, the best thing to do is consult your doctor and a specialist who can advise you as to the best course of action in your particular case. With their advice and some good habits, you’ll be able to maintain a healthy weight.
In this next section, we want to tell you a bit more about oatmeal. This is a really healthy ingredient, suitable for those who want to lose weight, or maintain it.
What are the benefits of oatmeal?
Oatmeal has always been an excellent nutritional supplement. Not only is it known for its high quantity of antioxidants and minerals, but also for several other nutritional properties.
- Helps lose weight in a healthy way
- Reduces triglycerides and bad cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Helps lower high blood pressure
- Improves stamina while exercising
Today, however, we want to focus on some of the different ways you can prepare oatmeal. That way, you’ll be able to lose weight with oatmeal, and enjoy all of these tasty recipes.
Oatmeal can be used to thicken some recipes, and enrich others.
See also: How to Keep Your Arteries Healthy
Recipes to lose weight with oatmeal
1. Oat milk
Firstly, we’d like to show you one of the most common ways to cook oatmeal, so that you can start to lose weight as soon as possible. Plus, it’s easy to make, and only requires a few minutes of preparation time.
- 8 cups of mineral water
- 1 cup of whole-grain oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Firstly, using a blender, mix the oats in a cup of water until the mixture is smooth.
- Then add the rest of the water and mix again.
- Next, add the lemon juice.
- Finally, strain the drink in order to eliminate any chunks of oatmeal that may be left.
- Drink it every morning on an empty stomach and you will notice changes after 2 weeks.
Read more: Drinking Oat Milk: What Are the Benefits?
2. Cooked Oatmeal
This is another common way to lose weight with oatmeal. And, with just a few ingredients, you’ll have the perfect recipe for saying goodbye to those extra pounds for good.
- 6 cups of mineral water
- 1 cup of whole-grain oats
- 2 tablespoons of barley miso
- Firstly, heat the water, and once it boils, add the oats.
- Then, wait 5 minutes, and turn off the heat.
- Wait until the mixture cools, and add the barley miso. Let it sit for 8 hours.
- Once this time has passed, mix in a blender and it will be ready to drink.
- Finally, drink it on an empty stomach, so that by the time you eat breakfast, you won’t be very hungry and you can satisfy your appetite quickly.
Don’t forget how important it is to do plenty of physical exercise in order to lose weight.
3. Oat, Pear, and Ginger Shake
Combining your favorite ingredients can be one of the greatest delights when it comes to losing weight.
- 1 skim yogurt
- 1/2 cup of precooked oatmeal
- 1 ripe pear without its skin
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
- First, put all the ingredients into a blender and process until the mixture is uniform throughout.
- Then, drink it as part of your breakfast, as it is an effective way to gain the energy you’ll need for the day.
4. Diet Oatmeal Cookies
Instead of gaining weight by eating chocolate chip cookies, how about losing weight with these delicious oatmeal cookies? Learn to make them, and enjoy them with tea or coffee– with no regrets.
- 1 cup of oatmeal flakes
- 1/2 cup of raisins or nuts
- 1/2 cup of flour
- A pinch of powdered cinnamon
- A pinch of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of egg
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Salt (a pinch)
- Firstly, place the oats, nuts or raisins, flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Then, in a separate container, beat the butter with the vanilla extract and egg.
- Next, add the sugar little by little, beating continuously, to make sure the mixture is uniform throughout.
- Add the mixture of oatmeal and raisins, blending until well-mixed.
- Finally, prepare the cookies and put them in the oven until they are golden brown. They will be the best diet dessert of your day!
It is possible to lose weight with oatmeal, so long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, and stick to your new regime. Make the very most of this versatile ingredient, and start enjoying all the benefits it has to offer. But just remember: oats aren’t miracle workers.