Worthless Words that Aren’t Followed by Actions
If they’re not followed by action your words don’t count; they don’t matter – they’re worthless words. No doubt even in your closest circle of friends there’s a person who often acts this way.
Being human means that from time to time we behave in this way. We make promises, we plan projects, and our words are adorned with high hopes and beautiful dreams.
But when the moment of truth arrives or a time of need arises, there’s nothing there. Everything that was said and promised disappears with a puff of smoke.
That fragile trail of smoke slips out of an open window. After that, no doubt, disappointment, emptiness, and a lack of trust come in.
Because we constantly demand consistency, respect, and responsibility from other people, it’s important that we show the same courtesy to others.
If you make a promise, fulfill it and if you love, prove it. However, if you don’t love, don’t lie.
Today we suggest you think some more about this.
Worthless words and personal responsibility
Ever since you were a child, however, you began to see the power of words. There are phrases that hurt and phrases that can help you grow in maturity and confidence.
See also: Find a positive self-esteem habit
But one aspect that’s of vital importance when raising your children is that you demonstrate outwardly what you say with words.
If you love your child, show them by supporting them and making them believe that they are capable of doing anything they want.
Moreover, if you make a promise to your child, you should keep it. If you don’t, all you do is create a vacuum and your child will eventually stop trusting you.
Your words don’t only serve to communicate messages. You use them to create a link between what you say and what you do. That’s why it’s important that you maintain a proper balance.
If you love me, prove it
Love is much more than just words. Personal relationships cannot thrive only off promises or affectionate phrases.
- A relationship is, first and foremost, made up of a series of daily actions that string together to make a whole.
- It’s a universe of fortresses where all words are translated into action, where the two members are brave and take risks for each other.
- If you love, act. If you love, defend.
- And, finally, if you mean something to a person you love in any way, either by a bond of friendship or family, you must show your love through trust and unconditional support.
Discover also: Live your life and forget your age
How to deal with “promise breakers”
As everyone knows, there are professional “promise breakers” out there. These are the people who are skilled in the art of hollow, false, and worthless words.
- It could be that you know someone in your family like this, or even today your own partner might fit this same profile.
- They make you believe things that never materialize. So much so that, for a while, you even believe their excuses until little by little, you come to realize that their only priority is themselves.
Such bonds are very dangerous.
All they give you is a long wait, a false hope. You put up with a little more because there is affection or love. In the end, however, the heaviest emotion is your emptiness and loneliness created by worthless words.
How should you act in these situations?
- A person can fail you once, twice, or three times. But when disappointment becomes routine, it’s time to act.
- Demand consistency. If someone tells you every day how much they respect you, appreciate you, and love you – but you know that they’re never by your side when you need them – don’t trust them.
Anyone who wants to be with you will be there “through thick and thin.”
Try, above all, to practice yourself what you demand from others. Support, appreciate, and show affection to those you love on a daily basis, without waiting for special moments.
If the people around you are professional “promise breakers” and artisans of worthless words, put some distance between you.
The price you pay for this kind of harmful bond is very high.
As we all know well, this type of person is highly dynamic and will always appear in your day to day life.
They are so prevalent that you eventually develop a sort of “intuitive radar” that you can use to instantly identify these fantasy players, these sellers of smoke and mirrors, these tricksters of worthless words.
No matter what, always stay clear of these people.It might interest you...