Stimulate Hair Growth with a Homemade Treatment
In order to stimulate hair growth, and give it strength and shine, it’s necessary to have good eating habits, in addition to a care routine appropriate for your type of hair.
Additionally, it’s said that coconut oil and rosemary can be applied to reinforce the effects of all the good life habits you keep on a daily basis.
Coconut oil and rosemary oil hair treatment
The mixture of coconut oil and rosemary oil is an alternative remedy that is widely recognized as having the power to stimulate hair growth.
It’s suitable for cases of excessive hair loss, but also for problems with growth that can stop you from having a full, long mane of hair.
It won’t change the production of oils on your scalp, so it can be used on all hair types: oily, mixed, and dry.
But keep in mind that rosemary is a product that, by nature, tends to darken hair, so you should take this into account before using it if you have light hair.
On the other hand, people with dark hair will benefit greatly from rosemary, since it’ll accentuate their tone and give off a spectacular shine.
Try out this Rosemary and Nettle Treatment for Your Hair
The benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil is an ingredient that is used in many different natural cosmetics.
Rich in essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and amino acids, it’s a restoring substance that helps alleviate various scalp problems.
- Its nutrients penetrate the scalp, stimulating the growth of new hair in cases of excessive hair loss
- It hydrates your roots and stops your hair from becoming weak and brittle
- It acts as a natural conditioner to help keep your hair silky, hydrated, and brilliant
The benefits of rosemary oil
The use of rosemary as a treatment to stop excessive hair loss has been known since antiquity. In fact, many companies use rosemary extracts to produce treatments and shampoos for fighting hair loss.
- Its compounds activate the circulation in the scalp and improve the oxygenation process of the hair follicles
- This allows your hair to repair itself and nourishes your hair to stimulate growth
- It also has astringent properties that can stop the excessive production of oils and therefore reduce the appearance of dandruff
Learn how to use Vinegar as a Home Remedy for Dandruff
Homemade hair treatment to stimulate hair growth
So that your hair can make the most of all the benefits of these oils, we suggest mixing them together into one product for regular use.
It’s important to bear in mind that, although it helps to stimulate growth, it should be complemented with other hair care products for the best results.
Also, it’s crucial to use 100% organic coconut oil and high-quality rosemary oil, since refined versions don’t have the same properties.
- 10 tbsp. of organic coconut oil
- 5 tbsp. of rosemary oil
- Heat-resistant container
- Glass jar
- Pour the coconut oil into the container
- Melt it in a water bath and mix it with the rosemary oil with the help of the spoon
- Let the mixture rest at room temperature and pour it into the jar
How to use it
- Firstly, take a generous amount of the oil mixture and rub it all over your scalp
- Separate out your hair into sections to more easily distribute the mixture
- Massage it in for 5 to 8 minutes, applying light pressure with your fingertips
- Then, leave it to act for 20 minutes or more and rinse
- Repeat this treatment 2 or 3 times a week
Use these ideas to stimulate hair growth
Do you want a full and strong head of hair? Remember that as well as using this product consistently, you should improve your diet and habits to take good care of your hair.
Try to identify if any of the products you use regularly contain ingredients that can cause hair loss. Also, avoid excessive use of heat and chemical dyes.