A Perfect Diet for Losing Weight Quickly
If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to adopt a balanced diet and stick to it. You can't just use it to slim down and then drop it. You need to aim to have a healthy life.
By following this diet, you should be able to lose about a pound per week. At this rate, you can expect to lose around four pounds per month without the need for any “miracle diet.” A lot of those types of diet don’t work anyway, as people put the weight straight back on again as soon as they stop.
In this article, we’ll show you a diet for losing weight quickly yet healthily.
It’s not a strict diet that limits certain food groups. It’s a method for changing your diet whilst making sure your body gets the nutrients it needs.
The main idea is that you reduce the number of calories you get from fats and sugars, with what they call a “hypo-caloric diet”.
What foods are included in this diet?
Firstly, we have dairy products. Any dairy products you consume should be low in fat, such as skim milk or yogurt.
If you want to try vegetable drinks like soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk, you should look for ones which are rich in calcium.
Fruits, Vegetables, and Legumes
Next, we have vegetables. These should be included in any healthy diet and they should be a part of all your lunches as a side dish, and the main ingredient at dinner time.
Among the many vegetables that you can choose from are lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, courgettes, mushrooms, and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower.
Fruit should also be a part of any diet. It’s recommended that you eat two or three pieces of fruit every day, and you should include them at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Plus, it also makes a great snack. It’s the perfect option if you get hungry between meals.
Then, we have cereals and legumes. These types of food provide a lot of energy. As a result, you should include approximately a fist-sized portion of any cereal or legume.
When it comes to pasta, you should choose whole wheat pasta and avoid highly refined products.
Protein and Fat
We also need to remember to include sources of protein, like eggs, meat, or fish. In the case of eggs, you should consume between three and four a week. Meat should be white in most cases. Try not to eat red meat more than twice a week.
As far as fish is concerned, try to increase your consumption so you can reduce your meat intake. Try to eat some fish four or five times a week and get a mixture of white and oily fish. Finally, oils and fats should be cut down to two or three tablespoons per day.
You can use this amount of oil for cooking or as a dressing. The reduction of fats and meats in particular is key to reducing your calorie intake and losing weight quickly.
A Diet for Losing Weight Quickly
To more easily spread these foods throughout the day, the best thing to do is design a meal plan to organize your food. This way, you can make sure that you get the right amounts of each food and keep your diet balanced.
- At breakfast, have some dairy, like a coffee with skimmed milk, or some cereal. You can also try toast with some turkey meat. This is a great source of energy and protein to start the day.
- Later, about halfway through the morning, have a fruit-based snack, like a couple of kiwis, a banana, or an orange. This will help fend off hunger until lunch time.
- At lunch time, have a first course of vegetables, cereals, and legumes, like soup or a baked potato. For the main course, get some low-fat protein, like chicken or grilled salmon. Finally, your dessert should be dairy, like a low-fat yogurt.
- Midway through the afternoon you can have another fruit-based snack, just like you did in the morning. This way, you’ll have gotten your recommended amount of fruit for the day. Try a banana or an apple.
- To end the day, follow the same routine as you did for lunch, but with smaller portions for dinner. Have some vegetables in a green salad, or some grilled mushrooms with a source of protein, like sole or hake, or even an omelette.
Finally, you should cap off the day with another dairy product, like a glass of warm milk, or a low-fat yoghurt.