Five Spinach Smoothies that Promote Weight Loss
Spinach smoothies are good alternatives to manufactured drinks. Sodas, far from helping you, only lead to weight gain and pretty much sabotage any plan you may have to improve your health.
There are many recipes for green smoothies out there. Some are sweeter and others fresher, so there’s something to suit every taste. Are you ready to try them? Continue reading then!
Being overweight and obese are two of the leading causes of heart disease, circulatory problems, and diabetes. Thus, maintaining a healthy weight is now one of the top goals for many people around the world.
To attain this goal, said people usually stop consuming overly-processed food and industrial beverages. This is because, as we mentioned earlier, they’re overloaded with sodium and sugar.
These people also seek to improve their health through various diets, many of which include healthy beverages such as spinach smoothies.
How does a spinach smoothie improve your weight?
OK, let’s consider how this vegetable can benefit those who are trying to lose weight before getting into the recipes.
Spinach is rich in fiber so it promotes proper digestion and intestinal transit. Also, it contains proteins, iron, potassium, vitamin C, A, E, and beta-carotene, as well as folate and fiber.
In addition, estimates indicate it contains between 93% and 95% of water, which, as we said above, means it’s a vegetable rich in fiber.
As you can see, you must incorporate smoothies into a well-balanced diet, taking into account the needs of your body, of course. At this point, some of you might still be thinking: why would anyone want to drink a spinach smoothie?
Read: Cream of Kale and Spinach – A Shot of Vitamins
1. Smoothies with spinach, pineapple, and mango
This kind of smoothie is aromatic, satiating, and has a certain diuretic effect. The combination of spinach, pineapple, and mango will leave a great taste in your mouth. It’s easy to make if you follow these steps.
- ½ avocado
- 1 ripe mango
- 3 slices of pineapple
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- ½ c. of coconut water
- Firstly, cut the banana, avocado, mango, and pineapple into small chunks
- Next, wash the spinach
- Then, add all the fruit to a blender together with the spinach coconut water
- Process everything until you get a smooth mixture
- Finally, serve it and enjoy it
2. Smoothies with spinach, orange, and kiwi
Try this smoothie if you like refreshing drinks with a certain sweetness.
- 2 oranges
- 3 kiwis
- 1 c. of washed spinach
- ½ glass of water
- Firstly, peel the oranges and the kiwi and cut them into chunks
- Then, put them in the blender and add the spinach
- Later, add the water and blend it
- Finally, serve immediately and enjoy
3. Smoothies with spinach, peach, and banana
- 1 banana
- 2 peaches
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 tbsp of orange juice
- ½ c. of almond milk
- Firstly, cut the peaches and banana into small chunks
- Add them to the blender, along with the spinach
- Then add the orange juice and the almond milk
- Finally, blend it until you get a smooth mixture and serve it
4. Smoothie with spinach, melon, and yogurt
This smoothie is a bit thicker than the previous ones and also has a sweet touch due to the melon. Therefore, it’s perfect when you want to satisfy your appetite in the middle of the morning, or before or after exercising.
- 1 cup of cabbage
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of cantaloupe melon
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut water
- Firstly, put all the ingredients in a blender and process them until you get a smooth mixture
- Then, serve and drink (drink up to two glasses a day)
5. Smoothie with spinach and apple
Apples add a certain chewy consistency to this smoothie so it’ll satisfy your appetite whenever you crave a snack.
- 1 apple
- The juice of a lemon
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of spinach
- A pinch of cinnamon and ginger (optional)
- Firstly, chop the apple and blend it along with the spinach and the lemon juice
- Then add water to reduce its density and drink it immediately
- Finally, drink in moderation as part of breakfast or a snack
Find out: Try These Delicious Spinach Wraps
Spinach smoothies are just a complement to a healthy diet
Drinking these spinach smoothies shouldn’t be an actual meal. Thus, drink them along with your meals or as an extra snack.
Mind your water consumption in order to remain properly hydrated while you follow a weight loss diet. Also, pay attention to your fruit and vegetable intake. You must maintain a variety as spinach won’t provide everything your body needs to function properly by itself.
Finally, we recommend you refrain from adding extra sugar and other kinds of sweeteners to your spinach smoothies so as truly benefit from their properties. Thus, try not to exceed the daily sugar limit recommended by the World Health Organization.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Moser B, et al., “Impact of spinach consumption on DNA stability in peripheral lymphocytes and on biochemical blood parameters: results of a human intervention trial”, Eur J Nutr. 2011 Oct;50(7):587-94.