Try this Recipe for Rice Pudding Cake
Rice pudding is a super easy dessert to make and one that almost everyone likes. If you want to get a little bit creative without losing the essence of this recipe, we’ll teach you how to make a fantastic rice pudding cake. Plus, we’ll give you some ideas for varying the recipe.
A rice pudding cake with a biscuit base
What ingredients will you need?
For the biscuit base you’ll need:
- Plain biscuits (or, if you prefer, cinnamon biscuits)
- Melted butter (50 g)
For the rice pudding you’ll need:
- Rice (200 g)
- Liquid cream (optional)
- 6 or 7 spoonfuls of sugar (150 g)
- Lemon peel
- Orange peel (optional)
- Cloves (optional)
- Butter (7 g) (optional)
How to make this rice pudding cake
First, you’ll have to make the base. Here’s how:
It’s as easy as crushing the biscuits and mixing them with the butter until you have a dough that you can use to line the mold.
If you don’t have a cookie crusher, break up the biscuits, put them in an airtight bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until they’re powdered.
Read: Nutrients and Exercises to Maintain a Healthy, Clean, and Strong Liver
Next, you’ll have to make the rice pudding:
Make your rice pudding as usual. If you’re tired of making rice pudding in a pan (which takes forever), you can also make it in a pressure cooker.
Yes, that’s right. You can, it’s great, and it doesn’t stick! Here’s how:
- Add all the ingredients. Remember that butter and cream give it smoothness, but also more calories.
- Don’t forget to dissolve the sugar well. Once the pilot light rises, don’t leave it for more than four minutes.
Cooking times depend a little on the type of fast cooker you have. So it’s best to check the times on the leaflet that comes with your cooker.
Now for the rice cake:
- Once you have your rice pudding ready and you’ve removed the cinnamon stick, the lemon peel, and the cloves (if you’ve added them), blend it with the mixer. It doesn’t need to be a super smooth cream.
- Next, heat the milk and make the curds by following the instructions.
- Then, add the curds to the previous mixture.
You might find this interesting: Ten Healthy Foods to Regulate Your Digestion
Finally, it’s time to assemble the cake:
- On the biscuit base, put the mixture and leave it in the fridge until it’s completely set.
- Put the rice pudding on top.
- Then, garnish your cake with cinnamon powder.
Rice pudding cake with candied fruits
- For a rice pudding cake with dried milk, add a dash of rum and chopped candied fruit to the crushed rice.
- Spread a springform pan with liquid caramel.
- Add the mixture and bake in the oven at medium temperature for about 30 minutes.
More ideas to vary your rice pudding cake
- Always use the proper pan for dessert baking.
- If you want, you can use a sponge cake instead of a biscuit base. You can buy it or make it yourself.
- To decorate the cake, you can use stencils with drawings to sprinkle it with cinnamon or simply cover the entire base with cinnamon. In the latter case, a few candied cherries or raisins can be used to add color.
- If you want, you can use rice pudding from the supermarket. This is an ultra-fast version!
- To top it off, you can add orange or strawberry marmalade and whipped cream instead of cinnamon when the cake is set. To spread the marmalade better, heat it up a little.
- If you want, instead of milk and curds you can also make it with neutral gelatine. When the rice has been blended, put it back to cook and add 6 sheets of gelatine dissolved in a little hot water.
The health benefits of rice
Finally, it’s interesting to note that rice water is super healthy and nutritious. Among its beneficial properties for our health we find:
- It has no cholesterol. Therefore, it’s a good source of energy with 0% fat.
- Rice water is low in sodium, so it’s ideal for people with high blood pressure.
- Plus, it’s heart-healthy because it contains no fat.
- It’s rich in fiber and protects against cancer.
- Rice water has anti-diarrheal properties.
- It’s recommended for stomach pains or gastritis due to the starch it contains.
- It doesn’t contain gluten.
- Finally, it’s suitable for diabetics (however, always consult your doctor).