Stop Insomnia with These Homemade Juices
Try these homemade juices if you have insomnia, wake up in the middle of the night, or maybe cannot sleep well and wake up feeling sleepy. In this article, you can learn how to prepare 5 delicious mixtures with medicinal properties that will help you fall asleep and get some good rest.
Stop Insomnia by Having a Good Diet
Insomnia is a medical condition that severely affects many people’s quality of life. If you don’t get enough rest at night, you won’t be able to recover energy. As a result, your body will be more prone to suffer disease.
Furthermore, people who have insomnia will have anxiety during sleeping hours and won’t be able to fall asleep. Consequently, they tend to resort to medications which can sometimes have negative side effects.
In such cases, it would be a good idea to try these natural homemade juices which are not just delicious but are a great natural way to stop insomnia.
5 Natural Juices that Stop Insomnia
Try these combinations to create some juices with relaxing properties. Or mix different ingredients to suit your taste and stop insomnia naturally.
1. Pineapple and Beetroot
This refreshing pink juice provides the nutrients you need to sleep better:
- Pineapple: is rich in tryptophan which is the precursor to melatonin and serotonin. Melatonin helps you fall asleep, whereas serotonin increases your feeling of well-being.
- Beetroot: it stands out due to containing a lot of magnesium, which is related to some types of insomnia. People who have a magnesium deficit sleep very light and wake up several times during the night.
Read this article too: Easy, Effective Natural Remedies with Pineapples
2. Banana, Strawberry, and Spinach
This creamy balanced juice is the perfect mid-night snack if you want to sleep better during the night. Although it contains spinach, this smoothie has a powerful banana and strawberry flavor.
- Banana: are great for treating insomnia because they contain melatonin, the sleep hormone. They also contain magnesium, which helps relax muscles.
- Strawberry: also contain melatonin, a hormone secreted by the pineal gland.
- Spinach: is stands out because it contains vitamin B6, which helps the brain produce melatonin and serotonin.
3. Tomato and Lettuce
This vegetable juice could be a savory alternative to gazpacho. You can season it with sea salt, olive oil, garlic, and vinegar.
- Tomato: increase melatonin production and are rich in magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium.
- Wild Lettuce: has incredible sedative and relaxing properties. It also has some analgesic properties, which can help you fall asleep if you suffer from chronic pain.
4. Carrot and Almond
This delicate juice, as well as fighting insomnia, is also great for your sight, skin, and bones.
- Carrot: Just like spinach, carrots are rich in vitamin B6.
- Almonds: contain omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids. These nutrients help you get better quality sleep and recover more energy.
Check out this article too: How Your Body Benefits From Four Almonds Everyday
5. Cherries and Oats
This delicious juice is slightly sour, so you may like to sweeten it with a little stevia or honey.
- Cherries: contain melatonin and magnesium, as well as other beneficial nutrients. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and help relieve muscle pain.
- Oats: are a very special cereal. Not only are they very energetic, but also have relaxing properties for the nervous system. Therefore, they help combat insomnia, stress, anxiety, and nervousness.
When to Drink These Juices
- If you want to balance your nervous system, you can drink these juices throughout the day, in between meals. This can be very beneficial for people who have anxiety, stress, or irritability.
- If you just want to treat your insomnia, drink these juices throughout the afternoon. Avoid drinking them just before you go to bed. This is because some of them are diuretic and you may wake up in the night needing to go to the bathroom.
- You need to have a little patience because you may not notice effects right away.
- It’s also a good idea to avoid stimulants, especially in the afternoon or evening, such as coffee, tea, or cola.