Ways to Eat Oatmeal and Why it's so Healthy
Oatmeal is really healthy for your body, and there are countless ways to eat it. Learn more in this article!
Have you ever heard of the many ways you can eat oatmeal?
Oatmeal is a very popular cereal as much for it’s excellent nutritional value as for its possibilities in cooking.
Oatmeal can help to regulate digestive problems and contribute the energy that we need throughout the day, among many other great benefits. It’s a very healthy food.
In this article, you’ll discover all of the properties of oatmeal, as well as different ways to eat it.
Benefits of oatmeal
Oatmeal contains protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, B complex vitamins, and minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron).
Thanks to its nutritional value, oatmeal has many great properties for your health. It:
- Improves digestive functions and prevents acid re -flux and gastric ulcers.
- Aids intestinal movement and fights constipation without irritating the intestine, thanks to its fiber content. As a result, it’s a cereal much more adequate than another refined flour.
- Contains fiber that helps to reduce levels of cholesterol.
- Is very nutritious and energizing, in the way that it gives us vitality. This property helps us in periods of struggle and convalescence. It’s very good for athletes, children and pregnant women, etc.
- Even though it’s not low in calories, oatmeal contributes to losing weight in a healthy way, thanks to its filling nature and low fat content. You can eat it everyday in moderate amounts.
- Its amino acid content contributes to facilitate liver function, which facilitates the elimination of toxins from your body. This is essential to prevent disease.
- It regulates your nervous system and fights illnesses such as anxiety, nervousness, depression, insomnia, and hyperactivity, etc.
See this article: 4 Ways to Lose Weight With Oatmeal
How can you eat oatmeal?
You can eat oatmeal in many different ways Find out what they are and start to enjoy this cereal in all kinds of recipes.
First, you can just eat the rolled oats plain in cereal or in snacks or well cooked.
If you opt to eat them plain, you can toast them and combine them with dried fruit, like in this delicious and healthy granola.
This food is very complete and offers a great quantity of vegetable protein, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids and fiber.
In some countries, rolled oats are eaten just with milk. However, if you eat them raw, some people have swelling and acid reflux. In this case, they should be chewed very well.
Oat flour, which is obtained by grinding this cereal, is a perfect ingredient in our recipes from bakeries. It is a much more nutritious flour than wheat flour and offers a good consistency of flavor in recipes.
Also, people with celiac disease and people who can’t tolerate gluten can use oat flour to cook. (As long as it’s gluten-free, of course!)
You can bake cookies, cakes, muffins, bread, waffles, etc. with oat flour.
Smoothies and creams
If you want to add extra creaminess and consistency to our fruit smoothies, you just have to add a little oatmeal to them when you’re blending them.
We recommend cooking the oatmeal ahead of time, or soaking it for a few hours first.
This creaminess occurs because of the mucilage, a type of soluble fiber that becomes gelatinous with the water. This is very beneficial for your intestines and good health in general.
We recommend: 5 Energizing Smoothies with avocado
Milk and cream
If you’re looking for an alternative to the lactose in cow’s milk, you can opt for an oat drink. Also, today it’s very easy to find it in supermarkets and it’s easy to prepare at home.
You can also make cream from this cereal. This is a thick and concentrated oat drink, which we can substitute for cream used in cooking sauces, desserts, etc.
Oatmeal water is a popular and simple remedy to lose weight easily.
It can be a very effective complement for losing weight, improving ailments, or cleansing the body.