The Incredible Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
People have been using essential oils for centuries. In Asian and Mediterranean cultures, people used them to make natural remedies. Frankincense essential oil is one of the ingredients in many of these remedies.
This natural oil has medicinal and aesthetic properties. Find out all about what this can do for you in this article.
Essential oils are made by distilling dry aromatic plants. To make them, you apply distilled water to the substance. The process prevents removing the properties of the plants, and the water will help make the oil more liquid in texture.
In the distillation process, the essential oil oil is physically separated from the water because it is lipo-soluble. When separated, it will affect the skin more and give you more benefits.
Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense is very common as a powder or in incense sticks. This scent comes from the bark of the Boswellia tree. To make it, they extract the white sap from the tree and let it harden for several days. Then, it becomes a rubber resin.
Frankincense essence contains ketone alcohols, natural resins and terpenes. Other chemical components of frankincense essential oil are alpha pinene, acyl, bornyl acetate and octyl.
An Oil with Healing Properties
One of the properties of this oil is to relax and stimulate the psyche. This happens because the aroma enhances this sense of relaxation and stimulation through smell.
By applying the oil to your skin, it helps naturally heal many ailments, aids in regeneration, and is anti-inflammatory.
Additionally, it can help strengthen your skin and reduce respiratory problems, among other benefits.
The Properties of Frankincense Essential Oil for Your Body
It Rejuvenates Your Skin
Discover: Four Night Creams That Will Make Your Skin Look Perfect
Frankincense essential oil helps strengthen your skin. In addition to rejuvenating it, the aroma will sink deep into your skin.
- Apply this oil before going to bed, and massage your skin gently to help it absorb.
Your skin will be strong and hydrated with this natural treatment. Frankincense essential oil will help you look radiant and healthy!
It Strengthens Joints and Prevents Arthritis
This essential oil is great for relieving joint pain in your legs and arms. You just have to massage the oil onto the affected areas. Its anti-inflammatory properties will go deep into your skin and relieve pain.
For people suffering from arthritis, this oil is a great ally to relieve pain. In this case, you should massage it slowly to treat inflammation in your joints.
Frankincense Essential Oil Reduces Respiratory Problems
To combat respiratory problems, you can use frankincense essential oil topically or by breathing it in. It’s best to make a vapor out of this oil because its anti-inflammatory properties will help clean out your airways.
The smell of this oil is very comforting,and you will feel your airflow improve in your nostrils. In fact, you can even treat certain problems like asthma with this oil.
However, if you have a sinus infection, you should talk to your doctor to make sure that it won’t make the infection worse.
It Can Help Prevent Digestive Disorders
This essential oil boosts the production of gastric juices, bile and acids. Consuming this oil stimulates digestion, so food moves through you correctly. Additionally, it prevents irritation in your intestine.
- Add a few drops of oil to a glass of water. Then, drink it after breakfast.
- You can drink this two or three times a day. However, we recommend that you do if after eating to help with your digestion.
It Fights Bad Breath and Improves Oral Health
Check out this article: Fight Bad Breath and Body Odor With This Natural Juice
Finally, if you have bad breath or toothaches, don’t worry. Frankincense essential oil with help you with your oral health. The antiseptic qualities of this oil can prevent bad breath, cavities, toothaches, mouth sores, and other mouth infections.
- After brushing your teeth, place three drops of frankincense essential oil in a glass of water. Then, gargle it.
- With this simple natural remedy, you can prevent mouth sores and have better overall oral health.
Now you know the many benefits of frankincense essential oil. Take advantage of it! You’ll love its intense and pleasant aroma.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Baratta, M. T., Dorman, H. J. D., Deans, S. G., Figueiredo, A. C., Barroso, J. G., & Ruberto, G. (1998). Antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of some commercial essential oils. Flavour and Fragrance Journal. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1026(1998070)13:4<235::AID-FFJ733>3.0.CO;2-T
- Siddiqui, M. Z. (2011). Boswellia Serrata, A Potential Antiinflammatory Agent: An Overview. Indian J Pharm Sci. https://doi.org/10.4103/0250-474X.93507
- Lee, H. Y., Yun, M. Y., & Kang, S. M. (2008). Anti-inflammatory effect of Boswellia sacra (Franckincense) essential oil in a mouse model of allergic asthma. Korean Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology.