Is it possible to slim down your face?
Having a round face isn’t always as cute or attractive as it seems. Particularly if you’ve already lost weight elsewhere and can’t slim down your face. Exercising and eating well are crucial when it comes to slimming down your face. Would you like to know how to do it? We’ll tell you about it in this article.
Tips to slim down your face
To lose weight you can go to the gym, go out for a bike ride, or join a spinning class. However, there doesn’t seem to be a specific activity to slim down your face that can get you closer to this goal. Try the following if you’re trying to slim down your face:
1. Consume fewer calories
For a slimmer face, you’ll have to give up fatty, sugary, and fried foods that you might thoroughly enjoy but that are terrible for your health.
The secret is to consume fewer calories than you burn through exercise. Instead of fast food or unhealthy snacks, nutritionists recommend switching to a high-fiber diet. Doing so will speed up your body’s metabolism to eliminate stored fat from your chin and cheeks.
2. Lose weight
You must keep in mind that the shape of your face is also conditioned by your individual bone structure, genetic factors, and ethnicity. Either way, when you lose weight in other areas you’ll also start to notice the change in your facial features. Your cheekbones will take shape and your chin will stop losing its bulging skin.
As such, signing up for a gym membership or starting to exercise at home is an excellent idea. You won’t just slim down your face, but also your belly, legs, and arms. In other words, you’ll look just the way you want to look!
3. Drink a lot of water
Proper hydration is the best way to get rid of the fat and toxins stored in your face. Furthermore, if you reduce your salt intake (or high-sodium foods), your body will be able to eliminate waste that isn’t doing you any good.
As if that weren’t enough, drinking a lot of water is great for healthy, youthful, and beautiful skin. Your face won’t just be slimmer but also prettier. You can also drink fresh juice and herbal teas (try diuretic ones like dandelion or horsetail).
Physical activity is absolutely crucial to losing weight. However, your face might not be the first part of your body to slim down when you exercise. This is because calories and fat are usually burned from other areas first.
But don’t lose hope; at some point, you’ll see how your neck and chin start taking form. Besides getting into a routine at the gym, we recommend staying as active as possible even if you have to sit at work all day.
How to do it? Bike to work, use the stairs instead of the elevator, don’t take the car when you go shopping, get away from your desk for a few minutes every hour, among other things.
Also, take daily walks, bike rides or go jogging in the park, all these are great, simple, and gentle exercises to begin moving. You can your routine as difficult or as easy as you like throughout your week.
Here is a simple exercise you can do a couple times a week.
5. In the meantime, conceal your round face
While you wait for the results of your diet and exercise, you can try using makeup and hair tricks to make your face look slimmer. For example, don’t overdo it with the blush and avoid haircuts that are too close to your face.
6. Slim down your face through massage
Who says your face doesn’t deserve a nice massage every now and then? These are quite relaxing as well as slimming. Start with small pinches along your jawline (from your chin toward your earlobes).
Then, use circular motions on your cheeks. Let your mouth settle into a half-open position and your jaw relax so you can target your entire face.
Another way to do it is to massage your chin area (where fat and skin tend to accumulate). Apply a little bit of almond oil to your fingers to keep it from irritating your skin.
We recommend reading: 6 Techniques for Healthy, Firm Cheeks
Exercises to slim down your face
A facial exercise routine doesn’t take much effort and can actually be fun. You can do it any time of the day and take the opportunity to laugh in front of the mirror.
Set your stress aside, and your worries and problems also! Instead, do some exercises to slim down your face in the meantime.
- Open your mouth as widely as you can and then close it. Repeat 10 times.
- Open your mouth wide and close your eyes. When you close your mouth, open your eyes. Do this coordination exercise at least 10 times.
- Move your closed lips to either side of your face as many times as you can.
- Fill your mouth with air and puff out your cheeks, hold for a few seconds, and release. Repeat 10 times.
- Make a “kissing” face and then smile with your mouth still closed, (your cheeks should move) at least 15 times.
- Stick your tongue out and move it around for 1 minute.
- Wrinkle your face as if you just smelled something bad or as if you’re about to sneeze.
- Tilt your head back and hold it for 10 seconds. Return to the beginning of this list and repeat the steps 10 times.
In conclusion, it’s completely possible to slim down your face with a few simple changes of habit. Finally, remember to consult a health professional before making any changes to your diet. They’ll be able to tell you about any possible issues.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Choi UK, Lee OH, Yim JH, Cho CW, Rhee YK, Lim SI, Kim YC. Hypolipidemic and antioxidant effects of dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) root and leaf on cholesterol-fed rabbits. Int J Mol Sci. 2010; 11(1): 67-78. doi: 10.3390/ijms11010067.
- Hernández S, Zacconi F. Aceite de almendras dulces: extracción, caracterización y aplicación. Quím. Nova. 2009; 32 (5): https://doi.org/10.1590/S0100-40422009000500044.
- Molina Zúñiga R. El ejercicio y la salud, “la caminata”: beneficios y recomendaciones. Rev. costarric. salud pública. 1998; 7(12): 65-72.
- Pastor-Zarandona O, Viveros-Paredes J. Ingesta de comida rápida y su influencia en la producción de N-aciletanolaminas involucradas en el ciclo hambre-saciedad. Rev. Mex. de trastor. aliment. 2017; 8(2): 171-184.
- Urdampilleta A, Martínez-Sanz J, Julia-Sanchez S, Álvarez-Herms J. Protocolo de hidratación antes, durante y después de la actividad físico-deportiva. European Journal of Human Movement. 2013; 31: 57-76.
- Yoon JG, Kim SH, Rhyu HS. Effects of 16-week spinning and bicycle exercise on body composition, physical fitness and blood variables of middle school students. J Exerc Rehabil. 2017; 13(4): 400-404. doi: 10.12965/jer.1735052.526.