As time passes, your body goes through changes. You lose hydration and collagen. Your skin stops being flexible and becomes a little bit more flaccid. Muscle tone diminishes. This is especially visible on the neck, which can accumulate fat and begin to look like a ‘double chin’. If you would like to preven this, here we will offer you some simple remedies.
Experts say that one of the main causes of this loss in muscle tone is the fact that you aren’t producing as much collagen. Skin cells will notice it and will not be able to fight against free radicals. But you can often find these elements that you lack in your body in food, simple resources that everyone has on hand and can help. Do you want to know them?
Remedies for Fixing Neck Flaccidity
Castor Oil Massage
- Castor oil is a great remedy for these cases. Its essential fatty acid base prevents you from losing your natural moisture, gives you more flexibility, hydration, and restores your skin by keeping it smooth and clean.
- It’s best to use a tablespoon of castor oil and tablespoon of olive oil. Mix both oils well in a cup and then put a little bit of this mixture on the palm of your hand. Now, with firm and upward moving movements, massage yourself from the neck area towards your jawline. Do it for at least 15 minutes. Then, soak a small towel in hot water and wring it out well. Leave it on your neck for 5 minutes. The steam will help your skin absorb it and relax it even more. Do this at night.
- Everyone knows: drinking water is healthy. But you should be very conscious of this. Keeping your body hydrated helps you keep your skin healthy and free of wrinkles. If you are well balanced inside, all of this will be reflected outside. So, don’t forget to drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
Avoid Sun Exposure
- The sun if necessary for your health: it helps you synthesize vitamin D, for example. But you should be cautious and protect yourself from it with creams, sunglasses, etc. Your neck is very sensitive to the sun’s rays and this promotes premature aging. As a consequence, it is always good to protect yourself from it with a towel or prevent sun bathing when the sun is the most intense.
A Proper Diet
Having a diet rich in antioxidants, betacarotenes, and vitamins A, C, and E, it is essential to keep your skin healthy, prevent flaccidity, and fight against free radicals. It is essential to start your desserts with healthy juices. The best kinds are beet and apple-based juices. They are very healthy for keeping yourself hydrated and with proper vitamins and minerals to keep your skin young.
Avocado and Grape Mask
- A reaffirming mask that is rich in antioxidants that prevents aging. The combination of avocado and grape juice are excellent allies for your skin. It refreshes you, hydrates you, and gives you minerals. In order to benefit from its properties, just take the pulp from a half of an avocado and add five grapes. You can put it in the blender or mix it well with a fork. The goal is to get a thick enough paste to be able to apply it to your neck.
- Lay down on the couch and keep the mixture on for twenty minutes. If you do it everyday, you will notice more firmness little by little.
Reaffirming Oat Cream
- Oats are a very old remedy for repairing skin and for providing the essential fatty acids that you need in this very sensitive neck area, which is where the first symptoms of flaccidity appear. To make it, take a half cup of oats, a half glass of hot milk, and a teaspoon of rose hip oil. Mix it well until you get a homogenous paste. Apply well to your neck. If this is difficult, it’s best to lay down with a towel on your chest so that you don’t get it on you. Try to keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, rinse well with cool water.