5 Herbal Infusions to Clean Your Arteries Naturally
When a person finds out that they have arterial obstruction, it’s essential to try to improve your lifestyle immediately and heed his doctor’s recommendations. Otherwise, you won’t be able to clear your arteries naturally, not even with the herbal infusions that we’ll mention soon.
Blocked arteries can unleash serious consequences for cardiovascular health. If not detected, little by little, this produces circulatory and cardiac effects that reduce the quality of life.
Eating healthy, exercising and maintaining other good lifestyle habits is essential during treatment (and for the rest of your life), and also maintaining adequate hydration.
Hydration is key for cardiovascular health
According to experts from the Spanish Heart Foundation, it’s essential to hydrate adequately on a daily basis. Not only when doing physical activity, but regularly throughout the day. They add that:
“With dehydration of 2% in our organism, physical performance is reduced by 20%, while if dehydration reaches 5%, an athlete can experience a reduction in performance of 50%”.
Nutrition and diet experts such as Julio Basulto point out that it’s advisable to drink according to your thirst, even in the summer. He says we shouldn’t force ourselves to drink two liters of water a day, as was commonly believed until recently.
It’s well known that water is vital to human health. It helps the body to perform all its functions correctly, provides energy, regulates body temperature, eliminates retained fluids in the body, and relieves inflammation, among other things.
Although it’s important to prioritize water consumption, it’s also possible to obtain it through the consumption of foods such as fruits, for example. And how do you know if you are drinking enough water? A very simple indicator is your urine: if it’s light in color, you’re well hydrated. If it’s dark, you probably need to hydrate better.
Unlike water and natural homemade drinks, commercial “hydration” drinks are not a good alternative for everyday use, as they contain sugars, sodium and other additives that have no health benefits. In fact, the ideal would be not to drink them at all or, if there’s no alternative, to consume them moderately and not too often.
On the other hand, cleaning the arteries also refers to lowering cholesterol levels in the blood. These molecules can stick to the walls of blood vessels, obstruct flow and cause a condition called atherosclerosis. However, natural infusions are not a substitute for specialized medical treatment under any circumstances.
That said, in this artice we’ll tell you about some of the herbal infusions that can help you stay well hydrated, take care of your cardiovascular health, and clean your arteries naturally.
You might be interested in: Why is Hydration so Important?
1. Basil Infusion
Basil can not only be used to season food in the purest Italian style, but it can also be used to prepare a delicious mild infusion to keep you well hydrated and take care of the health of your whole body, including your arteries.
On the other hand, a study published in the journal Phytotherapy showed that basil is capable of reducing the accumulation of cholesterol in macrophages. This step is essential for the formation of arteriosclerosis and the obstruction of the artery. Therefore, this infusion helps to clean blood vessels indirectly.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of basil leaves
- First, boil the water and add the basil.
- Then, cover and take from the heat, and allow to steep for 10 minutes to reach room temperature.
- Finally, filter with a colander and drink your infusion to clean your arteries.
2. Thyme tea
Another important herb to clean your arteries naturally is thyme. This is an aromatic herb that is used to decrease levels of bad cholesterol (LDL), and it has anti-inflammatory properties, according to experts in phytotherapy.
The anti-inflammatory properties of thyme have been proven in different scientific studies. In addition, according to the journal Molecules, the plant also has expectorant, antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- First, boil a cup of water and add the thyme.
- Then, let it steep for 10 minutes and filter in a colander.
- Drink three times per day, 20 minutes after each meal.
3. Celery infusion
Another ideal drink to clean the arteries naturally is celery tea, which is very easy to prepare and not only hydrates, but also refreshes and reduces inflammation. It’s especially good in very hot weather.
In addition to helping to naturally cleanse the arteries, celery tea has other benefits for the cardiovascular system. According to the Natural Products and Bioprospecting magazine, the plant has compounds with antioxidant and hypotensive properties, which reduce the risk of suffering from coronary diseases.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of celery leaves
- First, boil the water and add the celery.
- Then, cover and let it steep for 10 minutes.
4. White hawthorn tea
According to alternative medicine, hawthorn infusion helps clean the arteries naturally and maintain the health of the whole body. It helps to release accumulated toxins, fight fluid retention, and reduce inflammation in the body.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of hawthorn
- First, boil water and add the hawthorn.
- Then, cover and allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Filter with a colander.
Also read: Foods That Clog the Arteries
5. Rosemary tea
Rosemary tea is also easy to prepare and can be used to naturally cleanse the arteries while cooling and hydrating the body. In addition, rosemary is rich in antioxidants according to multiple studies, so it neutralizes free radicals and reduces damage to the arterial endothelium, thus keeping blood vessels in good condition.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- To begin, bring a cup of water to boil, and when it reaches boiling point, lower reduce the heat and add the rosemary.
- After, cover and allow it to steep for 2 or 3 minutes.
- When it has reached room temperature, strain it.
- Drink 3 cups a day, 20 or 30 minutes after each meal.
To clean arteries naturally, good habits are essential
Although there’s still a lack of scientific evidence that shows that regular consumption of these beverages can help clean arteries naturally, some people already use them to aid hydration and thus contribute to the health of the whole body.
Remember that you don’t need to rely only on the consumption of a drink or food to clean your arteries, but on a healthy lifestyle and your doctor’s guidelines. In this sense, people can make the following changes to their lifestyle:
- Give up smoking.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Reduce your consumption of fried foods and saturated fats.
- Control alcohol intake.
- Give up a sedentary lifestyle.
- Perform some type of physical activity at least three times a week.
- Lose weight.
If you have high cholesterol or other health problems, it’s essential that you always consult your doctor before starting to include these drinks regularly in your diet, as in some cases, they could be contraindicated.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Erkan, N., Ayranci, G., & Ayranci, E. (2008). Antioxidant activities of rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis L.) extract, blackseed (Nigella sativa L.) essential oil, carnosic acid, rosmarinic acid and sesamol. Food Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.01.058
- Castañeda, B; Castro de la Mata, R; Manrique, R; Ibáñez, L; Fujita, R; Barnett; Mendoza, E. (2008). Estudio fitoquímico y farmacológico de 4 Plantas con efecto hipoglicemiante. Revista Horizonte Medico.
- Colivet, J., Marcano, G., Belloso, G., Brito, D., & Gómez, E. (2012). Efecto antimicrobiano de extractos etanólicos de albahaca (Ocimum basilicum L.) sobre el crecimiento de Staphylococcus aureus. Revista Venezolana de Ciencia y Tecnología de Alimentos. https://doi.org/10.1021/jm00076a019