How to Make Strawberry Refrigerator Cake in a Few Simple Steps
Desserts are the perfect endings to great dinners. In this article, learn how to make strawberry refrigerator cake two ways to surprise all your guests!
Imagine this: you’re home alone bored, so you suddenly decide to kill some time by cooking. You don’t want to prepare another savory dish and you love desserts, especially cold ones. Does this sound familiar? If so, in this article, we’ll share two amazing strawberry refrigerator cake recipes with you.
These recipes are the perfect ways to enjoy the amazing flavor and antioxidants of strawberries.
How to Make Classic Strawberry Refrigerator Cake Step-by-Step
This strawberry refrigerator cake will wow your friends and family with its fruitiness and sweetness.
Strawberries are very versatile fruits. They’re used to make countless recipes, from delicious smoothies to sauces. In addition, they’re very adaptable and always give recipes a fresh touch.
The best part about this recipe is that you can adapt it to your tastes, preferences, and special needs. Just let your imagination run wild!
- 3 cups of strawberries (360 g)
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- 2 cups of cornstarch (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (15 g)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar (60 g)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (125 ml)
- 1 can of condensed milk
Don’t forget to take a look at this article: 8 Benefits of Strawberries for Your Health
- Use an electric mixer to mix the strawberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice until you get a smooth and lump-free mixture. You don’t have to strain it.
- Then, pour the mixture into a dish and put it in the fridge for at least 40 minutes.
- Mix the condensed milk, cornstarch, and butter in a bowl.
- After that, heat the ingredients on the stove in a small pot until they blend together.
- It’s important to stir constantly and make sure to turn off the heat once the mixture boils.
- Then, slice some strawberries to use as garnish later on.
- Take out the dish you stored in the refrigerator and pour the mixture you just made on top.
- Finally, decorate the top of your cake with the strawberry slices.
- Then, put your strawberry refrigerator cake in the fridge for approximately four hours. After that time, enjoy!
You may also enjoy the following article: Ever Heard of Pineberries or White Strawberries?
Strawberry Refrigerator Cake with Heavy Cream Recipe
To make this variation of strawberry refrigerator cake, you need heavy cream.
Although heavy cream tastes just as yummy as condensed milk, which we recommended in the first recipe, you’ll definitely notice a difference in this dessert’s consistency.
- 1 box of vanilla cookies (485 g)
- 1 can of heavy cream (370 g)
- 4 cups of strawberries (480 g)
- 1 cup of sugar (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract (30 ml)
- First, mix the heavy cream with the sugar in a bowl with a wire whisk. You can also add a tablespoon of vanilla extract to the mix.
- Then, cut the strawberries into thin – and preferably circular – slices.
- Now, assemble the cake in a dish in the following order: a vanilla cookie layer, a strawberry layer, and finally a heavy cream layer.
- Repeat until you run out of ingredients.
- Finally, put your strawberry refrigerator cake in the fridge for approximately four hours. After this time, your cake will be ready!