3 Sugar Exfoliant Recipes to Fight Dry Skin
The body’s largest organ is the skin. This protects you from any outside damage. However, we don’t always give it the attention it deserves. It’s important to keep it hydrated and clean to prevent severe consequences.
When it has proper lubrication and moisturization, it’s considered to be normal. However, if your skin is irregular, it’s called something else, like dry, greasy, or mixed.
We focus on how to fight dry skin. This happens when there’s a lack of oil. A lack of oil is caused by the loss of water in the stratum corneum.
This is also influenced by other factors like washing too much and quick temperature changes. While it doesn’t seem like it, this is skin that’s fine and delicate.
There’s so much tightness that it usually causes:
- Itching or burning
- A feeling of tension
- Dull and no shine
- A lack of elasticity
- A tendency to wrinkle
- Constant irritation
- Allergy to certain soaps
- Sensitivity to the temperature
To start treating dry skin, daily hygiene is important. This is because it gets rid of defects that form because of pollutants, sweat, oil, and germs.
It’s important to be careful with commercial products. This is because they have a lot of chemicals which makes them counterproductive. Because of this, we recommend that you use organic products.
What is a sugar exfoliant good for?
- Sugar can get rid of dirt that you have in your skin: pimples, blackheads, and acne
- And, it removes dead skin
- Also, exfoliants increase blood flow
- An exfoliant can increase the oxygenation of your epidermis
- It increases the texture of your skin
- Also, it helps other treatments directly absorb into your skin
In this article, we will show you several natural sugar exfoliant options for dry skin. These will help you to get rid of imperfections that get stuck in your skin.
Don’t forget to do a test on a small area of skin to see if you have an allergy to the treatment.
1. Sugar and olive oil
Sugar helps to get rid of blackheads. This gives your skin a fresh, young appearance. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer. It also repairs tissues and balances oil production.
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- To start, add the sugar to a container.
- Then, add the olive oil and mix it for a minute.
- There you go! Make it for use in your shower.
How to use it
- While you’re in the shower, use the sugar exfoliant all over your body.
- Then, massage with circular movements.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
2. Sea salt and lavender
The consistency of sea salt lets you get rid of dead skin cells without damaging your skin.
Lavender has anti-inflammatory properties. These are good for fighting acne, wounds, or getting rid of bacteria.
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of dry lavender
- 16 drops of lavender essential oil
- First, mix the salt with the coconut oil.
- Then, add the dry lavender and the lavender oil.
- Lastly, mix it until all of the ingredients are well integrated.
How to use it
- Apply this in the shower using a smooth massage.
- Let it work for a few minutes.
- Rinse with a lot of water.
3. Oats and almonds
Oats are a cereal that has a high content of proteins and antihistamine compounds. This controls itching. Also, they moisturize and balance your pH level.
Almonds give you vitamin E. Together with their antioxidant effect, they help to get rid of toxins.
- 4 tablespoons of oats
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 1 apple
- Put the oats in a container and add the honey and almond oil.
- Mix it until all of the ingredients are well mixed.
- Then, chop the apple and add it to the mixture. This gives the cream an antioxidant effect.
How to use it
- Apply it to your face or other parts of your body. Use circular massages and let it work for 15 minutes.
- Then, rinse your skin until there’s no residue left.
- Avoid exposure to temperature changes.
- Use sunscreen every day.
- Drink at least 8 cups of water per day.
- Take care of your diet, you should especially reduce your fat intake.
- Reduce your alcohol and tobacco consumption. These reduce the amount of collagen you have.
- Control your stress.
- Don’t forget that creams are indispensable for moisturizing.
- Don’t exfoliate if you have an injury.