Strawberries Romanoff Recipe: Strawberries and Cream with a Difference
This strawberries Romanoff recipe is exquisite, perfect for enjoying as a dessert or for surprising guests on a special occasion. It’s simple to prepare, and we’ll show you how to make it step by step.
It also has a significant content in essential nutrients, and we can highlight its content in good quality antioxidants. For this reason, it can be included in the context of a healthy diet.
Prepare strawberries Romanoff at home
Before starting, it’s important to note that the presence of fruits is important in order to ensure the proper functioning of the body. Of course, it’s advisable to consume them in season, because their organoleptic and nutritional characteristics are superior and they’ll provide a good amount of vitamins and minerals.
If you want to prepare a delicious strawberries Romanoff, you will need the following ingredients:
- 900 grams (36 oz) of strawberries
- 80 milliliters of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 60 milliliters of Cointreau
- 400 milliliters of very cold whipping cream
- 50 grams (2 oz) of sugar
- 5 milliliters of vanilla essence
- 120 grams (5 oz) of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh mint or spearmint
Of course, if the recipe is going to be consumed by children, you’ll need to remove the alcoholic beverage from the ingredients.
- First of all, wash and dry the strawberries well and then cut them as desired. It’s important to ensure the pieces aren’t too small.
- Once this step is over, put the strawberries in a bowl and add the orange juice together with the liqueur. It is also possible to add a little bit of Modena vinegar to make the strawberries release all their juice, although this step is optional.
- When the ingredients are in the bowl, cover it, and let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, stirring from time to time.
- Take the strawberries out of the refrigerator a little before whipping the cream so that they aren’t too cold.
- Then, whisk the cream until it’s thick.
- At this point, add the sugar and vanilla, and continue beating until the cream is half whipped.
- Finally, add the sour cream or yogurt to the whipped cream and continue stirring until the ingredients are well blended.
- Finish by placing the strawberries with the cream in a glass and garnish with fresh or chopped mint.
The benefits of eating strawberries
We can’t close without referring to the main benefits of strawberries for our health. This fruit stands out for its high vitamin C content. This is a nutrient that has been shown to enhance immune function, reducing the risk of developing infectious diseases.
On the other hand, it’s worth mentioning their antioxidant content. These substances neutralize the formation of free radicals and their subsequent accumulation in the body’s tissues. This mechanism is related to a lower incidence of chronic diseases in the medium term, according to a study published in the European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
Finally, strawberries are also a source of fiber, an element that improves the functioning of the digestive and intestinal tract and prevents constipation, according to research published in Nature Reviews .
You may also be interested in: 9 Health Properties of Strawberries
Enjoy our delicious strawberries Romanoff recipe
As you have seen, making strawberries Romanoff at home is extremely easy. Keep in mind that nutrition experts recommend consuming at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, and up to 5 servings to improve the effects on the body.
In this way, you can prevent the development of many chronic and complex pathologies over the years. However, in order to do so, it will also be essential to promote other good lifestyle habits.It might interest you...